Couple Love

Dark Side of the Moon

Luhan peeked around the doorway into Sehun's room.  The young maknae lay sleeping peacefully on his bed.  He smiled and started to tip-toe in when he felt a slightly chilled breath on his neck.  He nearly screamed, but it was only Arwen.

"Whatcha doing?" she asked innocently.

"Uh- I- oh- well, you see-," he stuttered uncomfortably. 

She stared at him with wonder in her eyes.  "Hm?"

"Well, I sort of...look out for him," he said quickly.  "I mean, he's the youngest and all..."

"Right," she kept staring. 

Luhan's face turned cherry red with embarrassment.  "I really, really like him," he slurred his words quickly.

"Oh," she turned a slight shade of pink.  "Well this is awkward," she thought.  "I was expecting something totally different."

Her mind flashed back to when she first met them, and everything started to make sense.  Sehun was with Luhan nearly every single second she saw them, she just didn't know why.  Her head snapped with realization.

"Yeah," Luhan rubbed the back of his neck. 

"That's great," she chimed happily.  "I totally ship you guys!"

"'Ship'?" he cocked his head.

"You know," she started.  "Like when a person like me gives her support when she sees a couple that looks good like you and Sehun."

"Oh," he nodded.  "You like us together?"

"Yeah," she nodded vigorously.  "It's cute."

Luhan blushed at the thought.  "Thanks, Arwen."

She smiled and skipped happily down the hall.  Luhan sighed as he crept in and watched his lovely Sehun sleep into the night.  He kept fighting the want to snaffle him up in a giant bear hug.  In the end, he lost, and Sehun smiled as his Luhan embraced him.

--

Arwen skipped out into the garden.  She stopped and sat down at a bench where she took in the magnificent smells and sounds of the night flowers.  A small vine of morning glories grew and intertwined itself with her soft brown hair.  She giggled and smiled as rose petals blew in the night breeze and tickled her cheeks. 

Everything froze at the sound of a soft growl from the bushes.  Arwen turned her head to see a pair of red, beady eyes staring at her.  A devilish chuckle greeted her ears.  To her surprise, she glared fiercely and stood, ready to fight. 

The creature stepped out; it was a muscular black wolf.  He snickered at her bravery against him. 

"Allow me to introduce myself," the wolf started.  "I'm-"

"You're Jae," she confirmed.  "Aren't you?"

The wolf spat at the ground.  "It's rude to interrupt."

"Oops, sorry," she apologized mockingly. 

Jae snarled and pounced towards her.  Remembering her training, she swiped her hand in front of her face, causing him to fly off to the side.  Before he could react to his fall, she froze him into the grass.  He roared and struggled.  She tried her best to keep him concealed, but the challenge was growing. 

The ice cracked and shattered.  Arwen yelped and collapsed on her knees.  Jae shook the remains off his sleek, black fur.  He slyly stalked over and whispered in her ear.

"You put up a good fight, girly," he breathed freakishly.  "I'll let you live this time.  I wanna have fun letting you suffer."

She shuddered at the thought.  Jae turned and trotted towards the bushes. 

"Until then," he nodded briefly before re-entering the dark depths of the forest.

Her mind flooded with thoughts.  She could've died, and the boys would never have known.  She would have let the prophecy down.  She would've failed the entire world.  The future.  The boys.

She felt a trickle of blood drip down to her lips.  Her fingers traveled to her nose, and sure enough, it was bleeding.  "Darn it," she quickly covered her nose and mouth and rushed into the castle.

--

"Arwen!" Tao exclaimed as the poor girl came running up the stairs with blood everywhere.  "What happened?"

She gazed into his worried eyes.  "J-Jae."

Tao immediately knew what she meant.  Without hesitation, he started down the stairs when she used her telekinesis ability to make him fly back up.  She put her free hand on his chest.

"Don't go," she pleaded.  "Please."

He took a deep breath and held her hand.  "Okay."

She looked at him with extreme thanks.  Then she realized she still had to take care of her nose, so she dashed into the bathroom where Luhan was at the mirror admiring his perfectly clean face.

"Luhan, can you-"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" he screamed and pointed.  "It's a monster!  Hunnie help me!"

She quickly wiped the blood on her face with a towel.  "Luhan, shut up!  It's only me!"

Realization swept over his face.  "Oh, whoops.  Sorry, Arwen."

"What happened?" Sehun's sleepy face poked from around the doorway. 

"Nothing, everything's fine," Luhan calmly said as he reached for the maknae's hand.  "Let's go."

Arwen chuckled to herself as the cute couple walked away.  "They're so cute!" she thought excitedly.

--

After Arwen washed up and changed, she proceeded outside to her little balcony.  She sighed as she gazed at the stars twinkling in the sky.  They had the ability to shine no matter what darkness fell upon them, and she envied them greatly.  She wanted to be free of this unfair destiny.  She wanted to be free to do what she wanted.  She wasn't ready to take the challenge of ruling this new world upon herself. 

"Arwen?" a voice interrupted her thoughts. 

She turned to see that it was Baekhyun.  "Hey."

He walked up and put his hand on hers, on the railing.  "I heard about you and...Jae."

She looked down.  "Yeah..."

"Are you okay?" he looked at her. 

She nodded with a fake smile.  "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Hm, sure," he saw past her lie.  "What happened?"

"I-," she blinked.  "I fought him.  He said...I put up a pretty good fight, and...he let me live…because he wants to see me suffer."

"That little..." he trailed off angrily.  "I'm gonna..."

"What can you do, Baekhyun?" she looked at him.

"I can do a lot of things," he stared into her eyes. 

She looked deeper into his lost expression.  After a couple seconds, she looked away, flustered.  Baekhyun's slender fingers turned her chin back towards him.  He slowly leaned forward and kissed her lips gently.

"Like that," he smiled.

"Hey," she slapped his arm.  "What the-?"

"I love you, Arwen," he looked to the stars.  "I'm willing to protect you until the end of my days.  Ever since I saw you as a cute infant, I had this want to protect you.  We all had."

She blushed slightly and smiled.  "Baekhyun?"

"Hm?"

"I love you, too."