The Boyfriend Factor

When Min Ho Met Shin Hye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Min Ho, what is this?"

Min Ho looked up at the sound of his Omma's voice.  He smiled at her as she came towards him.  At the sound of her voice, Choco, the traitor, hopped off his lap and went to her true love.  

His Omma came by every other week with a cleaning lady to clean his house and do his laundry.  She usually cooked and stocked his refrigerator with a week's worth of food for when he was in town. He had forgotten today was cleaning day.  He needed to find something to occupy his time while he waited for Shin Hye to get out of school.

He looked closely at the scrap of black silk Omma was holding up.  It looked suspiciously like Shin Hye's bra that had gone missing last time she was here. 

He wondered where they had found it.  Shin Hye had looked everywhere for it.

He took the bra out of his Omma's hand and inspected it.

"A slingshot?"  He suggested.

His omma leveled a no nonsense stare at him.

"Who does it belong to?"  Omma was not buying his smart aleck reply.

He checked the label.

"Not my size, so it's not mine."  He answered glibly.

Omma raised her brows in question.  She looked like she was about to say something, then decided against it.

"I should hope that you would know better then to wear a C cup, you don't have enough to fill this cup size." She told him in a haughty tone, before she turned around and headed back to his bedroom to oversee the rest of of the cleaning.

Min Ho chuckled.  He looked down at the scrap of black silk.  A sensual smile crossed his face as he remembered the night that it had gotten lost.

Oh …the dolls!

"Omma, there's no need to clean the other bedroom.  It's never used."  Min Ho shouted out as he rushed over to the second bedroom door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Watching his Omma as she packed away food in his fridge, Min Ho felt guilty for his glib reply earlier.  His only excuse was that she had caught him by surprise.  He usually didn't talk about his love life with his family. But seeing her lovingly taking care of him, he felt he owed her a proper explanation.

"Omma, can I come over for  dinner Friday?"  He asked.

His Omma turned around smiling her approval at him.

"Of course.  You don't need to ask.  It's your home too."  Omma replied before turning back to her task.

"I'd like to bring someone."  He added.

Omma turned around again.  She was curious, but she wasn't going to pry into his personal life.

He didn't know how much to tell her.  He hadn't discussed this with Shin Hye yet.  She might not be ready to meet his family.

"You'll like her."  He assured her.

"She makes you happy."  Omma said.   It wasn't a question. It was statement. 

"Yes.  She makes me very happy."  He nodded, smiling widely.

Omma nodded her approval and went back to her task.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Shin Hye was doing her homework at the dining room table.  She was getting nervous about school.  She had only been back at Uni for a week, but it had been  a struggle to get into the groove of school life again.  She had been away from her studies for almost two years.  Too long as it was.  And, she still had all her work commitments to finish up.

Last year, when she and Jun Oppa planned her activities for this year to fit in going back to school, they had underestimated the number of CF offers she would receive and they hadn't anticipate that she would be offered a role in a big production movie.  She should have deferred her studies again, but she was determined to finish up school.  She didn't want to have unfinished business left for too long.

Shin Hye hadn't anticipated the boyfriend factor in her plan for this year either.  In a addition to school and work, now she had to make time for a boyfriend. Dating had never interfered with her work or school schedule before because it was the lowest on the priority list for her.  Dating was usually casual.  Even at her loneliest, she didn't make dating a priority.  Lee Min Ho just snuck in and firmly established himself as one of her top priorities.

She could juggle one or two things at a time, but all four?  It will be a challenge for the next couple of months for sure. She wasn't much for multi-tasking, preferring to keep things simple.  But such is life.  The movie filming should be completed by the end of May to mid-June and the CFs obligations should slow down by the beginning of summer. She would have to manage and juggle her busy schedule until then at least.  She was just thankful for all she had.

She was very happy with her life right now.  Her career was taking off due to to all the hard work she had put in all these years. She had been patiently building her resume doing a variety different projects to expand her horizons. She was young.  She was pretty. She was the cute girl next door, but she was also the y girl next door. She was receiving a lot of CF offers due to the variety of images she could portray. The plan was to gradually transition from a young girl to a young woman to prepare for the next chapter in her career.  She was excited about the opportunities to come.

She hadn't plan on falling in love.  Certainly not head over heels in love with Lee Min Ho.  He wasn't her idea of boyfriend material.  She generally avoided dating fellow celebrities, especially co-stars. It was too complicated because of the public opinions and the anti sentiments.  She would rather date a non-celebrity, preferrably a fellow student. It was a safe choice in every way. No bad publicity, plus she didn't relish getting her heart broken again.

Looking back, she had always been attracted to Min Ho, just as he had been attracted to her 4 years ago.  She really was too young  back then. It was exciting, but safe to flirt knowing nothing would come of it beecause when their contract expired, they would separate and may never see each other again.  When they met up again for The Heirs, they naturally fell back into the attraction and flirtation, keeping it casual and fun.  Being in L.A. changed everything. They spent so much time together.  They really got to know each other.  They were able to work and play without public scrutiny.  She probably fell in love with him in LA, but hadn't realized it.

Being in love with Min Ho made her deliriously happy but it also made her anxious. It was actually scary to be this happy.  It was a gradual process, but once she gave in to her feelings for him, she did it whole-heartedly, the only thing holding her back was a small section of her brain that practiced caution.  She gave him her love, her loyalty, and her commitment.  He had the power to hurt her more than any other person in the world besides her parents.

Finishing up her last answer, Shin Hye powered down her laptop for the night.  Shin Hye picked up Choco and brought her over to the sofa where Min Ho was sitting.

She and Choco had hit it off right away.  It took her less than 5 minutes to charm Choco into being her friend. Choco basked in Shin Hye's attention the last two days.  She rushed to greet her when she came into the house and followed her everywhere she went, knowing she was going to be showered with treats and praise.

Min Ho looked up from the report he was reading and automatically opened up his arm to envelope her when she sat down on the sofa.  

Shin Hye settled Choco and relaxed against Min Ho's side.  She didn't want to disturb him while he was studying his schedule of act

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter