The Offer

When Min Ho Met Shin Hye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim Eun Sook is writing a new drama.  She's considering you for the role."  Shin Hye was sitting in on her usual Monday meetings with her management team.  They were discussing upcoming offers and opportunities.


The president looked directly at her and  went on. "This is a great opportunity for you.  Kim Eun Sook's drama are all ratings winner.  You haven't been in a drama with high domestic viewership in a long while.  This is exposure, good exposure. "

"This is the stepping stone we need for you to be a blue chip in the advertising world."  His assistant chimed in.

"This is a good opportunity.  Your previous dramas are  well known and loved in foreign countries and that's good.  But you know the true income is from within Korea."  He added.

"We have already indicated to her that you are interested and we will continue to campaign for the role."  Why do they even bother trying to sell it to her if they already accepted, Shin Hye thought.

"Do you know what kind of drama it will be? Do you know who will be the male lead?"  Manager Jun asked the president.  He wanted to ensure that they had all the details to make decisions that would be in Shin Hye's best interest.

"From what I hear, she's writing this drama for Lee Min Ho.   It is tentatively a high school drama.  We don't have full details, but that fact alone should tell you that this drama will be a ratings success."  The president was excited about the possiblities.


"So what do you think?" They had left the agency and was running to another appointment.

Shin Hye was excited, but then not so excited. This is a good opportunity for her career wise.  Not many people were offered a chance to be in a Kim Eun Sook drama.  You just don't pass these things up.

She had wanted to do the sageuk with Joong Ki oppa.  It was too bad that it fell through. Without Joong Ki oppa and the original writer, her agency didn't think the drama will do well.  There was always a chance with sageuks that the cast and crew wouldn't get paid.  In the end it was too risky a project to consider and they withdrew her name from contention.

She hadn't seen Min Ho Oppa in long time.  It would be fun to work with him again.

That too had it's own drawback.  Kim Eun Sook's drama was known to have a lots of skinship and kissing.    Min Ho Oppa always has some kissing scenes.  He was known for his realistic kissing scenes.  She didn't care for the kissing scenes. She was bad at it...really bad.

She wasn't too comfortable with too much skinship or kiss scenes.  But since she already got along well with Min Ho Oppa, then it might work out.

She would be hounded by rumors and scandals again.  It was tiresome.

She was planning to take it easy the rest of the year and travel in between her fan meets and CF obligations.

"I think it's a good opportunity.  This is in line with our vision for your transitioning into the next phase of your career, from happy go lucky young woman to a more mature woman."  Jun Oppa was reminding her of the goals.

"Kim Eun Sook's dramas are good stepping stones.  It appeals to both domestic and international crowds so you'll get a boost in both markets.  You can increase your fanbase in both markets."  Jun Oppa was analyzing out loud.  So far he's only seeing the positive.

"Oppa, what about school?  I want to finish up my degree.  They'll kick me out if I keep deferring.  Or people will think that I'm a ghost student."  Shin Hye reminded him.

"We don't know the timing of the drama yet. But Shin Hye, we need to stick to the game plan.  You will always have the opportunity to finish school.    If all is successful and goes as planned, you can take next year off for school.  Let's se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter