Guilt

Dark Side of the Moon

Tao walked through the dark forest.  He breathed in the cool, misty air as his shoes crunched the fallen leaves.  He reached a small tree and saw it covered with blood. 

All of a sudden, he heard a voice cry out for help.  He journeyed out of the maze of trees to the edge of the dirt path to see Arwen kneeling next to a near-dead Baekhyun. 

"Someone!  Please!" she cried.  The girl looked down at her boy's body and shed a waterfall of tears on his handsome face.  "No, Baekhyun, no!"

Tao winced at the sound of her pain.  He then saw Jae step out on the path in his wolf form, facing the couple. 

"Any last words?" he smirked.

"You're dead, Jae!" Tao shouted as he exploded from his hiding place.

"Get away!" Tao yelled as he sat up in his bed.  His eyes squinted in the bright sunlight shining through his blinds.  He rubbed his tired eyes.  "What an awful dream," he thought.

--

Tao came down the stairs and saw Baekhyun feeding Arwen a juicy, red strawberry.  She smiled and munched on it thoughtfully.  Her laughing eyes faced Tao, and darkened.  Without warning, she got up and ran outside.  Confused, Baekhyun turned around to see Tao standing at the foot of the stairs. Tao snorted and stalked into the kitchen.

"Hm, what happened?" Baekhyun wondered and ran outside after Arwen.

--

Luhan could feel a darkened spirit walk into the room.  He turned his head to see Tao carefully biting into a green apple.  The boy's lips puckered at the taste of the sour fruit.  Luhan smiled and handed him a shiny red one.

"Here, this one's sweeter," he suggested.

Tao looked up and glared.  "I'm fine."

Luhan stepped back.  "Oh, okay..."

Tao sighed and sulked outside.  The cool air greeted him, nibbling his skin.  He shivered.

"Why is he so annoyed at me all of a sudden?" he heard Arwen's voice from around the corner.  He hid behind a bush as her and Baekhyun came into view.

"Tao's a bit insecure, but he's usually pretty cheery," Baekhyun explained.  "I don't know what's gotten into him."

"You're taking my girl, gosh darn it!" Tao wanted to yell, but he bit his tongue.

"Is it me?" she asked.  "I mean, I'm used to being hated on and stuff...I was always the freak."

The words rang in Tao's mind.  He never meant for her to think of it that way.  It was his decision that was bothering him, not her.  He resisted the urge to run out and throw his arms around her.

"Don't say that," Tao saw Baekhyun touch her cheek lightly.  "I don't think that's why."

Tao silently thanked Baekhyun.

"I don't know, Baek," she sniffed.  "It almost seems like he hates me..."

Baekhyun shook his head.  "Don't say things like that Arwen.  We all like you."

She reluctantly nodded her head and kept silent.  Tao suddenly felt a pain of guilt in his heart.  Her harsh words echoed in his mind as he turned around and walked the opposite way.

 

************

Thank you, everyone, for your support!!  

 

Hehehehehe since it's spring break for me, I'll update a lot  :)

Please anticipate!