Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Love Truly

When Min Ho Met Shin Hye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt good to be home, back in Korea, back in his own house.  

They had returned from Bali early this morning.  After dropping his sister off and spending some time with his family, he was finally home. 

Min Ho looked around knowing he wouldn't see Shin Hye, but hoping he would.  He felt a small stab of disappointment when he didn't feel her presence.

He was well rested.  He grudgingly admitted that the agency was right for sending him on that break. The time away, especially with his sister, helped him gain perspective about work and life.  He needed to find a balance.

He walked into his bedroom and stopped short.  He smiled at the sight. Then his smile turned into a lighthearted chuckle.

There were 2 life sized blow up dolls on the bed.  The male doll, with a rather exaggerated nose, was leaning against the headboard.  The female doll, with an exxagerated bosom,  was seated at the foot of the bed, supported by a stack of pillows.  There were a couple of rolled up ball of socks next to the male doll. The female doll was surrounded by four times as many balls of socks.  He didn't even know he had that many pairs of socks.

He cracked up. No. Shin Hye wasn't there, but she made her presence felt.

He had missed her this last week. Even when he was angry, he missed her. He missed her laughter.  He missed their banter.

He wasn't angry anymore.  He was still hurt that she went on matchmaking session and that she didn't tell him. She had some explaining to do, but he was willing to listen to her.

He recalled his sister's opinion and her advice to back off and give Shin Hye some space.

He had rushed Shin Hye into this relationship.  He did it because he was afraid of losing her.  She originally wanted 2 months away to rediscover herself.  He only gave her one month.  He was afraid to she would talk herself out of the relationship if he left it too long.  He had expected too much too soon from her.

He didn't always know where he stood with Shin Hye. He was unsure of her, which in turn, made him possessive and jealous.  It frustrated him how aloof and detached she could be.  She could be sweet and loving one minute and then completely tune him out when she was busy.  

This was a completely new feeling for him.  It was usually the other way around. He usually had women calling him, texting him, doing anything to get his attention.  It was annoying at times, especially when he was busy, but it was their attempt to make a connection, to let him know they were thinking about him. That made him feel good.  

With Shin Hye, except for the good night texts she always sent when he was out of the country, she sporadically sent texts or called.  She didn't text of call without a reason.  He usually ended up calling her because he missed her, missed hearing her voice.

If it wasn't for her texts each night while he was away, he wouldn't think she cared or bothered to miss him. 

He pulled out his phone to check his schedule then compared it to her schedule. They were both booked until the 11th of the month.  There was no way he could wait that long.  He threw his phone on the bed in frustration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Shin Hye debated going over to Min Ho's house after school today.  She knew he was back.  He came back yesterday. She didn't know if she was ready. But after checking their respective calendars, she couldn't afford to wait.  He was headed to China again. So she headed to Min Ho's house.

She thought back to their phone conversation when she was on Jeju-do.  That gave her a boost of courage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeju-do, Friday night.

After coming in from her walk with Sae Mi, they hung out and partied into the night.

Somewhere around midnight, she remembered that she hadn't sent a good night text to Min Ho. Since it was late and somewhere in her inebriated mind it was a good idea, she decided to call him.  He didn't answer.  The call went to his voicemail, so she left him a message.

"So when are we going to be parents?" He asked when he called back 15 minutes later.

"You called."  She said.  She didn't know if she should be glad or sad that he called on such a flimsy excuse.

"Dang it!  I owe Sae Mi 100 won." She muttered.

"You bet her that I would call?"  He was insulted.

"No.  She bet me, that you would call if I said that."  She replied.

"How could you fall for that?" She accused him.

"I didn't.  It was an excuse to call you." He gave up.  He could tell she was a little drunk.  Her speech was slow.

"Dang it!"  She muttered again.

"Wae?"

"That's what she said too." Shin Hye sighed. "I owe her another 100 won."

"You need to stop making dumb bets." He advised.

"I didn't think you would be dumb enough to fall for it." She accused again.

"Apparently I'm a er when it comes to you." He was resigned to the fact that she could lead him around by the nose.

"Oppa.  I'm sorry.  I will never do that again. I didn't do it on purpose  I never meant to hurt you."  She rushed her words out now that she had the opportunity.

There was moment of silence as she waited anxiously for his response.

"I know." He told her. "You wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone."

"I love you and I hate myself for causing you any pain.  I don't know what else to say or to do to make you believe me."  Shin Hye pressed on hoping he would forgive her or tell her what she needed to do to earn his forgiveness.

There was another moment of silence.  She anxiously waited again.

"I believe you. We'll work it out when I get back." Came his reply.  He sounded tired.

She was disappointed that he didn't say he loved her too.  She deserved it, she guess. But it hurts.  She felt her eyes starting to tear up and bit the inside of her lower lips to keep from crying.

"How's your vacation?"  She asked not wanting him to hang up just yet.

"It's good.  My sister came along."

"Oh.  That's nice."

He seemed so distant. Her heart ached. This was worse than him not responding to her text messages.

"Shin Hye, have fun with your friends.  I'll see you when I get back."  He was tired.  He had a lot of thinking to do.

"Okay."

"Shin Hye.  I love you too."  He said in a quiet voice.

Then he hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Shin Hye checked the caller ID on her phone.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"  He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter