Chapter 14

Unknown Number

     Another weeks passed. Seems that you forgot everything. But no. You definitely not. You're still longing for him. Guilt washed over you. It looks like you rejected him but he keeps on catching you and there you are. Running away without any idea that your bestfriend really likes you more than that level. You never forget to send him text messages even though he's not going to reply even a single dot. You always leave a voice message for him. When you wake up, before you eat, heading to work, done with it and going to bed. You only wish that he listens to it. And right. You're slowly making him your diary. Everything was cut off when his birthday strikes. The connection between to of you ended. He never send you text messages, calls you like he always do. You even try to invite him to come over. But there's no one crashing inside without pressing the doorbell. You sat down and you look at your phone when the doorbell suddenly rang. You thought it's Chanyeol, it made you rush to the door and open it. But only Baekhyun wrap his arms around you. He chuckled and he kiss your forehead. You sighed and you lightly move away from him. He ignored it and follow you to the living room and place your phone away. You look at him and he just smiled.
"C'mon. It's our time. No phones." He said and he place his phone away too. You just sat down beside him and he place the ice cream on his lap. You both start to eat while watching TV. You laugh. Yes. But you know you're slowly turning cold towards him. You sighed. It confuses you too... You're always looking for Chanyeol. Not for your boyfriend. He suddenly turn off the TV with a sigh and you look at Baekhyun.
"Oppa... Wae?" You asked and he placed the ice cream on the table and he held your hands. 
"Minhyun-ah... Do you know that our relationship percentage is decreasing?" He asked and you look away. Another guiltiness was splashed on you. He caress your hand and you gulped.
"Look at me. Look at Oppa." He said and you obeyed. You look at him and he smiled weakly. 
"We can do something about this right? We should make our relationship stronger..." He said and you nod your head. It hurts you that you might hurt another person. You don't want to hurt Baekhyun. Yet you don't want to hurt Chanyeol. But this situation right now is killing you the most. You wish you can turn back time and Chanyeol will confess to you earlier before baekhyun is back in the scene. 
"Ne..." You replied.
"I'll visit you everyday if i need to... I'll buy you everything. Court your everyday..." He said and he cup your cheeks. 
"I'll do everything." He said and he press his lips on yours. You shut your eyes. Trying to feel the butterflies inside your stomach... But there's no more feelings like before. All you can feel is a pinch in your heart. It hurts you. Baekhyun stopped when he realized that you're not responding to his kiss. He stared at you and he caress your cheeks.
"Tell oppa you're not leaving me." You said and you bit your lower lip. He shut his eyes with a sigh.
"Baekhyun... I don't want to speak forward..." You said. He opened his mouth and was about to talk when your phone rang. You remove his hands and you stood up and answer it. 
"Ne Seungjo?" You said and you place your hand on your waist and face your back to Baekhyun.
"Araseo..." You said and you end the phone call. You look at him and you walk towards him. 
"Baekhyun--" Baekhyun rested his head on your tummy and he wrap his arms around you. 
"I told you... I'm going to do everything..." He said. You bit your lower lip and you tears formed. You sighed and you place your hand on his head and caress his hair.
"I also told you that i don't want to talk forward..." You said. Bakehyun looked up to you and you sighed. 
"I don't know anymore Baekhyun..." You said. 

---

    When you head downstairs after getting ready for the meeting, Baekhyun was not there. You sighed in relief and you grab your phone and head outside. You sat down on the Chair beside Seungjo and you just listen to whatever the speaker is saying. After a long discussion. You all stood up bow to each other and left the room. You grab Seungjo's arm and he look at you.
"I'm not feeling well today... I guess you have to do it alone..." You said and he nod.
"It's okay Noona... You should take a rest too... It's been a week that you're weak. You're not in the mood." He said and you smiled.
"Komawo Seungjo-ah..." You said. You start to walk and take a cab to Chanyeol's work place. You head inside and you look for him. 
"Excuse me, where's Chanyeol?" You asked.
"Oh... The guitarist?" 
"Ne..." You replied with a smile. 
"Maybe he's at the backstage... He just finished his 2nd set." The waitress replied and you bowed and thanked her. You made your way to the backstage and you spot him sitting and tapping his phone. You wonder... It's not off but you can't call him. Did he block you? Your tears formed and try to call him again but it's not ringing. It said that it's turned off. But he's actually using it. You stepped in and his eyes landed on you. His smile fade when he saw you and he put his phone inside his pocket. 
"Why can't i call you?" You asked and he look away. 
"Chanyeol, answer me... Don't you want to talk to me?" You asked and your tears rolled down. 
"You're ignoring me for like a whole month Chanyeol! Do you think it's easy?? I look for you more than i look for Baekhyun! I even skip my work to stay at home to send you those ing voice messages! But look... Looks like you don't receive any of it." You said and Chanyeol took a deep breath and he look at you. 
"Just tell me if you don't want me... So i'm not going to hope anything from you. So won't waste time for sending those messages for you. So i won't ing try to kick Baekhyun's out of my life!" You shouted and you turn around. You waited him to stop you but he didn't. Your mouth gaped open. Vision got blurred. You stormed outside and you sat down and hug your legs. You cried even more. It slapped your face hard. The reality hit you hard. He doesn't like you anymore. You head to your house and you throw your phone away. It hit the wall and you run towards it and step on it until it break into pieces. You head to your room and crawl on your bed and cover yourself with your blanket. You cry it off. You let your tears soak your pillow. All night you think of him. If he already eat or is he sick? Or is he doing fine? And this is all what you get. Being ignored. Being pushed away. You thought he will follow you and stop you. But no. He just let you run away. Maybe he really wants it this way. 
    On the other hand... Chanyeol kept on calling you but your phone is off. You never turn off your phone. And what came up on his mind is you blocked him. He massage his temples. He relaxed his self. He was too shock to see you earlier. He didn't expect. After work. He made his way to your unit. He enter inside quietly. Lights were off. He turn it on and tried to call your name but there's no response. He sighed and he found your phone on the floor. It's broken. He shut his eyes and he clicked his tongue.
"Where are you in this kind of hour?" Chanyeol said. 

---
  
    You went to Baekhyun's place and ask him to go out with you. since you don't have a phone right now... You don't have anything to do but to go to his place and head to the park. It was cold... Cold as your heart. Colder than before. 
    You and Baekhyun were walking in a Park. Baekhyun is so happy that you actually ask him to go out with you. He thought it was a sign that you want to do something to make your relationship stronger. But no. You're not here for that. You don't call this as a date. You don't call it as a hang out. You let out a sigh and you stopped walking. Baekhyun faced you and you removed his hand on your waist. 
"Waeyo?" He asked. 
"Baekhyun..." He said. 
"Ne?" 
"If you call this a date... Don't." You said and he blink his eyes.
"Mwo?" 
"I just want to tell you something..." You said and you sighed and look down. Your tears are forming and you don't want to show it to him. What happening right now is like before when he broke up with you. You gulped and you look at him and let your tears fall. 
"Baekhyun--" he suddenly pulled you for a hug and you sobbed. 
"Don't you dare say it... Never." He said. You remove his arms gently and you look at him and you shook your head. 
"There's nothing more going to happen if we stay in this relationship..." 
"Didn't i told you that i'm going to do--"
"Let's break up." You said and you look away. Bit your inner cheek and he cup your cheek.
"Minhyun-- wae?" He asked. 
"Let's say... I'm cheating..." You said and you look at him
"...that it was just a friendship but i fell for him." You continued. Baekhyun gulped and he bit his lower lip. 
"It's funny..." He said that it made you look at him. His eyes start to get teary and you your lips.
"I think it happened before..." He chuckled. You can't believe it. Even in this situation he can crack a joke. But no. His tears rolled down and you cover your mouth to stop yourself from sobbing. He wipe his tears and he kiss your forehead.
"I don't want to let you go..." He said and he wipe your tears.
"... Yet i don't want you to suffer..." He continued and your tears rolled down again. 
"I still can remember what you told me before... 'If that's what makes you happy, okay then.'" He said and you look away. 
"And now... I guess i'm the one who's going to say that to you now..." He said and you sobbed. 
"Minhyun-ah... If that's what makes you happy, okay then..." He said with a small smile and he sniffed. He chuckled and he pat your head.
"It's the same situation as before, right?" He said and you shook your head.
"It's a different story, baek." You said.
"It's not like you, the girl likes you back... While me... He started to hate me." You said and he wipe your tears with his thumb. 
"If you're going to ask why i broke up with you, it's because--"
"I know what you want to say... Your feelings for me slowly fades because of that guy. I understand you... You don't need to explain..." Baekhyun said.
"Komawo..." You said.
"Just give me one last chance..." He said and he cup your cheeks and he press his lips on yours. You shut your eyes and he smiled. 
"Should i take you to your home?" He asked and you shook your head.
"No need to..." You said and he smiled. 
"Well... Goodbye then..." He said and you nod. He chuckled and he ruffle your hair. You groaned and he stopped it. 
"Take care..." He said and you nod. You both parted ways. Baekhyun now let his tears roll down. He kick the stones on his way. His vision got blurred because of the tears. You breathed heavily and he start to sob.
"Is this how it hurts?" Baekhyun whispered. And then.. He heard your voice.
"Baekhyun-ah!" You shouted. 
"Ne?" 
"Don't be a cold person okay? Stay like what you are!" You shouted and you wave your hands. He chuckled at you cuteness and you both continued walking.