Chapter 13

Unknown Number

    Months passed. It's still the same. You and Baekhyun are strong... Chanyeol still hiding his feelings. He confirmed it when it's your last day in Jeju. He knows he really like you. He likes his bestfriend. You invite him to come over and he will. You never forget to spend time with him even though you have Baekhyun again. He helped you a lot. And you're really thankful for it. 
   It's 2:00AM when someone kept on pressing your doorbell. You groaned and you got up from bed and you sighed. 
"Ne! Ne! You're so impatient." You said and you walk towards the door and open it. Chanyeol fell on you. He's drunk. Very drunk. You yelp and you kick the door shut and you help him to walk. This is no joke. He's ing heavy. You push him on the couch and you place your hands on your waist. You catch your breath and you stare at him.
"Ya. Why didn't you go straight home? Huh? And why are you drunk? As in super drunk? Is there a problem Chanyeol--" you yelped when he pulled you down and wrap you with his arms.
"Don't move..." He whispered and you try to push him.
"Chan--"
"Shh..." He hushed you and you sighed. 
"What's your problem... Hmm? Tell me..." You said softly. With a hint of Care. You remove his arms and you caress his hair and you brush up his bangs. You kiss his forehead and his lips curled into a smile. 
"Tell me... We're best friends right?" You said and he sighed.
"Do you know... That today is a special day?" He asked and you frowned.
"Bwo?--"
"It's my birthday today." He said and you bit your lower lip.
"J-jinjja? I don't know... You never told me." You said. You can feel the guilt building inside you and he sighed.
"Did you ever ask? You're always like... 'Hey you're a boy, help me what to give Baekhyun.' Did you ever ask when's my birthday?" He asked and he manage to sit properly. He stare at you and his tears rolled down. 
"I don't know why you don't feel what i feel for you. Are my hints not enough? Should i really tell you straightly so you can understand? You're so numb. The way you say that 'bestfriend' hurts me a lot. The way you talk to Baekhyun on the phone in front of me kills me. The way you ask me favors that i will do for you makes me weak! Minhyun! Why can't you feel it? Is it not enough??" He said half shouting. His husky voice is scaring you. Your tears formed.
"Chanyeol--"
"I'm doing everything to be with you. But it's like you're running away from me with that Baekhyun. When you told me that you like him again. I felt a knife stabbed me in my chest. When you invite me and Baekhyun suddenly popped out. I always feel like a third wheel. But i keep it all. I let them hit me because i ing love you!" He shouted. He stood up and almost fell. You stood up and was about to help him when he raised his hand.
"Stop hurting me... I never thought that my first love would turn out like this." He said. Your eyes widened and your tear fell.
"Thank you..." He said and leave without a word. You fell on your knees and you start to cry. You don't know what's happening. You never felt like this before. Why does it feel like you're more hurt than what you've experienced before? You tap your chest and you cry loudly. You head to your bedroom and grab your phone to call him. But he's not answering until he turn off his phone. 

---

    You woke up and you face the mirror. Your eyes were swollen. You wash up and change your clothes. You sat down on your bed and try to call Chanyeol. But his phone is still off. You stood up when you heard the doorbell rang. You know it's not him. You lazily walk towards the door and you open it. Baekhyun smiled holding a bouquet of flowers. You smiled and you hug him tightly. You just want to escape from your problem for awhile. You feel so secured. He kiss your forehead and you look at him.
"What happened to your eyes?" He asked and you grab the flowers. 
"I don't know..." You replied and you place it down. He cup your cheeks and stare to your eyes. You look at him. You love it how he makes you feel like you're melting with his stares.  You both sat down on the couch and talk about random things. He smiled as he saw a piano in the corner. You're slowly learning it. With the help of Baekhyun... And Chanyeol. They're both good. And there it is again... He's in your mind again. You don't want him mad. Baekhyun peck your lips and you blinked rapidly.
"Day dreaming... Stop it. What are you thinking?" He asked and you shook your head with a smile. He stood up and head to the piano and sat down. He start to play it and you sat down beside him. You watch his beautiful fingers move. 
"Remember that piece?" He asked and you nod. That's the one he always play for you before. He suddenly stopped and he look at you.
"Are you alright?" He asked and he place his palm on your forehead. 
"Ne... I'm alright." You said and he cup your cheeks and press his lips on yours. 
"Just tell me if something's wrong, okay?" 
"Ne..." 
"I just came here to give you the flowers... I need to go with Eomma..." He said and you nod.
"I understand..." You replied.
"Just call me okay? If something's wrong." He said and you nod. 

---

    You head to your bedroom and you let out a sigh. You bent down and took out the Jar you've been working on before. You sighed and you grab the pen and write a letter for Chanyeol.

