Chapter 3

Unknown Number

    The next day... It was your day off. And you have nothing to do but to talk to this mysterious guy. You don't care who he is. But he always make your mood light and you feel so worry free. You don't know why. But there's some sort of connection when you're talking to him. You feel different. 
"So... What's your plans? You don't have work right?" He asked. You know and you can feel that he wants to ask you to go out with him. But you don't have any plans of showing up to him. You let out a sigh and you think of what to answer. 
"I'm going to fix something..." 
"Ah... I see..." He said in sad tone and you sighed. 
"Ya... Remember the deal? 'You can call me after work.' No more anything else." 
"I wonder what you look like..." He said and you gulped.
"Wae? I'm not pretty." You said and he chuckle. 
"You've got--" 
"I'm not kidding..." You replied and he sighed.
"Ya... Ugly girls don't exist." 
"Tch. Then what do you call me?" You asked with a challenging tone and he laughed hard. You can't help but to smile. Yeah... Smile... The thing that you seem to forgot to do. 
"Why did you said that? Other girls saying that they're pretty... But you're saying you're not." He said.
"Because i'm different... My co-workers calls me alien when i'm nor facing them or what. Molla... I don't feel like talking to someone... I don't feel like hanging out and having party. I lost all my self-confidence. Well, it seems normal to me now. Knowing that no one wants to be friends with me. You know... If i were them... I'm not going to approach a girl like me too. I look scary, they said. They even stutter when they talk to me. Like i'm going to eat them up. Tss..."
"Well... About the self confidence... Why?" He asked.
"Well... I've been in a relationship before. It lasted 3 years... Well... It's no joke." You said and Chanyeol sighed.
"Well... You must really love that guy huh?" He asked and you nod.
"Ne..." You replied.
"Ya... You must move on you know." 
"I already did you stupid." 
"Oh yeah? Then why are you keep--"
"Because that's the only serious one." You said and he sighed.
"Tsk. Aigoo... This girl."
"Besides... It's been like 2 years ago." You said and he chuckled.
"Cheer up! There's someone for you out there. You know. Destiny." He said.
"Tch. What are you? Grade school?" You asked and he sighed.
"Ya... Those are true you know!" He said and you laughed. That laugh that you never did inside that 2 years. You suddenly stopped and realize everything. You cleared your throat and you bit your lower lip.
"Ya... Did you just laugh?" He asked with a chuckle and you huff.
"Ya... Call later again. I need to do something." You said.
"Araseo... Araseo..." He said and you end the phone call.
     You tap your cheeks and you sigh as you burry your face on your pillow. You can't understand what's going on with you. You quickly stood up and look at your messy place. You never have chance to clean up because you have work and you're lazy to clean it. You start cleaning and you let out a sigh and start humming a song. After cleaning, you decided to take a shower and cook your food. You let out a sigh and eat alone. You wonder... When will you eat again with some one i front of your or beside you. You found yourself stupid by thinking those kind of things and you placed your chopsticks down and you let out a sigh. You lost your appetite and you stood up and place it inside the fridge and you head to the living room and you turn on your TV and watch some TV shows. You can't think... You lay down on the couch and you sighed. You feel so tired of being alone and you just want to die. The doorbell suddenly rang and you fell on the floor. You wince in pain and you quickly stood up and run towards it when the bell rang again. You opened it and you let out a sigh.
"What?" You asked with your poker face and the Guy in front of you handed you a bouquet of flowers. 
"Please sign this Ma'am." He said. You look at him and snatch the ballpen on his hand and quickly sign it. You shut the door and you place it on the table and stare at it wondering who it came from. You let out a sigh and saw a pink card and you took it and unfold it. You read it.
"Hello <3" you huff and you place it down.
"Who the heck sent this?" You asked yourself and shook your head slowly and went back to the living room and watch TV shows. You grabbed your phone and you call Chanyeol. You sighed. He's not answering you. You call him for the second time and he finally answer.
"Wow... Did you just call me?"
"Do you know where i live?" You asked and he huff.
"What? Do you think i'm some sort of a stalker?" 
"Did i said anything? I'm just asking." You replied and he paused for a moment and he clear his throat.
"Not really... Why?" He asked with a serious tone.
"Some jerk sent me a bouquet of flowers." You said and he laughed.
"Jinjja?"
"Ne..."  
"Aigoo... Secret admirer huh?" Chanyeol said while laughing and you sighed.
"Secret admirer of a 'not pretty' girl??" He added and you frowned.
"Ya!" You raised your voice and he laughed harder.
"Why do you sound so offended?" He asked and you let out a sigh.
"Goodbye." You said and you end the phone call. 

---

"Annyeong Haseyo Yeorobun! Minhyun Imnida!" 
"Annyeong Haseyo! Seunjo imnida~"
"Aigoo~ it's christmas tomorrow! How fast!" Seungjo said and nod.
"Ne... It's going to be fun!" You said. Seungjo smiled knowing that your words are fake.
     Hours passed and you played the last song. You stood up and you pack your things. Seungjo looked at you and you frowned.
"Wae?"
"We have a pre-record for tomorrow..." He said and you let out a sigh and place your bag again on the chair beside you.
"Aigoo." You said and he press some buttons and signaled you to open your mic. You greeted the listeners and you both do some spiels before playing a song. You turn off your mic and you faced Seungjo.
"What's your plans for tomorrow?" You asked which made him shock. Actually... He's the only who you talk to. 
"I-i'm going to spend all my time with my family..." He said and you just nod.
"I see..." 
"How about you, Noona?" He asked and you shook your head.
"Do i look like i celebrate such things?" You asked and you cleared your throat and turn on your mic again.
"Yeorobun. Have fun this christmas and wear warmer clothes! It's really cold outside!" Seungjo said and you gulped down.
Ne! Have fun with your family and..."
"Have a merry merry Christmas!" You both said in unison and you turn off your mic again and play a christmas song. Your co-workers cam inside and greet each others. They all settle down feeling tired and you stood up and start packing your things.
"Looks like Minhyun is in a Hurry!" The boy said and you just ignore him when someone knocked on the door. Everyone looked at you, like asking you to open the door. You raise a brow and you heard someone sigh and walk towards the door. And reveal no other than...
"Byun Baekhyun..." You whispered as he smile at you while holding a bouquet of flowers. Everyone cooed and you roll your eyes and walk towards him.
"What are you doing here?" You asked with your cold voice and he frowned.
"Ya... Don't be cold... The weather is already cold--"
"I'm asking you, what are you doing here?" 
"I'm here for you!" He said with his cute smile and hand you the bouquet of flowers. Everyone cheered up and you sighed while looking at it. 
"Same one as yesterday... So you're the jerk who sent those flowers?" You asked and he nod happily. You look at him and hit his head with it. Everyone shut their mouthes and Baekhyun looked at the ground. You walk pass him without any word and he quickly turn around and grab your wrist. You pry his hands and continued walking but he caught you. You turn around this time, tears threatening to fall.
"Minhyun--"
"What? Do you want me back? Well... you." You said.
"Minhyun i'm so sorry...--"
"Wae? Did your new girl left you and you don't want to celebrate Christmas alone? Ya... Byun Baekhyun. I don't celebrate Christmas... I'm not the old Minhyun anymore. I don't even know when is my birthday." You said and his hands loosen.
"I missed you..." He said and you huff.
"Wow..." You sighed and you turn around.
"Minhyun! I really do--"
"Baekhyun. It's been two years. Two years that i'm all alone. And now i don't want anyone to come in to my life anymore. I want to be alone." You said and you fasten your pace. 
    You reached your unit and you quickly enter the passcode and Your heard Baekhyun's voice again. You quickly enter inside and shut the door. You fell on your knees and you start to sob. Why is he back again? Why is he back when you finally decided that you don't need him anymore? You can't believe this is actually happening. Your phone rang and you quickly grab your phone. Chanyeol is calling. You turn off your phone and you stood up. You ran towards your bedroom and you shut the door. You lay down on your bed and you cried louder. You screamed in anger and you hug your knees. What kind of gift is this now? 
    The sun shine and you head to the bathroom and take a quick shower and you look at yourself in the mirror. Your swollen eyes made you sigh. You dry your hair and you head to the living room. You grab your phone on the floor and remembered what happened. Last night. You turn it on and you read the message from Chanyeol.

