Chapter 47

Beating Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

47. ABSCOND

 

 

“I am sorry,”

 

 

Kim Myungsoo refused to believe when he entered the ward, as well as Kwon Jiyong, he might just tear the building apart. “Just one ing simple task, save my sister and they can’t do that.” Jiyong hissed earlier. “Simple task,” Jiyong hissed once again when he glared to the nurses inside Ivy’s ward, as if it was a cue for them to get out. “Jiyong-ah,” Taeyang tapped his furious leader’s shoulder, “It’s not their fault,”. “It was that bastard’s fault, no, it was my fault, wasn’t it?” Jiyong sighed. “Oh goodness,” Woohyun murmured when he entered the ward with Seungri. “Look at her, so pale, so quite, so calm. Ivy, what happened?” Seungri suddenly muttered. Woohyun immediately circled his hand around Seungri’s shoulder, in fact, everyone in the room need someone to support them.

 

To be honest, it was chaos before then. Jiyong will already strangle the doctor if Myungsoo wasn’t there. True that a doctor should changed his punch line, saying sorry isn’t the best way to start a conversation, especially with a gang leader and with his little sister involved. But then again, the doctor doesn’t need to know anything about the gang. When the nurses lead them to a room, Myungsoo stopped in front of it. No one dared to open the room; no one dared embrace the truth. For almost the scariest two minutes of his life, Myungsoo finally turned the doorknob and that’s when the reality hit him like a rock.   

 

Myungsoo stepped nearer to Ivy’s bed as he gently her cheek, it was cold and so lifeless that Myungsoo almost thought she was dead already. “She is alive,” Myungsoo muttered as he held her hand gently. “But she is as good as dead,” Jiyong hissed, again. He was so angry about everything, about Kai, about the doctors, about himself. “Persistent vegetative state is not as good as dead,” Taeyang sighed. “So, tell me when will she woke up, tell me,” Jiyong hissed furiously. “May last for indefinite time,” Jiyong hissed again as he said the exact same thing the doctor said to him. “Cannot be awakened and failed to respond to anything,” Jiyong angrily punched the table, he was losing his mind if he keeps remembering what the doctor told him earlier. “Seungri, let’s get him out. You guys wait here, okay?” Taeynag said as he grabbed on of Jiyong’s arm and pulled the mad leader out from the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu slightly tapped Myungsoo’s shoulder when Myungsoo took a seat beside Ivy’s bed. “Persistent vegetative state?” Woohyun raised his brow. “Coma, hyung, Jiyong hyung flipped when the doctor mentioned coma so he decided to use a nicer way to describe it,” Myungsoo smiled weakly. “Kai shot her heart, and the doctor said whoever did this know what they are doing perfectly. They managed to get the bullet out but Ivy lost a lot of her blood. That’s why she got into a coma,” Sunggyu explained. “And the doctor said that there a very big chance that Ivy will suffer a chronic heart failure if she woke up,” Sunggyu continued with a lower voice. “If she woke up,” Myungsoo murmured slowly. “She will, Myungsoo,” Sunggyu said. “Didn’t hyung listen to Jiyong hyung? We must not lie about this kind of thing, Sunggyu hyung-ah,” Myungsoo chuckled bitterly. Myungsoo can’t even differentiate anymore between his bitter chuckle and his sob, his emotions have all become one.   

 

“Even the chances of her surviving if she ever woke up is like really damn low,” Myungsoo said as he clasped his hand with Ivy’s pale one and kissed it. Sunggyu gave Myungso’s head slightly, he wants Myungsoo to know that everything will eventually be okay even though it seems unreal for now. “I’ll buy some food, do you have anything in mind? Soo?” Sunggyu said as he ruffled Myungsoo’s hair slightly. Myungsoo just shook his head slightly and Sunggyu turned his head to Woohyun. “Anything would be nice, hyung. I’ll take care of them both,”

“You have tried to call them?” Taeyang said. “I did, I did everything, I tried to call them, check their names everywhere, check their credit cards’ transaction, e-mails, I don’t know I feel like I have done everything,” Hoya sighed. “It’s like they just disappeared the moment they got into that plane to Swiss,” Hoya threw his hand to the air. “Why do we need them anyway?” Jiyong raised his brow. “When they check the legal document yesterday, Kwon Jiyeon was dead already. They only know Jung Sanghee and we need his so-called legal father to sign everything. And we still need to tell them Ivy’s condition,” Taeyang said. “They just left like that when we need them the most. And I can be Ivy’s guardian, or if you need someone older, you can use Seunghyun hyung’s name or something,” Jiyong said. “It’s not that simple, Kwon but I’ll try it,” Taeyang glared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A couple of minutes later, Myungsoo entered the ward with a bouquet of flower. “Those will be dead before she woke up,” Jiyong sighed in desperation. “I’ll bring the new one when these dead,” Myungsoo replied when he put the flowers to the vase beside Ivy’s bed. “The florist must be annoyed seeing you buying those flowers, it will take a long time that you can become a regular there,” Jiyong said. “I’ve never thought that the G-Dragon will be this desperate, it’s kinda disappointing, hyung,” Myungsoo snapped. “She will wake up, you know. She still need to kick hyung’s , so she will definitely wake up,” Myungsoo said as he Ivy’s hair gently.

