Chapter Five

Let Me Take The Pain Away

Minseok wanted to run away but he knew he couldn't as his wrists were tied to the bedpost with a tie. His body wasn't , he still had his white shirt but it was ed. He wanted to stop crying but the tears didn't stop flowing down. He knew he was wearing nothing beside his shirt. But he liked it like that.

Vulnerable and hopeless, he said.

Minseok could feel his unstoppable tears kept flowing down to his cheeks. He tried to struggle but he then chuckled lowly. He knew he might look like a stupid boy. He knew he couldn't escape. And actually, he... he didn't want to escape.

"Don't hurt yourself, my love," a man suddenly said. Minseok turned around and saw his lover smiling at him. He too wanted to smile, but his heart was hurting too much that he could only stare at his beloved one. The man walked to Minseok and hovered over the small boy. Leaning closer, the man whispered at Minseok.

"It's only me who can hurt you."

Minseok was scared to death when he heard that. He let out a soft whimper from his chapped lips. But when the man pulled away a bit and stared at Minseok with those eyes of him while Minseok's cheek, Minseok couldn't help but to feel loved. It was as if someone was too in love with him. He too was too deep in love. What a 16 years old boy knew about the difference between love... and obsession? He thought all he had been through was normal. He thought every couple went through things like him.

He hissed softly when he felt something small and cold slid on his crook. A small knife. His crook was bleeding. It hurts. He wanted to run when his love started doing that. He felt his lips were kissing the wound, the blood away. Minseok hissed again softly. He could clearly hear what his lover whispered.

"I'm the only one who can love you and hurt you. Remember that."

Had you ever heard a phrase 'want to hide, but never want to run away'?

That was exactly what Minseok was feeling.

*---*

Minseok screamed as he opened his eyes widely. Cold sweat was streaming through his face and all over his body. He was breathing heavily, trying hard to control his breathing. He glanced at the clock on the wall. 3.15. He saw Luhan's bed but it was just an empty mess. He was wondering where the boy went. But after a while wondering, Luhan came back with Minseok's mug - his favorite one - and a weak tender smile on his face. Luhan took some tissues too and then sat next to Minseok. He handed the mug to the owner. Hot chocolate.

"I'll treat you coffee tomorrow, but just drink the hot chocolate for now," Luhan said softly while wiping Minseok's cold sweat. Minseok stared at Luhan and nodded slowly after a while. "Hot chocolate is still one of your favorite, right?" Luhan asked as he remembered how Minseok would asked his mother to make some hot chocolate almost every night before he went to sleep. Minseok nodded while gulping the sweet substance.

Luhan chuckled as he saw Minseok's lips corner. "You're 18 now, but still drink like a kid," Luhan said while wiping the chocolate substance that was left on Minseok's lips.

Suddenly there was a knocking sound from the door. Luhan smiled at Minseok before he went away to open the door. After a while, Luhan came back but he wasn't alone as Yifan was trailing behind him, while yawning and rubbing his eyes. Luhan sat on his bed while Yifan sat behind Minseok and pulling the small guy to sit between his thighs. He had his arms around Minseok's body and he could feel Minseok's body became more relaxed.

"You almost broke my hearing, you small kid," Yifan said while ruffling Minseok's hair.

"I'm not a kid," Minseok said with a pout. "I'm older than you."

"Said the one who is pouting like a 5 years old," Yifan said then laughed. Luhan laughed too at that, leaving Minseok to puff his cheeks in annoyance. "Now you look like 3 years old," Yifan cooed. Minseok slapped Yifan thigh but that only made Yifan and Luhan laughed again. Yifan eyed the mug Minseok was holding. He knew it was from Luhan. He just knew. "Okay Luhan, I'm just so hurt that you never make me anything. I want hot chocolate too. No, I demand it now. Now."

Luhan looked at Yifan with amusement and said, "Be cute like Minseok, and I'll consider it." Yifan snickered at that, making Minseok and Luhan laughed. Yifan saw Minseok's laughing face and he smiled. He successfully distracted Minseok from bad thoughts.