Dear Chanyeol, 

I'm sorry... I'm a horrible friend. Aish. Why didn't i even think about that? I'm really such a useless person. I know you're avoiding me. I understand you. I hurt you a lot. This is not enough. Avoiding me is not enough. You should hurt me too like i hurt you before. I feel so guilty. You never leave my mind since you came here drunk earlier. Even in my dream, you're in there, i even see you where i go around the house. I must be crazy... Really crazy... It's only hours... Hours that you keep on ignoring me. But Chanyeol... I'm going crazy. Aigoo... By the way... I can't think properly... I don't know what to give you. You're a special person... I should give you something special. But i can't think what it is. I'm sorry... I hope you appreciate it. 
 
                                       
                                                                                                       - Han Minhyun

    You sighed and you place it on your bed. Minutes passed and you brush your hair and you sighed. Time to go work. You head outside carrying the jar and you head to the bakeshop to buy a cake for him. After that you head to their place. You heaved you press the doorbell. The gate opened and Sehun smiled. Looks like they're having a party. 
"Come in!" He said and you shook your head.
"I have work... I went his just to drop this... Can you give this to Chanyeol?" You asked.
"Ya... You're not going to celebrate with us. At least give it to him! Show up!" He said and grab you wrist but you shook your head again. 
"I don't want to see him throwing my gifts away... Please do this for me. Hmm?" You pleaded.
"What happened?" 
"It's a long story okay... Is he inside?" You asked and he nod.
"He's inside his bedroom..." Sehun replied. You hand him the box of Cake and the jar and you nod.
"Tell him to take care of his self... Tell him... I miss him." You said and your tears rolled down. Sehun nod and you leave.
    You head to your work and you're 20 minutes early. You sat down on your seat and you place your bag down. You rest your arms and your head on the table and you start to sob. Why does it hurt so much? You can't understand it. The door opened and you quickly wipe your tears. Seungjo saw it and he just sat down on the chair in front of you and open his laptop.
"Why're you so early?" He asked and you just shook your head.
"Is there a problem? It's the first time i saw you crying..." Seungjo said and you manage to smile.
"...and the first time to smile." He added. 
"Is it really hurts when your best friend ignores you?" You asked and he look at you.
"Of course it does. But crying over it... Is childish." He said. 
"Tss..." 
     You took out your phone and you watch his video over and over again, you look at his pictures and you let out a sigh.
"Noona... 2 minutes." He said and you nod. You place your phone down and you both start to work. 

---

    Chanyeol head downstairs and everyone greeted him. He smiled. But not that smile he always do. The smile is weak. Lifeless. Everyone start to eat and have a little talk. His mom asked where you are and he just said that you're probably in work. Kyungsoo nudged Sehun and Sehun nod. 
"Hyung..." Sehun said.
"Ne?" Chanyeol asked. He placed the box of cake and the jar on the table. 
"Omo... That's cute!" His mother said. Kyungsoo stood up and told his parents that they have something to talk to. They head to the living room, leaving the two boys alone.
"It's from Minhyun Noona... She said that... She have work today... I ask her to give it to since she can't attend the party. But she said that hand it to you." Sehun said.
"Tss... That--"
"Because she don't want to see you throwing her gifts away." Sehun continued and Chanyeol look at him. He froze. No words escape his lips. Kyungsoo went back and plug the radio. He look at Kyungsoo and Chanyeol frowned.

"Seungjo-ah? Can i greet someone?" You said.
"Go ahead Noona." 
"Annyeong Haseyo... Han Minhyun imnida.... I hope you're having fun today. Sorry i can't come. I know you don't want me there, so i would i attend right? I don't want to ruin your special day... But i hope you keep my present now." You said when you suddenly sobbed. Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo quickly look away. 
"Kamsahamnida..." You said and Seungjo start to speak.
     Chanyeol head to his bedroom and he shut the door. Chanyeol lie down on his bed and he shut his eyes. Why do he feel guilty when he's the one who's hurt. The door opened and Sehun placed the jar on the table and he leave without another word. Chanyeol groaned and he grab the jar and open it. He found a letter inside and he bit his lower lip and open it.

Dear Chanyeol, 

I'm sorry... I'm a horrible friend. Aish. Why didn't i even think about that? I'm really such a useless person. I know you're avoiding me. I understand you. I hurt you a lot. This is not enough. Avoiding me is not enough. You should hurt me too like i hurt you before. I feel so guilty. You never leave my mind since you came here drunk earlier. Even in my dream, you're in there, i even see you where i go around the house. I must be crazy... Really crazy... It's only hours... Hours that you keep on ignoring me. But Chanyeol... I'm going crazy. Aigoo... By the way... I can't think properly... I don't know what to give you. You're a special person... I should give you something special. But i can't think what it is. I'm sorry... I hope you appreciate it. 
 
                                       
                                                                                                       - Han Minhyun

     Chanyeol placed it down and he let out a sigh. He lie down again and he shut his eyes. His head hurts a lot. He just want to rest. But how? He feels so guilty, so hurt. And then you never leave his mind. 
"Is she making me feel guilty?" He groaned.