Chapter Four

Let Me Take The Pain Away

It had been 4 days since Sehun knew Minseok, yet they never really talked to each other. Most of them were just between 'hello' and 'goodbye'. And Sehun noticed that Minseok was never alone, Yifan or Luhan was always with him. It was as if the two of them did a tag-team to be Minseok's bodyguard. Sometimes Baekhyun was with them too, but seriously, Minseok was never alone. Sehun sighed as he noticed that he never really got a chance to talk personally to the older.

So when he decided to go to the library to do his homework, he was surprised to see Minseok sat alone. Yes alone. Alone, and by that, he meant no Luhan or Yifan. Just Minseok alone. The older one was doing his homework while chewing bubblegum. Sehun gazed at the boy who didn't notice his presence. It was breathtaking and all Minseok did was doing his homework while chewing bubble gum. And yeah, popping it sometimes. It was cute.

As he didn't want to feel like a creep, he faked a cough and stepped forward, making Minseok surprised by Sehun's presence. The older one stared at Sehun who acted like normal, when actually his brain was screaming happily. As Sehun observed the older guy, Sehun noticed how tense his body was. With every step that he took, Minseok's body became tenser and tenser. He was eyeing left and right, like he was... scared? Sehun didn't know and he would just act like he didn't notice anything. Like what Jongin said, 'nothing was wrong with Minseok hyung.'

"Hi hyung," Sehun said then smiled. He placed his books on the table and sat on the chair in front of Minseok. "Did you forget to do your home works too, hyung?" Sehun asked while taking his history book from his bag. He acted like it was normal to talk to Minseok like that. He pretended that he didn't notice how Minseok's eyes wandered around; how Minseok bit his lower lip to stop it from trembling softly; or how Minseok's hands clutched to his shirt so hard. Minseok didn't even respond to Sehun.

And Sehun stared at Minseok right to his eyes. And that was Minseok's limit. A soft whimper was heard by the both of them. Minseok suddenly stood up and he looked so afraid. Sehun didn't know what he did wrong. Before he had the chance to ask, Minseok ran away from him, leaving all of his belongings on the table. Sehun sighed and slammed his pen on the table harshly. He didn't know what he did wrong.

"You must be a new student, am I right?"

Sehun turned his head to see a woman smiling on him. Sehun didn't know why she asked him that question but he just nodded.

"Of course you are," She chuckled. "It's hard to get close to him. I needed a whole year pushing myself and assuring him that I'm a good person to get me close to him," She continued.

Sehun frowned. Why? Was Minseok that type of person who disliked new people? Sehun didn't understand.

"I'm Ms. Park, the school librarian," She introduced herself suddenly, stretching her hand to Sehun. "Ms. Kwon is my assistant if you're wondering."

Sehun took her hand and shook it, saying, "Oh Sehun."

They both pulled away their hands and before Ms. Park went away, she said, "Good luck."

Sehun was left confused and alone.

*---*

The second time Sehun met Minseok alone was two weeks after the library incident. It was way later after the class was over. It was 5.30 p.m. and Sehun had just gone out from library to finish his works. He sighed as he saw the sky - it was colored with orange and yellow by the setting sun. Sehun still needed to give his form of dancing extracurricular to the dancing administration. He sighed as he walked there, hoping the secretariat hadn't closed.

On his way there, he saw Minseok alone, sitting on the bleacher of the outdoor soccer field. No one was there but Minseok. Sehun suddenly forgot about the dancing form and went straight to Minseok. He called the older's name with a loud voice, making the older surprised. Sehun stared at Minseok's soft yet sharp eyes and got hypnotized by those eyes. He kept walking and walking to the boy but when he moved his eyes to Minseok's lips, he caught Minseok was muttering something that broke his heart into pieces.

Don't come closer.

Sehun then stopped and measured the distance between them. It was about 10 meters. But he caught that Minseok's lips didn't stop muttering things. With a weak smile, Sehun took a few steps backwards and stopped after Minseok stopped.

15 meters.

Actually Sehun wasn't sure about his measurement, but he was sure that the distance was long. He couldn't even observe Minseok anymore.

"Hyung, can you hear me if I talk like this?" Sehun asked in loud voice. Minseok kept silence for a long time before finally he nodded his head once. "Then I'll sit here and we'll talk, okay?" Sehun asked again. He knew if he kept talking like that, his throat would sore the day after, but he didn't care. He thought it was the only way. Minseok nodded again and with that, Sehun sat on the ground, in the middle of the soccer field.

"So, you still remember me, right, hyung?" Sehun asked, hoping for any response he could get.

"J-Jongin... Jongin's friend," Minseok said. He didn't say it out loud that Sehun almost missed it, but it was lucky for him that there wasn't any sound could be heard beside Minseok's voice and... His own heartbeat. "Sehun," Minseok said. And a second after that, Sehun was sure that his heart skipped a bit. "And I just found out 2 days ago that you don't live in dormitory."

"Yeah, I live with my parents near the school," Sehun said. "We had just moved to Seoul a few days ago," he continued with a smile. Minseok just nodded, signing that he listened to what Sehun had just said. It was a long silence - and no, it wasn't awkward. It was a pleasant time because Sehun used the silence to admire Minseok again, especially his eyes. He was still lost in his eyes. Sehun thought no one would ever have better eyes than Minseok. Actually, everything about Minseok was like perfection to him. "So, hyung, do you like Pororo too like Jongin?" Sehun asked, after a long time, and he almost slapped himself for asking that stupid question. Minseok's face was unreadable. "I- I mean- you know- Pororo is cute and stuff and you're cute- eh! Oh my God, I mean-"

"Pororo is cute," Minseok said. "Not my favorite. But Pororo is cute," He repeated.

"How about Disney Princess, hyung? Do you like them?"

Sehun wanted to cry after he finished his words. Because, seriously, Minseok was older than him, and there he was, asking Minseok whether he liked Disney Princess or not. Minseok might think that Sehun was a real . He really felt like crying right then and there. But right when Sehun decided to change his question, Minseok answered him, saying "You're random, Sehun. But okay, Sleeping Beauty is romantic. Still not my favorite" with let's-just-answer-this-kid-question expression. "Because Disney pictured it way too different from the reality."

"So how's the reality?"

Sehun was surprised that he asked. He actually didn't care about that Sleeping Beauty thingy. He didn't even really know the storyline of it.

"The princess wasn't just kissed. She was... ..."

Silence.

Sehun noticed then how Minseok hugged his legs after he said that the princess was . He placed his chin on his knees, and he closed his eyes. Sehun was about to say something when suddenly Minseok screamed and closed his ears so tightly. Sehun was beyond surprised. He was totally shocked by that. He quickly stood up and ran to Minseok, leaving his belongings still on the ground. He tried to pry away Minseok's hands from his ears and repeatedly asked him 'what's wrong?' But the older one didn't stop screaming, he even started crying. Sehun tried to be as calm as he could, but actually his heart was racing like crazy.

"Don't hurt me"

Minseok repeated it like it was a mantra. And actually, Sehun was hurt by that. Sehun didn't do anything. Sehun was just trying to talk to him and yet that happened. When Minseok opened his eyes, his eyes were red. Sehun thought that they might be somehow stingy. Sehun wanted to wipe away those tears from Minseok's face when the older suddenly screamed again.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Sehun almost fell down to the ground if someone didn't catch him on time. He turned his head to see Yifan was holding his body. Jongin too suddenly came up, running to him and asking if he was okay. He nodded his head but quickly turned his head to Minseok again. The said man was trembling hard in Kyungsoo's embrace. Kyungsoo was whispering soft reassuring things. Sehun wasn't really sure what Kyungsoo said but he was sure it was something about Minseok being safe.

Yifan let go of him after he thought Sehun was okay. Kyungsoo helped Minseok to stand up and with a soft 'sorry', Kyungsoo brought Minseok away. Sehun and Jongin stared as the two figures went away. Yifan too was going to go away but Sehun gripped his wrist hard. Yifan turned around just to find a mad Sehun.

"I need explanation of this," Sehun demanded.

"You don't, so you can let me go now," Yifan answered his demand coldly.

"I NEED to know," Sehun said. "What's wrong with him?! I didn't even do anything! We only talked about Disney and suddenly he screamed and I couldn't register what happened and suddenly you guys came here! Just, actually, what happened to him?!" Sehun demanded. No. Actually he sounded like a desperate guy who asked for an explanation why his beloved one asked for a divorce. His face was red and his eyes were watery. He was frustrated. And Yifan could see that. Yifan could see how desperate and shocked Sehun was.

"I'll tell you, kid," Yifan said, pulling away his hand. "But not now."

With that, Yifan left Sehun and Jongin alone. Sehun couldn't stand any longer as he felt his legs turned into jelly. He sat on the field and looked like a frustrated man.

"I'm sorry, Sehun ah," Jongin said after he sat next to Sehun. "I got the feeling that you like Minseok hyung and yet I never tell you anything. It's just that I feel it's something Minseok hyung had to tell you by himself. You have to know about it from him, not me."

Sehun covered his face with his palms.

"I only need to know what happened"

*---*

Hello my dear~

So since I finally could play with my computer, I decided to update this chapter I had had for a few days. I hope I don't really make you guys wait tho ><

And yeah, you guys know how I roll, right? ANGST ANGST EVERYWHEREEEE *bricked* XDD

Give me comments, questions, advices, or anything you are willing to give to me~ ^ㅠ^

Love me juseyooooooo~! ♥ ♥