It was like that. Luhan and Yifan both protected Minseok because they all knew each other for a long long time. While Minseok and Luhan knew each other from God-knew-when, they knew Yifan when they got into junior high school. Those three couldn't be separated. When you saw Minseok, then in a few seconds you would saw Yifan or Luhan or even the both of them. It was always like that. Since Minseok was the smallest between those three, Luhan and Yifan had that urge to protect the small guy. Their hearts were screaming let's-protect-this-small-guy-even-he's-the-oldest-one.

Luhan would be the caring and loving one. He would do things calmly around Minseok and would be the best care-bear-like best friend. Sometimes Minseok thought he had 2 mothers - his mother and Luhan. They would like to have long talks about things that happened - what they liked, they hated, they love, they despised. Luhan was like that kind of care-bear - kind, soft, helpful, tender, and every sweet thing that could be in a person, which might have you puking rainbows - but the real version one.

While Yifan would be the firm and bold one. He would come to Minseok with a bar of chocolate but then after he gave it to Minseok, he would tease Minseok until the small guy wanted to kill him. He would come to Minseok and back-hugged him - like what he was doing - but he would tease Minseok to no end again. But once Yifan said something firmly, Minseok knew he wasn't kidding anymore and it was the best for Minseok. Minseok and Yifan didn't need too many words to describe how they felt. They only needed a few words and they would just understand each other just like that. Yifan was willing to look like a stupid just to make Minseok smiled again. Yifan was like that kind of soldier who would save the world - or in this case, Minseok.

Luhan was his fairy godmother. Yifan was his soldier.

*---*

"It's not love, Minseok ah!" Luhan said while shaking Minseok shoulder. "If it was love, he wouldn't do this to you!" Luhan said, almost screamed, at Minseok. But the older just still sat there lifelessly, eyes were blank and face was really pale. The cheeks Yifan and Luhan liked to pinch and tease were gone. The first time Luhan saw him from afar, Luhan wasn't sure that it was Minseok.

"But... He said... He loved me..."

Minseok hung his head low. His neck bones' shape was visible beneath his skin.

"He said... He was the only one... who could love me-"

"That's a lie, Minseok!"

"-And hurt me at the same time..."

Yifan was there the whole time too, sitting next to Minseok, staring at the two. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. How could someone do that to Minseok? He didn't do anything. He just fell in love to the wrong person, and he loved that person deeply. He put his hand on Minseok's head, ruffling the small man's hair softly.

"But he said he loved me," Minseok whispered softly. Tears were streaming down on his face. "He said I was the only one in his world. He said that was normal. Everything was normal. But it hurt. My body hurt. My head hurt. My heart... My heart was broken, and is still broken. I was scared. But he said it was because we loved each other too much. He said all I had been through was normal. It all based on our love. He said that every time he slit my neck. He said that they were just marks. To tell people I was belonged to him."

Even Minseok didn't realize when he had his body leaned on Yifan. The tall boy had Minseok on his embrace tightly, like if he ever loosened up a bit, Minseok would be gone with the wind.

Yifan promised himself. No one would ever hurt Minseok. No one.

*---*

Hi guyssss

I'm sorry for delaying the update. I have super bad news. First, my computer is broken. I can't update unless I go to internet cafe. Second, my mom won't let me go to internet cafe everyday because... she's a mom - you know what I mean. Third, my final test is starting next week and it will be held for about 3 weeks if I'm not mistaken. So I don't know when I will update this.

But this I promise you, I will never abandon this fic. I'll try to write and put it on draft so when I get back my computer, I can edit it and post it as updates for you guys. Please don't hate me. And please don't abandon this fic. I love you guys. ><

And, uh, you know, for people who wonder if I will take away Yifan's role in this fic or no, I won't. I started with him, and will end with him. This is Xiuhun, but Kris is Minseok's best best best best best best best friend beside Lulu. I can't take away his role just like that. (Actually I can, I just don't want to) So please if you don't like it, (this is hard for me to say like this as an author who of course wants a lot of feedbacks and readers) you can unsubscribe this.

Give me comments, questions, advices, or anything you are willing to give to me~ ^ㅠ^

Love me juseyooooooo~! ♥ ♥