Life is Good

When Min Ho Met Shin Hye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho dropped her off at home after breakfast.  

Shin Hye was still thinking and smiling about her birthday weekend when she let herself into the house.  She didn't remember ever feeling this happy in her life. 

She didn't see her Omma waiting at the door until she saw Bongji and Nori.

"Omma.  You startled me." She placed her hand over her heart. It was pounding heavily in her chest.

"Shin Hye.  This is not proper.  I'm worried about you, my daughter."  She was uncomfortable and worried about the entire affair.

"Omma.  Please trust me."  Shin Hye hugged her Omma, comforting her.

"Omma, I'm sorry."  Sorry for putting her in this situation.  Sorry for making her worry. Sorry for not telling her who it was.

They already had this conversation. She told Omma that she was seeing someone but she wasn't ready to reveal who it was yet.  

Omma was rightfully upset at first, but she understood.  Over the years, instead of becoming more disapproving of Shin Hye, she had become more protective and supportive. She had accepted that Shin Hye was a grown woman who can make her own decisions. And because she was a celebrity, she couldn't afford a scandal.  She accepted it, but she didn't mean she was happy about it.

"I do trust you.  I just don't like this situation.  If you are spending the night with him, then you should consider marriage."  Omma hugged her back tightly.

"It's too early.  Please support me?"  Shin Hye pleaded.

They held each other, offering each other comfort.

"Let's eat.  You have an early appointment today."  Omma finally broke silence.

Shin Hye went upstairs to change her clothes and gather her things for her appointment today.  When she came back downstairs, the table was set.

"The matchmaking session has been setup."  Omma told her when she sat down.

"Omma.  Please.  I don't want to do this, not now."  Shin Hye pleaded.

Omma and Emo had been plotting this for awhile, she realized.  They had gone to a lot of trouble to do this for her.  She had to do this for them.  She sighed.

"It's already set up.  Just go.  What does it hurt?"  Omma smiled knowing Shin Hye would do as expected.

"He's very good looking and tall.  Very nice.  Good manners."  It wouldn't hurt for Shin Hye to meet men who were not celebrities.  It kept her grounded.

Shin Hye nodded, resigned to the fact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

She checked through her messages again, smiling at all the early birthday wishes. 

There were tons of birthday wishes, lots of offers for a meal or drinks together.  She was lucky to have such good friends.

This was the happiest time of her life. Her career was doing well.  She had a supportive family. She had good friends. And she was in love with a man who happens to also love her back.  Life was good.

She found the text from Geun Suk.  She needed to apologize for her drunk text.

Geun Suk:  Ya. Who are you calling an at 12:20  in the morning? Just for that, I'm not giving you your gift.

SH: Sorry Oppa. I was drunk texting. Why weren't your there?

Geun Suk text back 10 minutes later.

GS: Drunk texting? You were having that much fun without me? 

GS: I was in Japan. You dork.

SH: Not an excuse.

Oops.  She had forgotten that.

GS: You didn't need me there.  I heard that Lee Min Ho showed up. Are you replacing me?

SH: You know how it goes.  Out with the old. In with the new. 

SH: You must not know about me. I can have another you by tomorrow. So don't you ever for a second start to thinkin' you're irreplaceable.

GS:  lol...You brat.

SH:  Omma thinks he's hot.

GS: Aigoo. I need to visit and have a talk with mother in law. She mustn't be fickled like her daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

 

"How are you?"  Shin Hye looked at her lunch companion with sympathy.

"I'm fine." Woo bin replied.

"Really?"  He looked tired. These days, he was very much in demand for photoshoots and he was starting another movie role soon. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter