Jealousy

Dark Side of the Moon

A tear slipped down Arwen’s cheek.  Baekhyun looked at her with concern.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s just that…I never actually had friends until now,” she smiled as more tears came streaming down.  “I would always be left out.  Forgotten.  Hated.  I never had someone care about me and who I was besides my mom.”

Baekhyun didn’t know what to say.  “Arwen, you’re special.  People only hated you because of how jealous they were.”

“What is there to be jealous of?”

“You.”

She stood there in silence.

“Wah, it’s cold!” Baekhyun shivered.  “Let’s go back.”

Arwen threw her arms around his shoulders and gently warmed him with her power of heat.  She pulled back to see him smiling as bright as the sunshine.

--

Arwen and Baekhyun walked happily through the door.  Their expressions darkened as they faced eleven other pairs of eyes, depressed and weary. 

“Is…is something wrong?” Arwen tentatively asked.

The boys’ lost expressions immediately changed.  “Huh?  No…”

She side glanced at Tao.  His head still appeared to be up in the clouds somewhere.  “Okay.”

“Hunnie!” Luhan squealed with delight as he jumped off the couch and landed in Sehun’s arms.

Sehun smiled widely and kissed his cute nose.  “I love you.”

“I love you, too!” Luhan cheered.

--

“Goodnight, love,” Luhan softly called to Sehun.  Sehun smiled and kissed his soft lips, sending endless shivers down his spine.

“Goodnight.” Sehun smiled again and went into his room.

Luhan sighed happily.  Sehun was super dreamy.  He turned to his room when suddenly, Kris popped out of nowhere. 

“Oh, hey, Kris,” Luhan gasped.

“Hey…” Kris stared at the boy from head to toe, making him incredibly uncomfortable. 

Just as the boy was going to call to Sehun for help, Kris latched his lips onto his.  Kris felt like his heart was exploding with feelings, both good and bad.  To his surprise, Luhan actually kissed him back.  Luhan's heart was welling with worry and adoration.

Finally, Kris pulled back.  Luhan looked awkwardly at the ground.  "Uh..."

"I l-love you, Luhan," Kris stuttered.

Luhan's eyes widened.  "Don't be ridiculous, Kris.  You should get some rest.  I think you're tired-"

Kris put his hands on the petite boy's shoulders.  "No, I know what I'm doing.  I know it's stupid, but it's me."  He kissed Luhan's cheek and whispered in his ear, "I love you."

Luhan shook with shock.  "Uh- I-I'm just gonna- I'm gonna go to bed."

Kris smiled and ruffled his hair.  "Goodnight then."  He happily walked off, leaving Luhan confused at the door.

Little did they know that maknae Sehun watched.  The entire thing.

--

Arwen sat alone on a bench surrounded by roses.  She sighed.  These flowers had no particular future like her.  They didn't have a pressuring destiny like her.  They didn't have to choose right from wrong.  They just sat there, becoming more beautiful by the second.  Her heart throbbed with jealousy.

"Ahem."  She turned to see Tao standing next to her, clearing his throat awkwardly.

She turned away with tears of hurt welling up in her eyes.  "What do you want?"  She tried to sound strong.

He sat down next to her.  "I just wanted to say-"

"That you hate me?  Well, it's about time!" she snapped.

"Just listen to me!" he yelled.  After a moment, he sighed.  "Arwen, I've been going through an internal conflict.  I wanted to say that it was unfair that you were getting the brunt of my anger.  I'm sorry."

She faced him with teary eyes.  "You..."

He leaned over and pressed his lips gently onto hers.  Her eyes widened with shock.  Tao's eyes were closed, enjoying every moment of it.  She tried to push him away, but his hands pinned them to the bench. 

He slowly pulled away.  Arwen sat there in silence, and then wiped her lips with disgust and smacked her hand across his face.  He sat there thoughtfully holding his reddening cheek.

"Tao..."

"Arwen, I love you."

"Tao, don't ever do that again."

"But, how?" he asked innocently.  "I can barely contain myself!"

"Deal with it."  She got up, flipping her hair in the process, and walked away.

--

Baekhyun watched in horror from his bedroom window as Tao kissed Arwen.  Her struggles made him frustrated.  He nearly pulled his perfect hair out with anger.

He stomped out of his room and into Sehun's.  "He'll understand," he thought.

"Get out, Baekhyun," he slurred his words sleepily.  "I need my beauty sleep."

"Yeah, sure," Baekhyun snorted.  "Shut up."

"Bully!" Sehun shouted as he sat up in his bed.

"Anyways," Baekhyun sighed.  "I'm having trouble..."

"Hm, lemme guess," the young boy tapped his chin.  "Arwen and Tao?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened.  "How do you know?"

Sehun smacked his head.  "Duh!  It's obvious!"

Tears streamed down Baekhyun's soft cheeks.  "It's...it's...it's not fair!"

"Life," Sehun sighed.  "Luhan..."

"Did something happen?" Baekhyun looked at him.  "You seem bothered by something."

Sehun spoke hesitantly.  "Well...let's just say...Kris is on my radar."

Baekhyun's eyes widened.  "They-?"

"Kris kissed Luhan!  They didn't see me, but...argh, it's not fair!" Sehun sobbed.  "Who is he to think he can just barge in on a relationship.  Luhan and I loved each other!  We were the real thing!  And THEY kissed!  Lips, tongue, and all!"

Baekhyun pat his friend's back with encouragement.  "Wow, it looks like we're both, uh, jealous."

"I'm not!  I'm FURIOUS!" Sehun yelled.

Luhan appeared at the door.  He rubbed his eyes sleepily.  "Everything okay, Hunnie?"

Sehun froze.  "Uh, yeah..."

"Okay," the boy turned and left.

A shaky sigh pierced through the air.  "He doesn't even know...it makes me wonder... what he really thought of me."

"He lives and breathes for you!" Baekhyun shouted.  He shook the boy's shoulders.  "Don't lose hope!  Fighting!"