Chapter 25

Unknown Number

    It's your birthday. But you have no idea that today is your special day. That some sort of cold monster was born. You were about to take a shower when the doorbell rang. You sighed and you lazily walk towards the door and open it and found a box in front of the door. You frowned and took it. You opened the card that read "Minhyunie~ Happy birthday!" You frowned and shut the door and grab your phone to check the date. And the heck, you realized that today is your birthday. You sat down on the couch and open the box and found a pair of rings. You sighed and you look at it. There's another red card and you open it. 
"Give me the other ring if you're ready." You read and you smirked. You shut the box, take a shower and head to his place. The door opened by his friend Sehun. Kyungsoo's eyes widened to see you there. Expecting that their plan worked out. Chanyeol run from upstairs with a smile on his face. You opened your bag and you look at him. 
"Minhyun..." He said with his signature smile and you hand him the box. He looked at him and he opened it with excitement. Only to found the two rings still together. With the greeting card. You sighed and his mother went out from the Kitchen and you bow your head. You look at Chanyeol again and you bit your lower lip.
"Let me take you straight since you're so numb. There's nothing to be ready for. There's nothing going to happen between us. There's no another chance waiting Chanyeol. As a... As a Friend... I don't want you to wait for nothing. Because really, i can't give you anything. I have nothing compare to other girls..." You said and you bowed your head and made your way outside. But someone grabbed your wrist. You turn around and found Sehun. His wrist tightens every time you attempt to move away. 
"Minhyun! You don't know what he's been through!" He shouted and you raised your brow. 
"You don't know too what i've been through, Sehun." You said. But he didn't let go. 
"I got hurt, emotionally. Cheating on me? God damn Sehun. I did't imagine that it would feel this way. It feels like something was taken away from me. My confidence... My everything." You said and your tears formed. 
"Now you're telling me that i don't know what he--" you sobbed and his hand loosen around your wrist.
"Did you ever knew about what i felt? The way i played dumb to keep our relationship? The way i swallow all of it? Even i can't? Even i'm having a hard time? The way i text him and ask him to visit me or go out on a date? And all i'm going to receive is 'Sorry i'm busy'? Do you know how much it hurts seeing him with other girl? Can you understand me now?" You sobbed until he completely let go of you. You just stood there and lower your head. Sehun placed his hand on your shoulder and he sighed.
"I'm sorry..." Sehun said and you shook your head.
"Ani... Ani. There's nothing to be sorry about." You said and you start to walk.
    You reached a park and you sat down under the tree and hug your legs. You don't care if they think you're crazy. You want every feeling out of you. They don't think about your feelings. No they don't. It's only Baekhyun who cares a lot about you. You regretted that you broke up with him for someone you don't know too much. And now... The guy who cared the most is now not seeing you as the way he see you before. He only see you as a very important friend. Nothing more. You wipe your tears with your sleeves and you took out your phone and call Baekhyun. You wait for him to answer and heard him laughing.
"Baek..." You said and you heard a girl's voice laughing a long.
"Where are you?" You asked.
"I'm on my date actually... Why? Is there something you need?" Baekhyun asked and you cover your mouth to stop yourself from sobbing. 
"Minhyun-ah! I have a good news. I'll tell you later." Baekhyun said.
"Araseo..." You said and he end the phone call. You stood up and you head to your place. You plopped on the couch and you sighed. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours. The doorbell rang and you quickly stood up and Baekhyun smiled and place his index finger on your forehead and push you inside. 
"Remember my good news??" He cheerfully asked and you nod your head. 
"I got a girlfriend!" He said and he start jumping up and down. You do all your best to not let a single tear roll on your cheeks. You quickly turn around and he stopped squealing like a fangirl. He sighed and followed you to the kitchen and he sat down on stool.
"I got a girl meotjin~ i got girl chakhan~" he sang and you let out a sigh. 
"Ya... Aren't you happy?" He asked and you look at him and force a smile.
"Of course i am." You said. 
"Ya, you should get a boy, you know. Move on!" He said and you look at him and point at yourself.
"I, Han Minhyun already moved on." You said and he chuckled.
"Really, huh?" 
"Really, really." You said and you drank down the can of beer.
"Tss..." 
"Ya... Fool someone on your age. Huh?" He flicked your forehead and you slap his hand away.
"You know Minhyun, we're friends... So i don't want you to get hurt." He said and he caress your cheek.
"I know... How will i not notice when you're the only one who cares about me." You said and his smile fade. 
"Ya... You're only a year older stupid." You said and he sighed.
"Yeah... But still, i'm older than you." 
"Yeah... You're older than me but i think more mature than you!" You said and you sip on your beer again.
"I said you can't drink!" He said and he took the can away from you. 
"Baek... Please?" You said and he shook his head and you look away. Your tears formed. 
"Just today... I promise." You said and your tears rolled down.
"H-hey..." Baekhyun said and reach his hand out to wipe your tears but you moved away. Baekhyun's mouth gaped and you grab the can of beer. 
"Just let me forget my problems... Will you? Baek?" You said and you finish the can of beer in one shot. You sighed and your tears streamed.
"Why do i always make wrong decisions." You breathed and Baekhyun placed his hand on your head down to your cheek.
"You're not..." Baekhyun said and you look at him.
"I'm not? The heck, i always do!" 
"Minhyun... Those are just for experience... You have a lot of thing you haven't experience for a long time. You only watch yourself. You never look for others. You ignore them... All you want is you. You to be all alone." Baekhyun said.
"Baek... I experienced a lot..." You said and Baekhyun sighed.
"You'll understand everything in time..."
"Baekhyun! I'm not a kid!!" You shouted and Baekhyun caressed your hair.
"I know... But you're still my baby sister." He said and he kissed your forehead.
"So stop drinking." He said and he sighed. 

---

   You head to a bar and drink. Drowning your problems. Your tears never stop to fall when someone wipe it away. He sat down beside you and you look at him. He looks so problematic and you sighed.
"Kim Jongin..." You breathed and he look at you.
"Why are you crying?" He asked and he order his drink. You didn't answer him. You just drink and he look at you.
"Love problems?" He asked and you just nod your head. 
"Tss... What did he do this time?" 
"It's not your fcking business." You said and you shot him a look.
"Woah... I'm just here to help." He said.
"Come on. Your ert actions won't help." You said and he smirked.
"I changed. I changed a lot." He said and you look at him. You search for any hint that he's joking... But no... He's serious. He looks so serious.
"After a girl broke up with me... Take note, the first girl i truly loved." Kai said and you stare at his eyes who's starting to get teary.
"Kai..." You said and he suddenly laughed. But he forced his self to lighten the mood. 
"Aigoo... I always make wrong decisions in life... I regret everything i did." He said and you sighed.
"Me either. I broke up with a sincere guy for that fcking Park Chanyeol." You said and he chuckled. 
"Well... Every regret is always in the end..." Kai said and you nod your head.
"You're right..." 
"So... What's your problem?" Kai asked and you took a sip of your drink and you sighed.
"That guy cheated on me." You said. Kai looked at you from head to toe and he chuckled.
"That guy must be crazy for doing that. You're perfect!" He said and he drank his drink one shot. 
    The two of you talked liked there's no hatred inside you. You can't deny it... He's very entertaining. He talks gentle and he even comfort you when you start to cry. You palm your face and cry it all out. Kai clicked his tongue and caress your back. Telling you it's all okay. You wipe your tears and continue drinking with him. You both share random storied from the past until you knocked out. Kai chuckled and try to wake you up. He sighed and look at the chair beside you and place your jacket over your shoulders and ask the guy to help him. He give you a piggy back ride and head to your place. Yes he knows it. When he start stalking you before. He sighed. What he doesn't know it your passcode.
"Ya!" A voice said and Kai turned around and found...
"Chanyeol..." Kai said.
"Mind if you help me?" Kai added and Chanyeol quickly walked towards him.
"Look away!" Chanyeol said.
"Wae?" Kai asked.
"I'm going to enter her passcode." 
"Do i have to do that? Come on. Me and this girl you cheated on is my friend." Kai said and Chanyeol smirked.
"Don't fool me." Chanyeol said. 
"Araseo! This girl might kill me if i fight with you." Kai said and he turn around. Chanyeol enter your passcode and the door unlocked. 
"Ppali." Chanyeol said and they both enter inside. Kai placed you down on the couch and you groaned then hug the cushion. 
"You can leave." Chanyeol said and he smirked.
"You should leave too. Since she's not your property anymore." Kai said and he start to walk. 
"Mworago?" Chanyeol said in threatening tone and and Kai sighed.
"Araseo! Stay if you want!" Kai said.
"Be thankful she said to not punch you or fight with you." Kai said and he opened the door. 
"Ya, Minhyun... Wake up." Chanyeol said and carefully brush off the hair strands covering your face. 
"Mmm..." You shifted and almost fell on the couch but Chanyeol caught you. He carried you to your room and lie you down on the bed and change your clothes. He kiss your forehead and wish you a good night. Chanyeol smiled and he pinch your nose lightly.
"Pabo... Why are befriending that Kai?" Chanyeol whispered. 

---

   The sun hit your face and you groaned. You stood up shut the curtains when you noticed that your clothes were not the clothes you're wearing that night. Your eyes widened and quickly grab your phone and search for Kai's number but you don't have it. The door opened, revealing the happily humming Park Chanyeol. You eyed him and he raise his brows and head to the bathroom. You know he's taking a shower and you smirked and shook your head.
"Ya. What are you doing? Did i allowed you to use--" The door opened and he stepped out only with a towel wrapped around his waist. 
"Should i dress myself here?" He asked and you looked away. 
"Araseo..." He said and he grab his clothes.
"Go dress inside! You stupid!" You shouted and he chuckled. You sat down on the bed and you grab your phone and plug your earphones. You cover your whole body with your blanket and you shut your eyes again. Song after song... It calms your nerves. You were about to land to the dreamland when you felt his large hands s to your stomach. You quickly remove your earphones and you look at him. 
"Ya!" You shouted and you hit his head. 
"If i need to ask you for another chance again and again i will." You said and you raised your hand to slap him but he effortlessly grab your wrist. But he didn't tighten his grip. Your body softened and he place your palm on his cheek and shut his eyes, feeling your warm hand on his face. Your eyes widened as you watch his lips curl into a smile. Chanyeol moved closer and he opened his eyes to see how close he is. Then he looked at your lips and press his lips on it. You can't deny it... You missed this feeling. His lips against yours. Chanyeol pulled away and he stare at you. You didn't move an inch and just stare at him. 
"I'm sorry..." He said. And you stood up and walk to the bathroom. You faced the mirror and you let out a sigh. After taking a shower and drying your hair. You opened the door and you sighed in relief that he's not there already. You head to the kitchen when found the breakfast is ready. But there's only one plate. You rolled your eye with a sigh and you bit your lower lip. Your tears welled up and you breath heavily and clench your fist. 
"What? Do you really want me to feel so alone?? Fck you Park Chanyeol." You said and walk towards the table and stare at the food. When a pair of hands grab your shoulders and sat you down on the chair. Chanyeol act so 'At Home'. He walk to the kitchen counter to grab the other plate of pancakes and he placed it on the table. He poured you an orange juice and you look at him.
"You know what... I don't really understand you sometimes... Earlier... You look like you want to shoo me away." He said and you bit your lower lip as you breath heavily.
"Woah. Calm down..." Chanyeol joked and you kick his leg under the the table but he dodged it and you accidentally hit the leg of the Chair. You winced in pain and he quickly run towards you and grab your leg.
"Mianhae! I-i--" you hit his head with your fist and you look at you foot. Your tear fell by the combination of the pain in your foot and the pain in your heart. Chanyeol reached out his hands to wipe it but you cocked your head away and he sighed and kiss your knee. 
"I'm sorry."
    The whole day... He never stop saying sorry to you. You feel so irritated that it takes to the point the you kicked his out of your house. You shut the door and you lean against the door to stop him from opening it again. But ended up falling on the floor. 
"Yaaaa!!!" You shouted and Chanyeol kneeled down and combed your hair with his fingers.
"I'm sorry..." He said and you hit his arm repeatedly. But he didn't move an inch. He just watch you hit him.
"Lock me in a room... Don't feed me. Hitting me is not enough." Chanyeol said and you felt your whole body weak and your tears bursted.
"Tie me on a chair. I won't protest." He said and you look at him.
"Hit me until my whole body is bruised." He said and you sobbed.
"Doing this is not enough, Minhyun."
"Do more. Hurt me more." He said and he stood up and pull you up. But he kneeled down in front of you and lower his head.
"Hurt me..."