Quiet Spaces

When Min Ho Met Shin Hye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're really doing this?"  Min Ho whined as they passed the city limits sign indicating that they had just left Seoul.  He turned skeptical eyes to Shin Hye, who was in the driver seat.

"Yes."  Shin Hye took her eyes off the road briefly to look at him.  He was really too much, such a child.  He had been whining on and off since they left his house an hour ago.

"You said we could do anything I want to do today."  She reminded him then turned her eyes back to the road.

"Yeah. But I was thinking something lazier and warmer than this.  A lot lazier and warmer. Like being at home...in bed..." 

"We already did that."  She replied quickly, cutting him off.  She's beginning to think that maybe they should have just stayed at home.  He was tired and just being plain grumpy.

"You didn't let me finish.  In bed, watching a movie."  He continued, changing his reply to .

"Shin Hye-ya.  You need to stop having erted thoughts all the time."  He grinned at her profile.  She was annoyed with him.

"Are you blushing?"  He asked seeing the light red coloring cross her face.

"No."  She retorted not daring to look at him.

"Yes.  You are."  He was amused at her sudden shyness.  He loved it.  

He had enjoyed their naughty conversations and flirty text messages this last couple of weeks. He was able to twist her text messages around and respond with a y texts. He could imagine her rolling her eyes and her smothered laugh at his outrageous messages.  After a few such messages, Shin Hye got into the spirit of things and sent her own flirty messages in response to his.  It was always subtle and witty, always making him smile.

"I was that good, huh?"  He provoked her when she didn't say anything.  She was so prim and proper most of the time, but when she was in his arms, she turned into a sensual goddess.

"Oh.  Like I wasn't?"  She shot back, slanting her eyes at him.  He was altogether too smug about his appeal. He needed to be taken down a notch.  She didn't  know how.  She had a hard time controlling her responses to him.

"Uh-huh.  You were definitely right there with me." Min Ho acknowledged, giving her a wink before pulling his cap back over his eyes.

He laid his head back on the headrest with a self satisfied smile on his face. Their passion was perfectly matched. He couldn't hold back with her and she couldn't hold back with him, especially after being deprived of each other for two weeks.

He had just flew in from Japan this morning fresh off his Japanese FMs. The last two weeks, he had flown in and out of three different countries for work and fan meets. He was finally staying put in Korea for a while.  He  was still busy, but at least he was in his own home and sleeping in own bed.  His mind immediately drifted back to earlier. Two long weeks deprived of Shin Hye's presence, their reunion earlier was tumultuous.

"Stop it."  Shin Hye admonished him. She had seen the wide self satisfied smile on his face when he laid back in the seat.She could tell what he was thinking.  

"Stop whatever you are thinking.  You are such a ert."  She accused him.

"You know? You've been saying that a lot lately.  I think it has become an endearment.  I think you like it when I'm a ert."  He returned seductively.  He was still leaning back in his chair with the cap over his eyes, but his smile got even wider.

She couldn't say anything in defense since it was so true.  It was thrilling to know how much she could affect him, how quickly she could turn him on.  And yes, she did like it when he got all y.

"Just close your eyes and sleep.  I'll wake you when we get there."  She told him and returned her attention to the highway.  It will be over an hour before they reached their destination.

After a little while, she glanced over to see that he did take her advice and slept.  Good.  He needed to sleep.  He had trouble sleeping when he was traveling but apparently she could put him to sleep.  Should she be offended?  A tender smile touched her lips before she turned her attention back to the road.  No. She was pleased of her affect on him.

They were going camping, just for the day, since tomorrow was a work day.  She was looking forward to being out in nature surrounded by wide open spaces.

Spring was finally here. The weather was getting warmer.  The winter sky was giving way to cloudy blue skies and more sunshine.  She was tired of being cooped up indoors.  She wanted to be outdoors and active.  She wished that they could take their bikes out and ride along the trails of the Han or go hiking up one of the mountain trails or even just picnicking in the park, like normal couples.  But they couldn't do that,  so she settled for camping in a secluded place a little further out of town.

Because of the pressures and stress due to their status and fame, they needed a quiet space to rest, relax, and recharge.  The great outdoors was a natural healing space for the mind and body.  The serene sounds of nature had been proven to reduce stress levels.  Natural sunlight boosts moods and helps strengthens the immune system. Scenic views of green vistas, a lazy river, or the sun setting over the horizon provided the perfect setting to practice mindfulness.

And because they had chosen to live in the moment, to take on the extra pressure of dating in private, they also needed this time alone to reconnect, to be in love, to feel secure in each other.

While her schedule was not anywhere near his in terms of workload, she was still very busy by normal standards.  The shooting schedule for her movie was tightening, requiring long hours into the night now.  She had a couple of new commercials coming up.  But right now, school was causing her the most problems. Her last essay assignment had been a wake up call.  The professor could tell that she hadn't put as much effort into as it deserved.  She was a senior now, the classes and homework load was more challenging and she had not risen completely to the challenge. She had to focus more on school and her grades. She needed to start participating in more study groups so that they could help her with her upcoming thesis. 

Shin Hye glanced over at Min Ho's sleeping form again.  Somehow she'll have to make it all work.  He was important to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

When they arrived at the campsite, Shin Hye found a secluded place by the river and parked the minivan.  They worked in unison to unload the camping equipment.  He set up the tent and grill while she laid out the eating area.  She spread a blanket on the ground and placed two small folding chairs and a short table behind it.  She placed a cooler and picnic basket close at hand.   She even brought a small flower arrangement for the table.  

Min Ho watched her dotingly as she arranged and rearranged everything to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter