Flowers and Blood

Dark Side of the Moon

Tao lay giggling on the floor.  Kris came in and nearly tripped over the maknae’s flailing feet.

“What the heck are you doing, Tao?” he furrowed his thick eyebrows.

“Baekhyun,” the boy squealed.  “Baekkie!  Arwen!”

“What’s gotten into this kid,” Kris thought as he walked past him and into the hallway.  There he saw Luhan and Sehun hugging and kissing each other.  “Pff, what do you think you’re doing?” he called.

The couple broke apart, and Luhan hid behind Sehun’s taller figure.  “Way to ruin the moment,” Sehun muttered.

“What moment?” Kris challenged, but before Sehun could reply, he shouldered his way into the kitchen.

“What a depressed little fellow,” Sehun commented, and went back to kissing Luhan.

--

“What the heck?  Are they still kissing?” Baekhyun groaned.

“Yeah,” Arwen sighed and rolled her eyes.  Suddenly, her eyes grew bright.  “Wait, I can just teleport us out of here.”

“Oh, yeah!” Baekhyun punched the air triumphantly and grabbed her hand.  His cheeks turned tomato-red, but before he could let go and apologize, they appeared in the kitchen.

“Whoa, it worked,” she gaped.

“Okay, good because I’m starving!” Baekhyun whined.

“Big baby,” she teased and punched his shoulder.

“Ow!” he yelped.  “Chanyeolie!”  He ran to the taller on the couch.

Arwen smiled.  For the first time, she felt like she loved someone.  Someone who loved her just as much in return.

--

“Hey, Arwen,” Luhan called.

“Hey,” she smiled.

“Let’s go for a walk,” he said.

“Uh, okay,” she shrugged and followed him outside into the garden.

The sun’s rays shone brightly.  The flowers around them stretched over each other to taste the warm light.  As they walked, Arwen used her fingers to shower the dirt with water.  Luhan watched in fascination as she proceeded to the tall tree of cherry blossoms.  She smiled just as bright as the sun.

“It’s so lovely here,” she beamed.

“Mmm,” he nodded.

All of a sudden, a wolf pounced out of the bush and into Luhan’s petite frame.  The poor boy yelped and tumbled down the hill with the wolf scratching at his perfect skin.  Arwen jumped up and flew after them.

They finally reached the bottom of the hill, and the wolf landed on top of Luhan.  It snarled nastily in his face, which caused Luhan to cringe with disgust.  The wolf transformed into a human.  Jae.  He pinned Luhan’s arms above his head and his feet with his.

“Jae,” the poor boy’s eyes displayed fear.

“Hey there, pretty boy,” Jae creepily smiled.

“Stop right there!” Arwen shouted as she flew into Jae.  They tumbled until they rammed into a tree.  Arwen pinned him against the trunk and snapped her fingers.  Her hand lit up with flames.

“Okay, look here, girl,” he smirked.  “I know you love me, but, sorry, I like Luhan.”

She punched his prominent jaw with her flaming fist.  “I wouldn’t want to fall in love with a monster like you,” she spat.

Jae chuckled.  “Me?  A monster?  You’re the real monster.”

“Shut it,” she snarled.

“Arwen!” a series of voices shouted.  She looked to see EXO proceeding down the hill.  Sehun hurriedly helped Luhan up.

She felt a sharp pain in her right leg.  She looked down to see Jae’s hand pushing a small dagger into it.  She screamed as she felt the blade cutting into her flesh.  With all her strength, she slammed his head into the tree and punched his nose.  A loud snap exploded into the air, and Jae fell to the ground holding his newly broken nose.

“Huh,” he chuckled again.  “You’re strong.”

“You’re welcome,” she smirked. 

“Ugh,” he spat out blood, transformed back into a wolf, and disappeared.

She sighed with relief and leaned against the tree trunk.  She looked down to see the dagger deep in her skin.  With shaking hands, she pulled it out and threw it to the side with disgust.

“Arwen!  Are you okay?” Baekhyun came running up behind her.

She replied by falling, unconscious, into his arms.  He looked in horror at her bleeding leg.

“Kris!  Guys!” he shouted in panic as he lifted her up into his arms and ran up the hill.