Settling In

When Min Ho Met Shin Hye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shin Hye-ah, I'm home."  Min Ho called out as he walked into the house. 

He had been surprised when she sent him a text telling him that she was going to his house and cooking him dinner.  Even though he had given her a key to his home, she rarely came over when he wasn't home.  It was another turning point in their relationship that she was comfortable going to his house by herself to cook dinner for him.

He could smell the aroma of home cooked food as he walked by the dining room.  It smelled delicious.  He hadn't realized how hungry he was until now.  He'd been shooting Kyochon CF for most of the day, so all he could smell was fried chicken, which had effectively ruined his appetite. He can't recall what he had eaten today.

He headed for the bedroom still seeking Shin Hye. He smelled himself again.  He reeked of fried chicken.  He desperately needed a shower.

He could hear the shower water running as he stepped through the bedroom door.  A sly smile played on his lips as his steps quickened towards the bathroom. Unfortunately, the water turned off before he made it.

Maybe he could talk her into taking another shower...with him this time, he thought as he opened the door.

"Oppa. You're home."  Shin Hye looked up, startled.  She had just finished wrapping the towel around her body when he opened the bathroom door suddenly. She hadn't expected him back so soon.

They both took a step towards each other, meeting halfway.  Coming on to her tiptoes, she kissed him on the cheek.

"I don't suppose I could talk you into taking another shower?"  He asked hopefully as he wrapped his arms around her to prevent her from moving away too soon.

"Nope."  Shin Hye laughed up at him.

"Wae?"  He pouted letting her see his disappointment.

"I have to get dinner on the table."  She told him, backing up out of his reach before he decided to take matters into his own hands. Showers were so intimate, she felt shy thinking of it. 

"Okay.  But maybe one day?"  Min Ho asked hopefully still pouting.

"Maybe."  She chuckled, sticking her tongue at him.

"Give me 10 minutes."  He swatted her bottom as she sashayed around him on her way out.

In the bedroom, Shin Hye snatched one of his shirts from the closet.  She held it up to her face and inhaled his scent from the shirt before putting it on. She was becoming sentimental, she thought, shaking her head.  It's probably the knowledge that after tonight, she won't be seeing him for awhile.  Two weeks to be exact. She was going to miss him so much. 

She shook her head again at her mushy thoughts.  She just needed to find things to occupy her days and time will go by quicker.

 ```````````````````````````````````````````

 

Min Ho felt refreshed from his shower.  He pulled on some sweats and a tshirt then went in search of Shin Hye and dinner.

"You missed a great time in the shower."  He told her when he found her in the kitchen. 

"Oh darn!  I hate missing a great time."  Shin Hye pretended to be disappointed. "What did I miss?"

"Me."  He grinned lecherously.  He rolled his hips.  "My dance moves."

Shin Hye laughed out loud at his move.

"ert." Shin Hye accused.  This had become her favorite term of endearment lately.

"Did you know?  Sharing a shower saves water."  He grinned at her.

"As good citizens, we should do our part to save the planet."  He added with a virtuous look on his face.

"I didn't know that."  She laughed.  "And here, I really want to be a good citizen, too."

Min Ho smiled at her tenderly. He loved making her laugh.  Shin Hye laughed with her whole being.  It filled the hollow space inside him.

"What do you need me to do?" He offered, seeing her pick up a large plate.

"You can go sit down and look pretty.  This is the last dish."  Shin Hye ushered him out of the kitchen.

"I like this."  He told her as he sat down at the table.

"What?"  Shin Hye asked as she placed the plate down.

"Coming home to you after work,  to a home cooked meal." He smiled.

She smiled softly back at him.  She liked it too.  She liked taking care of him.

"My woman serving me." He added impishly  and leaned back in his chair like a satisfied king to get a rise out of her.

"Chauvinist."  She scrunched her nose and hit his arm.

"How was your day?"  She asked when she sat down so that they could begin eating.

"Good.  But I smelled like fried chicken all day.  Did you notice?"  He made a face. He could still smell it now, even after his shower.  Maybe it was greased up in his hair.

"Aaah. Was that what the smell was?"  Shin Hye nodded finally understanding.

"I thought it was a new cologne you were wearing.  I didn't want to say anything in case I hurt your feelings."  She wisecracked.

He sniggered.  How did he end up with such a smart aleck as a girlfriend?  Lucky, he guessed.

"How was your commercial filming today?"  He asked, returning the courtesy.

"Not smelly.  Thank goodness."  She quipped humorously.

He chuckled at her quick wit.  

"It was fun.  Since it was a bedroom sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter