What is Love

Dark Side of the Moon

Baekhyun slowly pulled away.  "Oh, uh..."

Arwen looked longingly into his eyes.  She yanked his collar and pulled him to her lips. 

Meanwhile, Luhan called the rest of EXO.  They gathered like a herd of sheep at the top of the hill.  The boys all gaped with awe at the sight.  All except for Tao.  His heart felt like it was being mashed and stepped on.  He watched in pain as Baekhyun took her in his arms and carried her up the hill.

Despite all her pain, Arwen smiled widely.  "I love you," she whispered in Baekhyun's ear.

"I love you, too," he nuzzled his head in her hair.

Tao stepped back as they finally came to the top.  "Arwen," he breathed, a tear slipping down his cheek.  He quickly wiped it and ran back down the path towards the house. 

"Zitao," a voice whispered from the shadows.

The wolf-boy spun around to see a dark figure.  "Who are you?  What do u want?"

"What's troubling you?" the voice asked. 

"Why should I tell you?" he challenged.  "No one would understand."

"I would, Zitao," the voice said. 

Tao sighed.  "First of all, don't call me 'Zitao'," he corrected.  He paused before saying, "I'm lovesick."

"Really," the voice questioned.  "How so?"

Tao's voice rose with suspicion.  "Arwen.  Baekhyun likes her.  She likes Baekhyun.  They fit perfectly."

"I'll help you," the figure stepped out of the shadows.  It was Jae.

Tao growled with warning.  "Get away, Jae."

"Honestly, Tao, you need my help."

"What if I do?" he deadpanned.  "I would never trust you."

Jae sighed.  "Come on, Tao.  Stop acting."

Silence.

"I know their weaknesses.  You don't," Jae pointed out.  "Get the girl you love.  Live with her forever."

"Okay, this entire thing is cheesy," Tao said.  "Why am I even talking to you?"

"Jeez, Tao, you're so desperate," Jae rolled his eyes.  "I want to help you."

"Really," Tao raised his eyebrows. 

Jae nodded and held put his hand.  "Join me, and I will help you."

Thoughts raced through Tao's mind.  He was trained his entire life against this boy.  The things he learned, the things he felt, they were all against what this evil boy sought out to do.  It was true; he desperately wanted her and only her, but he didn't really trust him at all. 

Tao hesitantly and reluctantly shook Jae's outstretched hand.  Before letting go, he squeezed his hand.  "If you're lying, you're dead."

Jae chuckled and snatched his hand away.  "Why would I do such a thing?"

"Because you're Jae."

--

Arwen looked up to see Tao coming through the door with an impending look on his face.  “Tao, are you okay?”

He looked in her eyes for a moment and then turned away abruptly.  Leaving Arwen confused, he stalked up the stairs and into his room.  Arwen sighed as she heard his bedroom door slam loudly.  “Did I do something?” she thought.

--

Kris looked up from his book at the sound of the door slamming next to him.  He went out into the hall and looked next door to see Tao’s bedroom door closed.  He carefully set his book down on the table and quietly walked over to his door.  After about two knocks, he got an annoyed reply.

“What do you want?” Tao shouted.

Kris jumped back, confused by his actions.  Tao was usually very bright, happy, and willing.  “Someone must have really pushed him over the edge today,” he thought.

The door opened to reveal a distraught-looking Tao.  The boy’s dark circles looked even more apparent, his eyes piercing.  “What do you want?” Tao looked close to tears.

Kris shoved his way past the boy and flew onto his comfy bed.  “What’s the matter?”

“Get out, Kris,” Tao growled.

“Hey, I’m the older one here!” Kris retorted.  “Really now, what’s wrong?”

Tao sniffed, “As if you’d care.”

“I care!”

“Sure.”

“What’s gotten into you?”

“Love, darn it!”

“Love…?” Kris looked down, confused.  His eyes widened.  “Arwen?”

Tao looked away guiltily.

“You…like…er, love…Arwen?” Kris pieced together.

Tao nodded, still looking away.  “It’s complicated.”

“How complicated can it get?” Kris snorted.

Tao looked at him with teary eyes.  “You’d never understand.”

Kris raised an eyebrow.  “Try me.”

Tao sighed heavily.  “I…well…Baekhyun and Arwen…like, love each other…a lot…and…I love Arwen…and…it’s a triangle.”

Kris burst into laughter.  “This is the most stupid thing I have heard all day!”

“Like I said, you would never understand.”

“No, it’s not that,” Kris shook his head.  “It’s just…I thought you wouldn’t be able to get over…that village girl.  Hm, what was her name again?  Emma?”

Tao turned red.  “What?  I don’t even know what you’re talking about.”

“Sure you do.  You talked about her in your sleep for about a year!”

“Really?  Uh…”

Kris winked.  “Don’t worry, pal.  Your secret is safe with me.”

Tao punched his arm.  “Liar.”

“It’s the truth!” Kris held his arms up innocently.

“Arwen reminds me of her.  A lot,” he looked out the window at the stars.  “When she died, I thought I couldn’t-“

“Okay, let’s not get sentimental over here,” Kris interrupted.  “Honestly, Tao, is this really troubling you?”

“Yeah,” he nodded.

“I see.”

“Yup.”

“Do you hate Baekhyun?”

“No, it’s not about that…it’s just…never mind.”

“What,” Kris narrowed his eyes.

“Nothing!” Tao exclaimed.

“Okay,” Kris said as he got off his bed and walked to the door.  “Let me know if you need me.”

“Thanks, Kris.”