Healing

Dark Side of the Moon

"She hates me now," Baekhyun concluded as he helped Chen set Tao on the couch. 

"She just needs time," Chen reassured him.  "Don't worry."

At that moment, Arwen came in with Kris.  Baekhyun's eyes shifted from her to him and back to her.  She scoffed and shoved his shoulder.

"Jeez, stop thinking dirty thoughts, Baekhyun," she said.  "He was helping me."

Baekhyun blinked rapidly.  "I wasn't thinking..."

She side glanced at him.  "Sure you were."  With a huff, she turned and walked down into her room and slammed the door.

Baekhyun sighed and face palmed himself and walked out with Chen.

"Ugh, what happened," Tao rubbed his eyes and sat up.  "Ah."  He gingerly touched his legs.  His eyes filled with panic.  "I can't feel them."

Kris' eyebrows raised slightly.  "What?"

Tao looked up into the alpha's eyes.  "They're numb."

"What did he do?  What happened?" Kris inquired.

Tao flinched.  "You'll wanna kill me."

"What makes you think that?"

"I like Arwen.  A lot."

"So..."

"So...I asked...your brother...for help."

"Why would you want to ask my brother for help?" Kris laughed.  "He hasn't been able to find love himself, yet alone deal with it!"

"I don't know what I was thinking," he rubbed his legs.  He paused, waiting for his response.  He looked at Kris.  "You aren't going to...kill me?  Send me out of the pack?"

"Why would I do that?" Kris asked.

"Isn't it...a condition?"

"It is," Kris said.  Tao gulped.  “But you were pretty delusional.”

Tao scowled. 

“Hm,” Kris tapped his chin.  “So, does he trust you?”

“I’m not really sure,” Tao admitted.  “He thinks I’m desperate.”

“By the looks of it, he kind of trusts you,” Kris observed.  “That can help us.”

Tao remained silent.  “Are you saying that I would need to play on different sides?”

“Somewhat.”

Tao’s eyes widened.  “I…I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“I screwed everything up.”

“Don’t you always?”

“Shut up.”

--

Arwen angrily turned the page of her book, giving her a somewhat deep paper cut.  She sighed as she squeezed her finger and closed her eyes in concentration to heal it.  Her eyes opened tiredly to see the cut still bleeding.  She sighed and opened her bedroom door.  She gasped as she saw Baekhyun sitting next to her door, his head leaning up.  His perfectly shaped, smiling eyes were closed.  His mouth hung slightly open, letting out soft snores.  She smiled as she walked by to the restroom.

“Did you hurt yourself?” Arwen jumped at the sound of a voice in her ear as she reached for a bandage.  She looked up in the mirror to see Tao leaning over her shoulder.  “Can’t you just heal yourself?”

“No, I’m tired,” she rolled her eyes.  “Go away.”

“Let me help.”

“I don’t need-,“ she protested.

Tao took her finger and wiped it with a clean cloth.  He then took the bandage she was holding and placed it carefully.  His rough hands shook as he wrapped it around the wound. 

He sighed softly and looked into her blue eyes.  “It’s the least I can do.”

--

“Hey,” Arwen shook Baekhyun’s shoulders.  “Wake up.”

Baekhyun moaned sleepily.  “No.”

She smirked.  “I’m gonna call Chen.”

He smiled and pulled her small body into his arms.  With his eyes closed, he laid his lips onto hers, preventing the words from escaping .  Her eyes widened but soon closed as the intensity of the kiss grew.  She breathed in his all-too-familiar, chocolatey scent, making her insides shudder with delight.

He pulled away.  “Don’t.”

She smiled and kissed his nose.  “Why would I?” 

She slowly tried to get up, but his arms wouldn’t budge.  “Don’t go,” he whispered.  “I’m sorry.”

Her eyes looked suspiciously into his.  His soft brown eyes displayed huge waves of remorse, making the guilt in her heart grow like a weed. 

“It’s okay.”