From: Park Chanyeol

Merry Christmas! Still wondering why you didn't answer
Any of my phone calls. Tsk. And you turn it off. 😫

    You sighed and you start typing for your reply but stopped. You gulped and you lock it and place it inside your pocket. You opened the door and you head outside when you suddenly kick something. It's a red box with a green ribbon. You let out a sigh and you open it. There's a card and you quickly unfold it and read it. 

Minhyun, 

    Merry christmas! Don't go out too much. It's freezing cold. Stay inside and just watch movies. Or you can invite me to come by your place. :) i really miss my Minhyun. I'm wondering how you're doing... You look so thin today. Take care! Saranghae

 

                                                                                                    - Baek
     You look at the box and your tears form. The necklace was nice. But you're not going to accept it. Never. You start to walk while holding the box and wait for the elevator door to open. You enter inside and press the button and you sighed while staring at the box. You reached the ground floor and the lady in uniform bowed her head to you and you stopped her and hand her the box. You continued walking and you throw the card in the trash bin and  exit the building. You reached the grocery near by and you grab some soju and snacks before heading back. On the other hand. Chanyeol woke up and quickly grab his phone to read the greetings. But there's no reply from you. He let out a sigh and he stood up. "That girl must really hate christmas..." He said and he prepare his self. After changing clothes. He head downstairs where his family is. His mother busily cooks in the kitchen and he sat down beside his father and greet him. 
"You don't have hang out with your friends?" Your father asked.
"Nope. We all decided to stay with our families this year." Chanyeol said and his father nod.
"Merry christmas Eomma!" Chanyeol shouted and her mother greeted back. 
   It was 7:00PM and they all start to eat dinner. Chanyeol kept checking his phone and his mother noticed it. 
"Wae? Are you waiting for someone? Do you guys have hang out tonight?" His mother asked and Chanyeol shook his head politely.
"I'm just waiting for something." He replied. They all finished eating and he played some movies. Chanyeol sighed as he checked is phone and he head upstairs and sat down on his bed and kept wondering why you're not contacting him. He let out a sigh and he plopped on his bed and check the time. It's already 11:00PM. His phone suddenly rang and he quickly grab it and answer it.
"Ne Minhyun?" 
"Chanyeol... Can you come with me?" You said and he heard you sniff.
"Hey... Are you crying?" He asked and you fake a chuckle.
"Ani... Just come here at the park." You said.
"Seriously? In this cold weather-- ya!" He said then he noticed that you already ended the phone call he grab his coat and he ran downstairs. 
"Oh-- i thought you don'f have anything to do now?" His father asked.
"Ah... Kyungsoo suddenly called." Chanyeol said.
"Bye eomma and appa!" He said and he quickly ran outside. He reached the park and found a girl sitting on the swings alone while holding her phone. He smiled and he walked towards you. But he stopped when he heard you sniff again and wipe your cheeks. 
"Ya... Han Minhyun." He said and you look up to him and wipe your tears. 
"C-chanyeol?" You said and he sat down.
"Ne." 
"Why?" He asked.
"You look so sad. Seriously? You must be happy right now." He said and you sighed. 
"My Ex..." You said and he looked at you.
"Wae? What happened?" 
"He came back..." You said.
"Isn't that great?" Chanyeol asked.
"No... Because i don't like him..." You said and you wipe your tears as you breathed. The smoke came out of your lips and he sighed.
"You must be cold--"
"He said he wants me back..." You said and you start to sob. 
"I hate it. I hate him." You said and Chanyeol stood up and reached out his hand.
"Kaja." He said and he sighed as you didn't respond. He grab your wrist and pull you up.
"I'm going to take you home." He said.
     You both reached your unit and you enter the pass code and you looked at him. He's staring all the way and you just sighed. 
"Kaja..." You said and you grab his wrist and pull him inside.