Chapter 26

Beating Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26. LONGING

 

Tears won’t come – I thought I’d be okay
So I came to this street for the first time in a while
But I guess it was a mistake

The corridor was in silence. Everyone has left. Everyone except her. Ivy can feel the coldness as she walked through. Ivy hates everything about this section of the building. She went there alot though, because she was injured alot too. Ivy is familiar with this scene. Walking down the hospital's corridor, just to make sure that Kim Myungsoo is okay. After all, the very first day Ivy met him is when Myungsoo tried to save her life. A piece of the memories came straight to Ivy's mind. Everything is too clear, too obvious. Ivy still hasn't gotten over on how Myungsoo looked at her when he first woke up. Ivy was in her deep thought when she finally realized that it was Myungsoo's room in front of her. She hesitantly reached the door' knob and opened it. There was Myungsoo, lying like a death person, but his gaze is awake and staring straight to Ivy. "You will scare the out of people if you look at them like that," Ivy muttered as she closed the door. "Why aren't you?" Myungsoo said. "I have become used to it," Ivy said. "What are you-" "Why did you do that?" Ivy snapped Myungsoo's sentence. "Geez, and here I am, thinking that you will actually thanking me for what I have done," Myungsoo scoffed. "But, what to expect honestly? And I thought Sanghee is stupid enough," Myungsoo said. "Are you saying that I am way more stupid than her?" Ivy raised her brow. "I don't know. You tell me since you are the one who speaks sarcasm," Myungsoo said. "I never knew that a bullet can increase someone's -ness," Ivy hissed. "Well, are you going to say thank you or what?" Myungsoo said. "I want to know why did you took the bullet," Ivy hissed once again. "I was doing my job," Myungsoo said. Ivy stared at him, disbelief. "Doing your job? Seriously, you should've come up with a better reason than that," Ivy said.

Goodbye – your cold
Goodbye – voice
Is still in the wind that passes by me

"Well, what do you want me to say? 'I don't know, maybe because I fall in love with you at the first sight', is that what you wanted to hear?" Myungsoo said. "Well, what do you want me to do then? Did you honestly think that I will walk through that damn door, looking guilty as hell and say endless 'thank you' until finally got swoon by your gaze?" Ivy said. "Why are we doing this?" Myungsoo said. "I don't know, maybe because that this is the exact same scene as before," Ivy muttered. "The exact same scene and the same reason yet a whole different person. What is the universe trying to do to us?" Myungsoo said. 

"So, you are doing your job when you saved Sanghee?" Ivy said in a low voice. "Yes, no, fine, you want the truth? The reason is I can't stand you being stupid all the time. You act like you can do anything, but face it, Ivy, we can't. I don't understand what Sanghee is doing in the middle of an empty abandoned street at that time and I don't understand what are you doing by saying you can handle two fighters yet you have one helpless girl to protect? You are insane," Myungsoo said frustatedly. "Why do you care?" Ivy snapped. "Because, I still feel like I need to protect you, girlfriend or not, family or not, team member or not," Myungsoo murmured. Ivy fell silent. Ivy swore she will forget everything, but she never did. So does Myungsoo, he sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter