Chapter 1

Unknown Number

     It was a tiring day in a snowy december and your heart is cold as the weather. You were sitting down on your chair in the studio while taking a break alone with your hot coffee. You let out a sigh when your co workers came back and start and your co-DJ start giving his presents. You don't pay attention to them. But instead you stood up and you look out through the window and remember the gloomy winter night. When your first love broke up with you. 3 years is no Joke. Yes you've been in a lot of relationship after that. Trying to cheer yourself up. But that event is one of your unforgettable memory. You let out a sigh and went back to your place and take a sip on your coffee. Everyone is happy unwrapping their presents. You roll your eyes and you grab your phone. But no one texted you. To ask you if you're alright, or if you're done working. Even though you're a cold person... You admit that you need someone. That you NEED someone. It's not good being in such a lonely world where only you in it. 
"Ya! Oppa! You bought a all a present... What about Minhyun?" The girl asked and you huffed. You don't know if she's 'worried' or something. Or she's insulting you for being a loner. You fold your arms and you face the laptop in front of you. 
"Aigoo... I bought her one before. But she told me she doesn't accept Christmas gift. My money was wasted..." He replied and he said the last part like a whisper.
"Ya... Jang Seungjo... Are you blaming that to me? How much was it? And did i told you i want any gift?" You said with uninterested tone and you work with your laptop, setting the playlist. 
"A-ah... Aniyo Noona! I'm not!" He said and he scratch the back of his head and you look at everyone one by one. They're afraid with your looks and they cleared their throat. 
"We're going to start... Do you mind if you all leave? We need to work..." You said and they all stood up and let out a nervous laugh.
"Y-yeah... We should leave guys!" The girl said and they all start to walk towards the door.
"Goodluck Seungjo-ah..." The last person said and you turn on everything. 
"Annyeong Haseyo Yeorobun... Han Minhyun imnida!" 
"Annyeong Haseyo Yeorobun! Jang Seungjo Imnida!" 
"Ne! It's so cold today! Wear warmer clothes and take care of our selves! Aigoo... I bet we need a hug buddy now... Ne Seungjo-ah?"
"Ne Noona! And now our song is by the one and only..."
"2NE1" you both said in unison.
"But we're not going to play the original version. But the unplugged version. Can you guess what's the song is? Hit it noona!" Seungjo said and you played the song. You rest your back on the backrest and you remove your headphone and place it down on the table. You turn off your mic same as your co dj and you let out a sigh. After the playlist ended and you cleared your throat and you turn on your mic and you both greeted the listeners. 
"Aigoo... Those songs are really nice! So... I guess this is a good night slash good morning? Yeorobun, take care!" You said.
"Keep warm and to go outside too much! This is DJ Seungjo!"
"Ne! DJ Minhyung here!" 
"Goodbye Yeorobun!" You both said and you played a song again and you turn off the mic. 
"Put the replay after that song." You said and you grab your Coat and you exit the studio. 
"Aigoo... This Noona... She-- ughhh!" 
     The cold wind touched your face and you take a deep breath and start to walk. You own a unit in a condominium nearby. So you don't need to ride a taxi or be late for work. You wander your eyes around. Some are enjoying the weather, some are not... Couples enjoys the night while you... Walking all alone. You reached the building and you enter inside and you waited for the elevator door to open. You keep on pressing the 'Up' arrow button and you let out a sigh. The door open and you enter inside and press number 10. You walk in the hallway and you stopped in front of your door and enter your passcode. You can feel your bed already. Your soft pillow and your warm blanket. You quickly remove your shoes and your coat and hang it on the couch and you head to the bedroom. You feel so tired and worn out. You lay down on your bed and you shut your eyes. The silence sounds like a serenade to you. Slowly... You fell asleep. You don't want to be alone. But you chose it. Yes, years passed and it's like a normal life to you now. But you can't deny that you envy people you  see when they're with their family or friends. But you suddenly woke up by hearing your ring tone. 
"Uggh!" 
"Yeoboseo?" You manage to use your sweet voice like you're doing during work.
    Chanyeol finally got home and he head to his bedroom. He knows everyone is asleep that time so he just go straight go the bed. But he's still not sleepy. He feels. BORED. He let out sigh and he took out his phone and calling his friend's number and the. Quickly end it. But it's still boring and it's killing him. He started to dial unknown numbers and he press the green button and make fun with the person who answer it. After some calls. He felt tired but he dialed again. He waited for someone to answer it and finally. 
"Yeoboseo?" You answered. Chanyeol froze. No one answered and you sighed. 
"Come on... I don't really have time for call pranks you know? I' tired." You said and you end the phone call and you turn your phone to silent mode. Chanyeol groaned. Why didn't he spoke? He sighed and he place his phone down and shut his eyes. 