 

“So, what’s up?” Myungsoo turned his head to Jiyong. “The doctor said she is fine, I almost hit him though but I did not, she is stable for now and the doctor said not too worry too much about her heart,” Jiyong sighed. “It’s a good thing, right?” Myungsoo said. “Probably,” Jiyong replied. “Hyung should go home though, Woohyun hyung and Sungjong are on their way here. I’ve told Seungri hyung to go home earlier when I met him at the lobby too,” Myungsoo said. “I can’t,” Jiyong said. “You have been here since five days ago,” Myungsoo replied. “No, Junhyung told me he will come today and I’ve been dying to hear how that Kai-bastard will be in jail forever,”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hours later, Yong Junhyung finally came with his coat drenched, it was raining heavily outside. “Good evening,” Junhyung greeted. “It’s really cold in here, yeah?” Junhyung tried to break a smile but immediately shut his mouth when he received a death glare from Myungsoo. “It is. Want some?” Sungjong replied as he handed Junhyung a bowl of dumplings. “No, thanks,” Junhyung said. “So, how was the police?” Sunggyu asked. “It was fine. Kai and that Kronos’s boss will be on court next week, and I also reported them for illegal weapons and drugs, so, yeah, I think it’s almost safe to say that jail is their new home,” Junhyung explained. “They don’t know anything about us, right?” Sunggyu snapped. “No, just some necessary stuffs for their documents, other than that, we will be just fine,” Junhyung replied.

 

“So, how is she?” Junhyung asked as he walked closer to the bed, hesitantly. “She is fine, just probably won’t wake up until who-know-when,” Jiyong finally spoke. Junhyung was a bit taken aback; no one told him that his annoying temporary partner was in a coma. “Don’t bother him, he’s just being realistic, anyway,” Myungsoo said. “Well, don’t bother both of them, they are over desperate,” Sungjong said. “Junhyung-ssi, Ivy will be fine,” Sungjong smiled. “Well, I hope she found what she wants,” Junhyung replied, which pretty much shocked everyone in the room.

 

 

“What did you say?” Myungsoo and Jiyong said in unison. “What? I thought at least she has told you about it, Myungsoo-ssi. You were with her before you went to the Centre, right?” Junhyung stuttered; He couldn’t help to stutter when Myungsoo was in front of him, and his eyes are ready to kill anytime. “No, she didn’t tell me this certain thing that she wants. For goddess’s sake, Yong Junhyung, we don’t know anything so please just tell us,” Myungsoo snapped. “Okay, okay. I don’t know what she wants either; she was an annoying brat, okay? But I do know that whatever Ivy was looking for, it was also the reason why Kronos was in your place that day,” Junhyung sighed.

 

“That day, I told her that Kronos was going to your headquarter because they need to find something important but they won’t reveal the thing. When I asked her what could it possibly be, she said that she doesn’t know either,” Junhyung continued. “She was missing from her room that night, and when I found her, she was mad and furious like she always does but her hands were shaking. I asked her what happened and start to nag about how they will find out about our undercover if she keep doing this, but,” Junhyung paused for awhile. “She punched my face. She said sorry afterward though, which was a rare case, and she made me promise to help her find this thing too, yet she never told me what is it, typical Ivy,” Junhyung said.

 

“But I guess, it probably just some weapon or device, something like that. But now that their leader is arrested, it won’t that much danger, I guess,” Junhyung said as Myungsoo sighed in relief. “Well, gonna ask her when she woke up then,” Junhyung broke a smile when he turned his head to Ivy. “By the way, talking about being realistic, she will wake up, Jiyong-ssi, Myungsoo-ssi. One thing I know from working together with a girl that stubborn, she doesn’t die easy, okay? She is so stubborn that even death will lose its mind because she is so damn rock-headed,” Junhyung ranted. “The point is, I have this strong feeling that she will be just fine, and I know you guys are aware of that too,”.

First month was hard enough for Myungsoo, not that he mind to come to the hospital almost everyday, no matter how much hates he have for the damned building, just because with each day passed, it become harder to believe that Kwon Jiyeon will be just fine. Myungsoo was just got back from buying some snacks, when he spotted a man with an ash purple hair, seating beside Ivy’s bed. Myungsoo opened the door slowly as he keeps his gaze on the man when the man suddenly turned his head to Myungsoo’s direction. “Ah, you must be Kim Myungsoo,” The man grinned as he stood up. “Yes, and you are the previous guy with pink hair whom I saw arguing with Ivy that day when I’m still under a treatment?” Myungsoo raised his brow.

“Byunghun is definitely a shorter way to call me but okay,” Byunghun smiled. “I’m sorry, no one really talk about you or your name,” Myungsoo smiled bitterly. “It’s okay, they suppose not to talk about me so I guess they are just doing their job. But you recognize me though. Must be my hair,” Byunghun chuckled. “Yeah, you have an extraordinary choic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter