Scare

Dark Side of the Moon

Arwen started panting crazily.  She felt this weird pain in her gut and doubled over.  Her hand traveled to her heart, which was beating rapidly.  She gasped for air and reached out to Baekhyun next to her.  “Baek…”

“Arwen!” he cried.  “Kris, what’s happening?”

“She’s not used to the environment like we are,” Kris replied calmly.  “Arwen, relax.  If you panic, it’ll get worse.”

Arwen went limp with exhaustion in Baekhyun’s lap.  Her breaths were heavy and shallow, her eyes filled with fear.  “Can’t…breathe…”

“We need to get her inside,” Tao picked her up and started running towards a stone castle.

“Tao…” she was losing consciousness. 

“Hold on, Arwen, we’re almost there,” he said.

She tried her best, but her vision grew black.

--

Arwen opened her eyes and found her lying in a large, fluffy bed.  “That was a weird dream,” she thought.  She sat up and looked around.  “Where am I?”

“Oh, you’re awake!” She looked over to see Chen smiling happily.  “How are you feeling?”

“I feel horrible.  Almost like someone punched me,” she paused.  “But besides that, I’m okay.”

“That’s good,” he commented.  “You’ll get used to it soon enough.”

Arwen smiled and nodded.  “Hopefully.”

“Are you hungry?”

Her eyes filled with sudden desire.  “Starving!”

She tried to walk, but she ended up nearly toppling over.  Chen rushed forward and caught her. 

“Patience, little one,” he lectured teasingly. 

He swung her arm over his shoulder and helped her walk down the hall and down the stairs to the hall.  The door was propped open, revealing the rest of the boys sitting around a long table. 

Sehun looked up.  “Guys, she’s awake!”

The boys’ heads popped up.  “Arwen!”

Baekhyun got up and pulled a chair from the wall to the table for her.  “How are you feeling?”

“Okay,” she shrugged.

Tao, sitting next to her, sighed with relief.  “You gave me a real scare.”

“Sorry,” she hugged him.  “Thanks.”

He smiled and hugged her back.

--

“You’re saying I have powers?” Arwen raised her eyebrows.

“You may have powers,” Kris corrected her.  “We all have specialties, like, I can fly.”

“I’ve got the power of light,” Baekhyun said.  “Tao has time, Sehun has wind, Chen has lightning, Luhan has telekinesis, Xiumin has frost, Lay has healing, Suho has water, Chanyeol has fire, D.O. has strength, and Kai has teleportation.”

“Ooh,” Arwen cooed with amazement.  “What would I have?”

“That’s the question: we don’t know,” Kris shrugged.

Arwen nodded silently.  "So who exactly is our enemy?"

Kris sighed dramatically.  "It's Jae, my brother.  He, well, was part of the prophecy too.  You're supposed to kill him."

"Your…brother?" her eyes widened.  "Are you...okay...with..."

"I'm fine," he said abruptly.  "He was always evil and twisted.  I don't mind."

"Oh," she was taken aback by his hostility.  "I didn't expect...oh..."

"Kris never liked his brother anyway,” Baekhyun stepped in.

“That’s not true,” Kris snapped.  “I loved my brother.  It wasn’t meant to be…”

“I’m sorry,” Arwen bowed her head.

“What are you sorry for?  You did nothing wrong,” Kris gave her a weird look.

“It’s just…in my time on Earth, I had an older brother, and…he died,” she shuddered.  “I know how you feel.”

Tao gasped as he walked in.  “You never told me that!”

“Was I supposed to?” she raised her eyebrows. 

“Er- no,” he regained his cool.  “I was just - er - shocked.”

“Hmm, right,” she smirked.  “Anyways, I was really close with him.  He saved me every time I was in trouble.  He was a cold person, but he was really loving to me in his own way.”

“What was his name?” Kris inquired.

“Min Joon.”

“Hm,” Kris sat back in his chair with a look of thought written on his face. 

Suddenly, the lamp started to crash down.  Arwen braced herself and screamed.  She looked around and saw that everything froze in mid-motion.  Even Baekhyun and Kris were frozen in mid-yell.  She giggled a little.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, and looked up to see Tao standing over her.  “Did you do that, because, uh, I didn’t.”

“I guess,” she shrugged.  “Wait, don’t you have the power of time?”

“Yeah, I do,” he nodded.  He looked at the lamp.  “Well, this isn’t good.”

“Yup,” she agreed. 

She stretched her hand out and had time resume again.  The lamp started to fall, and the boys’ yells were heard.  She closed her eyes, and opened them again.  Lo and behold, the lamp stayed floating in the air.

“What the-,” Kris gasped.

“She has the power of time too,” Tao explained.

The rest of EXO came barging into the room. 

“Is everything okay?” Luhan asked with a concerned look.  His expression portrayed confusion as he saw the lamp floating in the air.  “Okay, what happened?”

“She has powers,” Kris explained bluntly.  “Time and telekinesis so far.”

Luhan turned to Arwen.  “You can let go, I got it.”

Arwen nodded and felt a surge of relief.  Luhan then put it back into its rightful place.

“This is weird,” she whispered.

“Yeah.  Very,” Baekhyun agreed.

“Should we test her?” Luhan wondered.

“Yeah,” Kris nodded and turned to Arwen.  “Uh, try to fly.”

“Uh,” she widened her eyes and concentrated, thinking about thoughts of sailing through the fluffy clouds on a summer day.  Soon enough, she was lifted into the air.  “Whoa, I’m actually doing it!”

“Yeah,” Kris smiled. 

They went on for the next hour training her and perfecting her new skills.  Every single power EXO had was hers as well.  She caught on quickly, making the job easier for the boys.  Soon, she could actually put up a good mock fight against them. 

“I think that’s enough for today,” Kris panted.  He walked over and pat Arwen’s petite shoulder.  “You did well today.”

Arwen could do nothing but smile.