---
  
     You woke up and you check the time. It's 2:00PM and you sighed. You quickly head to the bathroom and you take a quick shower and you dress up yourself and you face the mirror and put powder on your face. A little bit of your lipstick and eyeliner. You blow dry your hair and you sighed and grab your coat and head outside. You head to the grocery nearby and pick up some ingredients. You start to walk in the street with a bag full of groceries when a guy bump on you. You look up to him and he bow his head and you roll your eyes. 
"Ya... Watch your way." You said coldly and he bowed again.
"Mianhae..." He said and he looked at you and he smiled.
"I'm Chanyeol by the way--"
"Am i asking for your name?" You asked and you continued walking passing him. 
"Aigoo... Jinjja... What's with her mood?"
    Your reached your unit and you enter inside and place the bag on the counter top and you sighed. You start to cook and you busily chop everything and you accidentally cut your finger and you take a deep breath and exhaled loudly. You walk to the sink and you wash your hand. You bit your lower lip but your tear rolled down. It's not because it hurts. You don't feel any pain from it. You've already been through a lot of it. And that wound seems nothing. You start to sob. It's because no one cares for you. No cares if you're hurt. No one cares what you feel. You calmed yourself down and you turn off the faucet and you head to your bedroom and grab some bandage and place it around your finger.  You head back to the kitchen and you start cooking. After some minutes. You turn off the stove and you place it in a bowl and place it on your table and start to eat. Your phone vibrated and you read the message

From: Jang Seungjo

Yeorobun! We have a color coding in our christmas party later okay? 
Girls will wear Red and Boys will wear Green. Araseo? See you guys later!

     You let out a sigh and you place your phone down and you continued eating. You stood up not finishing your meal and you place your chopsticks down and you head to the sink to wash it. 
"Color coding? Tsk. Childish." You said and you turn on the faucet.

---

      You wear your black shirt and you grab your black long coat and head to work. You don't care that it's christmas party today. Besides... You really don't want to join. They're just forcing you to. You enter inside and you quickly head to the studio and sat down on your place and arrange the songs on the playlist. Seungjo arrived and look at you from head to toe. 
"Noona..." He said.
"Mmm?" You replied not even interested to whatever he is going to say.
"Didn't you received my message?" He asked and you shot him a death glare.
"It's going to be later... Right?" You asked and he nod nervously.
"Ne... Why don't you just work first before you think about that damn christmas party, yeah?" You said and he nod.
"By the way..." He sat down on his chair and you let out a sigh. "The place is moved. It's going to be in the 4th floor." He said and you just nod and wear your headphone and you checked the time.
"1minute ... Get ready." You said and he nod.
"Taadaaah! We're back! And you're now listening to POPthat!"  
"This is DJ Jang Seungjo!" 
"DJ Minhyun at your service!" You said cheerfully but your face is still poker face. Seungjo chuckled and you look at him. 
"Okay! So how are you guys? Make you sure that you're wearing clothes properly!" He said and you grab your paper and you sighed.
"Ne! Bond with your friends and have a merry merry time together!" 
    You and Seungjo made more spiels and you played a song. You turn off your mic and you groaned. Seungjo looked at you and you grab your phone and answer the phone call.
"Ya! Who are you?? Why are you keep calling me? Answer me!" You said half shouting and Seungjo's eyes widned.
"Ya... Calm down araseo?" The guy with a deep voice replied.
"Ya... You disturbed my sleep last night and now you're disturbing me again! I'm in my work okay? So can please end the phone call and don't call me again? Thank you." You said and you heard him sigh.
"Araseo... I'll call you later."
"Bwo?-- ya!!" You shouted and you look at the screen.
"That son of a ..." You whispered and Seungjo gulped. 
"No-noona... 10 secs." Seungjo said and you cleared your throat and wear your head phone. 
     Your work finally done and you put on the replay and you sighed and stood up. Seungjo looked at you and he grab your wrist. You look at him in confusion and he sighed.
"Noona. There is no way that you're not going to attend our party." He said and you sighed. 
"Kaja... Let's go together." He said and he pulled you with him. You both reached the 4th floor and you let out a sigh as the elevator door opened. Everybody cheered up as they saw you there. Well... It's their plan tho. You're not interested and you walk towards the seat beside the window and you watch the city lights glow. Everyone is having fun while you... It's #Outcasted. You can't take the noise. It makes your head ache and you stood up and head outside. Everyone stopped partying and they all look at you waiting for the elevator door to open. You quickly enter inside and press the Button. You start to walk to your condo unit and you let out a sigh and fasten your pace. You catch the elevator and you let out a sigh. You enter your passcode and you shut the door and you remove your shoes and head to your bedroom. You lay down on your bed and you yawned. 
"Aigoo... What a tiring day..." You said and you shut your eyes when your phone starts vibrating in your pocket. You quickly took it out and that 'Unknown number' appeared again.
"What?!" You said.
"I told you i'm going to call again." He said and you let out a sigh of defeat.
"What do you want?" You asked.
"I'm bored." 
"Don't you have friends?!" You asked and he chuckled.
"How about you? Don't you have friends?" He asked. Man, it hit you.
"Ya... You don't know me... So don't call me. Araseo?" 
"That's why i want to know you..." He said. 
"Tss... Jinjja... You'll never going to like me if you knew me." You said.
"Let's have a deal..." He said and you sighed.
"What deal?" 
"Let's have a talk... And if i don't really like you... I'm never going to call you again." You said and you smirked.
"Deal." You replied.