Prologue

Dark Side of the Moon

The snowy white wolf growled at the dark shadow that covered the ground.  The shadow grew and grew until finally it revealed a large, muscular, black wolf with red, glaring eyes.  The black wolf roared and pounced towards the white.  The white, significantly smaller than the black, skillfully flipped out of the way.  The black wolf crashed clumsily into the stone wall.  It growled and spat in the direction of the white.

"Where is the child, Baekhyun?" he snarled.

"Away from you," Baekhyun replied calmly.  

The black wolf's lips pulled back and revealed sharp, yellowed teeth.  "Fool, you'll die for this."

The white wolf smirked and pounced towards the black.  The black wolf was caught off-guard and yelped as Baekhyun's wolf claws ripped down its side.  It struggled desperately under his grip. 

"Stay away," he breathed in the black's ear. 

"Never," the black's ear twitched.  "Where is the child?"

"No need to know," Baekhyun shook his head.  "You'll die anyways."

"We'll see, pup," the black growled and threw the younger white into the wall. 

"Ahh," Baekhyun groaned and transformed into his human form.  The black smirked and did the same.  He grabbed Baekhyun's collar and pinned him against the wall.  Baekhyun's legs were dangling helplessly as his hands tried to pry the black's claw-like hands from his neck.

"I'll ask you again before I rip your throat out," the black snarled.  "Tell me where the child is!"

"You'll never find her," he smiled teasingly. 

The black threw the white to the ground and transformed back into a wolf.  He ran out of the warehouse and towards the forest.  Around a campfire, wolves were gathered and surrounded a small bundle.  The black wolf snarled, causing the wolves to look up and snarl back. 

"What are you doing here, Jae?" a grey wolf stepped forward.  "Get away."

"Or what, Kris," Jae snarled.  "Give me the child."

"You twisted being!" Kris snarled and chased him off.

"It isn't safe for her here, Kris," a dark-grey wolf said when Kris returned.  His eyes widened.  "Where's Baekhyun?"

"Suho, Sehun, go find him," Kris ordered.  Two wolves nodded and dashed to the warehouse.  He turned back to the dark-grey wolf.  "You're right, Tao.  We need to get her out of here."

“But where could we send her?” Tao asked as Kris transformed into his human form.

Kris took a deep breath.  "The only option is...the human world."

"No!" the rest of the wolves howled.  "It's too dangerous!"

"Not only that, but she'll be different, Kris.  An outcast," Tao added.  "You can't..."

"The entire destiny of our planet and future is lying in my hands, Tao.  This is the only option," Kris shook his head.  "I'm sorry."

Tao transformed walked to the small bundle and took it in his arms.  He lifted the blanket to see a peaceful face of the baby girl sleeping.  With slightly teary eyes, he gently kissed her forehead and handed her to Kris.

"Okay," Kris took her into his arms.  “Kai, can you teleport us there?” 

A light brown wolf nodded and transformed into his human form.  He put his hand on Kris’ shoulder and closed his eyes.  In a matter of seconds, they were in the middle of a bustling sidewalk. 

Kris looked over to his right to see a conservative-looking lady walking out of a building with a saddened expression on her face.  Something about her aura was…different, very kind and loving for a human. 

“Excuse me,” Kris cleared his throat. 

She looked over.  “Y-yes?”

Kris looked awkwardly from the baby to her.  “Can you take care of her?  We’ll be back in a short time.”

She blinked.  “I- uh- okay?”

Kris nodded.  “Thank you for understanding.”

“Uh, you’re welcome?” she said as she took the child from her hands.  She looked up to see Kris and Kai gone.

"When will she get to come back?" Tao asked curiously as Kris and Kai appeared again.

"When we need her," Kris replied simply.