RenHyun Edition

A Jerk in my Journal II
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

RenHyun Edition  

 

“Was I that annoying?” Baekhyun frowned when he recalled the story that Karen told him during the break. The both of them separated from the three for the moment since they wanted to buy some drinks at the canteen before heading home.

“In my dream, yes.” Karen chuckled a bit, “And you were my frienemy back there.”

It made Baekhyun to sigh, but he wasn’t mad anyway. Karen couldn’t control her dream so he just can’t blame her.

“Mom says that I have to treat everyone politely, and never to grow my bad habits—especially when it comes to annoy people.” Baekhyun pursed his lips together.

Before Karen could comment anything about him, she soon stopped her tracks after looking at the extremely crowded canteen. Well, it wasn’t a surprise actually.

“Do you still wanna queue just for a cup of milkshake?” Karen questioned.

“I would do anything, Karen-ssi.”

“Drop that formality, please.” Karen rolled her eyes as they went for the line. “You know, sometimes being too formal isn’t good.”

Baekhyun tilted his head in confusion, “How so?”

“It’s hard for you to make friends and socialize. Teens like us aren’t taught to talk formally to people with the same age; especially classmates most of the time, right?” She shrugged her shoulders a bit, “Some people might find it annoying.”

“So I should really drop the formality, Karen-ssi?”

She nodded, “First, stop calling me ‘Karen-ssi’. Just Karen or Ren would do.”

“O-Okay.” Somehow Baekhyun felt a little bit nervous and uneasy when he was told to call Karen by her name. Probably it was because of the informality, or could it be something else?

“K-Karen.” He managed to mention her name, which made her happy. “Now, add ‘Ah’ after my name, it would be better, showing how close we are as friends.”

Just like an innocent kid, Baekhyun obeyed her easily. “Karen-ah.”

“That’s better, right?”

Baekhyun’s eyes somehow sparkled. He felt something new when formalities were dropped. “Yes, it is.”

Karen smiled at his reaction, it was priceless actually.

“And in my dream, you actually curse.” She chuckled after saying that, hoping to see Baekhyun and his priceless face.

 

“I-I really did?”

And yep, just like what she predicted, Baekhyun’s jaw dropped.

 

“Yeah, and I’ve gotta admit that it was kinda funny.” Karen said and walked a step to the front since some students had already got their orders.

But it was kinda unexpected when a male student in front of her apparently walked back to the queuing line after getting his order instead of going out through the exit line. And that was how the little incident happened.

The cup of orange juice held by the male soon spilled over Karen’s shirt as she couldn’t help but gasped—in a low voice though.

“The .” Karen mouthed while staring at her wet uniform. It wasn’t quite audible for the male student to hear, but Baekhyun caught a small glimpse of it.

“Oxygen and Magnesium! (OMg)” He gasped and covered his lips with

Please log in to read the full chapter