That's What Friends Are For

When Min Ho Met Shin Hye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye roused herself from her short nap to check the time on her phone.

"I have to leave soon."  She murmured, then laid her head back down onto Min Ho's shoulder to burrow herself once again into the warmth of his body.

"Eo."  Min Ho responded without opening his eyes.  Feeling Shin Hye pressing herself against his side, his arm tightened around her to help her get closer.  She was so soft and warm as she cuddled up to him.

"I have to get up."  She murmured again, but didn't make a move.  If anything, she burrowed deeper.

"Why?"  He didn't want her to get up.  He didn't want her to move. He loved just relaxing and napping on the sofa with Shin Hye snuggling at his side.

They had spent the afternoon together.   One of his rare days off. After gorging themselves at dinner, they had both plopped down on the sofa to just snuggle and talk quietly, catching up and looking ahead.  Some time during the talk, they fell asleep in each other's arms.

It had been a long time since they had spent a lazy day together like today. To just hang out all the day and just enjoy each other.   He liked spending quiet time with her, steeped in her presence, letting it permeate his senses. Soothing him.  Energizing him.

"Il Woo is coming over."  Shin Hye reminded him.

He regretted inviting Il Woo over.   Maybe he should just call and cancel.

"Don't even think about it."  Shin Hye shifted so her head was next to his on the backrest of the sofa.

"Wae?"  He tried pulling her back, wanting her pressed fully against him.

Did he fall asleep and miss something? What wasn't he not allowed to think about?

"You cannot call and cancel on Il Woo."  She told him.

He turned his head towards her and opened his slumberous eyes to just tiny slits.

"When did you start reading minds?"  He smiled at her.

"It's a new skill I've been working on so you better watch out." She smiled back.

"What am I thinking now?"  He opened his eyes wider and leered at her.

She squinted an eye and pretended to read his mind.

"No.  If we start making out, I will not be leaving here in time."

She started to scoot away, but he grabbed her hand, pulling her back to his side.

"Don't go."

"Stay.  Il Woo won't mind.  He'll like you.  You're just like one of the g...."  He didn't finish.  He knew he shouldn't have said the last part when he saw her eyes narrow. Sensitive issue right now.

"Finish."  Shin Hye demanded.

"Nothing."  He wasn't going to step in that one.

"One of the guys?"  She finished for him.

He refused to acknowledge it.  It was a sensitive subject with Shin Hye right now and he valued his life too much.

She nudged him and tried to pull away but he wouldn't let her.

Sighing he gave in.

"Yes."  But before he could qualify his yes,  she was up and straddling him.  Both hands in his hair, tugging gently.

"You are going to die a slow and painful death for saying that."  She gave him the evil eyes.

"I have several methods of torture in mind."  She informed him.

He grinned, he couldn't help it.  He loved Shin Hye's torture.  It was slow and it could be excruciatingly painful, but it was completely satisfying at the end.

"Ow.  You evil woman." He yelped as she yanked his hair hard.

"You didn't let me finish. I think it's great.  You're comfortable to be around.  Guys like you because we don't have to always be on guard and watch our mouths around you.  You have that certain charisma."

Shin Hye snorted.  He didn't get it.  He was such a guy.  Being one of the guys was a myth.  They are so comfortable around you that they forget you are a young, desirable woman.

She checked her watch again.  She really needed to go.

"I don't want to stay.  You need to spend time with your friends.  Stop being a hermit.  Take advantage of your free time."  She already felt guilty that he had to take time from his family to spend with her.

"I am taking advantage of my free time. I'm spending it with you."  Choosing to spend his precious free time with her was an admission of love.

She took his face between her hands.

"I love you too."  She told him before raining soft kisses on his slightly parted lips, kissing him leisurely while he basked in her adoration, glad he said the right thing to make up for his earlier gaffe.

Then she quick as a fox, she jumped off the sofa.

"What?  You can't leave me like this?"  He sat up and frowned at her.  They were just getting to the good part.

"Like what."  Shin Hye had to bite on her lip to keep from laughing at his confused expression.

"You can’t just kiss me like that then take off."  He complained.

"It was just a kiss."  She took a step back to get out of his reach.

"Just a kiss?"  A glint of fire appeared in his eyes.

He was off the couch in less than a second.

She hadn't stepped back far enough.

He picked her up and sat back down with her on his lap.

"Just a kiss."  He smirked.

He tickled her as punishment.

"It was just a kiss."  She giggled, playfully slapping his hands away.

"It would be different if I  kissed you like this."  She framed his face and pulled him down for another kiss.  This time her tongue swept in and found his, tagging, teasing, playing with him.

His hand found its way inside her shirt as he kissed her back.

The buzzing at the door broke through their impromptu make out session.

Shin Hye pushed back lightly and checked her watch.

"You said, he was coming at 9:00 o'clock.  It's only 8:30."  She accused him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter