To The Fullest - 4

To Turn Lies True

"Does it hurt?" 

"J-just a little..."

"Sorry, I'll try to be gentler..." he said, though he was already being extremely gentle. I just smiled slightly and let him do what he was doing, which was cleaning the cut on my cheek. He had insisted that if we didn't clean it properly it would get bad. Apparently, he knew "by experience" that if you let these wounds be, they left scars. I didn't dare ask what that "experience" was; he had promised to tell me everything next morning, I would ask then. 

"Here, it's done." he said when he finally covered the wound and smiled at me. "How does it feel?" 

"Well, it doesn't hurt at all." I mumbled. He chuckled and played with the ends of my hair. 

"That's a good thing. It's taken care of expertly so I'll assume it'll heal without a trace." he winked at me. It made me laugh. 

"Expertly, I see, thank you." I chuckled. 

"Aren't you tired?" he asked, looking curious. I blinked at the sudden question and looked down at my body, to see if I was tired, which showed the state of mind I was in, actually. I felt battered; I felt like a truck had run over me, both physically and mentally. My legs felt like jelly and I wasn't even sure if they'd carry my weight if I tried to walk. I also wanted to avoid every possible trouble that could come at me today. But I hadn't noticed any of those before he pointed it out, again. True, I was sitting on the bed so I didn't really need to use my legs so it was quite easy to ignore I was tired; but it was also that him, his voice, his smile; it all effortlessly just made everything go away. Was there any way I could deny it any longer? While being so stupidly in love, was it even possible to ignore it anymore? I didn't think so. 

"I am, actually..." I mumbled and looked up at him. He smiled gently at me and my hair. 

"Should we go to sleep? It's been hard on you today." he said softly. 

"Yeah it hasn't been a very lucky day since morning...." I said, then stopped abruptly. He frowned. 

"What happened?" he asked. I groaned and facepalmed. 

"I have work tomorrow morning, my free day is sunday, not tomorrow. Just... perfect!" I groaned. Luhan sighed in relief. 

"I thought it was something worse, sheesh! You can just call in sick, you know? If you won't at a time like this, when will you?" he said. I shook my head and sighed. 

"I could do that, but..." 

"Just call in sick when we wake up tomorrow, yeah? No buts. Or else I won't be able to tell you anything because I need to tell you tomorrow. If you're not with me tomorrow then you're not learning anything." he said. I looked at him with disbelief. 

"Are you messing with me?" 

"Well what I said is legitimate, you can't deny that; but yeah I am." he grinned, then he whined. "Come on, it's just a day off! Yeah? Pretty please, with cherry on top??" 

I could only resist for seconds again at that face. "Fine, you win! It's probably better for me too." 

"Great! You'll take the bed, I'm gonna prepare myself some place to sleep." he said and got up from the bed after again giving me a kiss on the cheek. Damn, I was already starting to get used to this. I watched him start gathering the blankets for a short while.

"Hey, Luhan... can't you just sleep with me tonight?" I asked suddenly, before I could even think. He froze instantly, then he turned his head to me.

"Umm... say that again?" he said slowly. I felt myself blushing at his reaction. Maybe it was a bit too much to ask? 

"I mean, just for this once? It's cold and I've been cold a lot today and you're warm... I also feel safer with you close by. And you'll also sleep more comfortably that way, right? It's win-win, so can't we just sleep together?" I asked again. He looked down as if he was thinking, let go of the blankets and straightened himself. He sighed and smiled, then he chuckled. 

"Can... can I, really?" he looked at me with pure happines in his eyes. It could make me tear up, it was so beautiful. I wanted to keep that smile on his face forever. I could do anything for that. 

"Yeah, of course!" I said and opened my arms. He laughed a little and jumped onto the bed to hug me. 

"I'll keep you sooooo warm." he whispered. I had to bite my lips not to shiver. I knew he meant nothing by that; but tell that to my stupid heart. 

"Yeah, take responsibility since your pajamas don't fit me at all!" I joked. 

"Yah!" he said and pulled me down onto the bed with him. He fought with the blankets for short until we were finally properly covered by them, then pulled me into his chest and pulled the covers over our heads. "I'm a very responsible person, alright?" 

It was dark. The blankets blocked the light coming from the only lamp inside and it made everywhere pitch black. I couldn't see a thing. I could feel my heart start to race and my blood rush to my head, it felt like the air I drew in wasn't enough. I never was one to fear dark or closed spaces; but right now, I couldn't even bear with it for a minute. I tried to swallow with how dry my mouth had become. 

"Uhhmm Luhan... can we please..." I stuttered and pulled at the blankets. He instantly pulled them down, I breathed a sigh of relief when I could see again. The first thing I saw was, though, Luhan's face full of worry. "I'm sorry, I couldn't handle the dark just now..." 

"It's okay, I'm sorry, I won't do that again." he said softly and cuddled me close. I closed my eyes and snuggled up to him slightly, again I let his hold ease all my troubles and fears. In his arms was safe. 

"It's okay, no need to apologize." I mumbled with a smile on my lips. I felt him nuzzle the top of my head, I could feel his breath in my hair as he started to play with my hair. I instinctively snuggled up to him more.

"I have a lot to apologize for..." he mumbled quietly, more to himself than me. I didn't ask what they were, I would ask tomorrow. 

"Hey... can you sing for me?" I asked without moving from my comfortable place. I had happened to hear him sing to himself once and it sounded pretty, I wanted to hear him sing once more. Maybe some sound as I slept would be nice, I didn't want to be wrapped up in the silence.. There was no answer from him for a while; but then he took in a deep breath and started singing a lullaby I was only a little familiar with. 

It was angelic. His voice was really beautiful and soothing. It made me warm and fuzzy inside and put an unconscious smile on my face as I pulled myself closer to his warmth and safety. I felt him plant a kiss on my top and cuddle me tighter as he kept singing. I didn't try to keep my eyes open, I probably would fail even if I tried. I just let myself drift off to the magical sound of his song. I was mostly asleep when his song finished; but if it wasn't me dreaming already, I could swear I felt a pair of soft, sweet, plush warmth on my lips before my consciousness slipped away completely. 

I didn't see any dreams that night. 

When I woke up, I had no idea what time it was or how long I had slept. The basement of course had no windows and it was still a single light illuminating the room. I was still covered by the blankets, though the sweater had slid up my legs as I slept and now covered only down to my hips. Nobody would see, who was there to see but Luhan anyways? And apparently he was still in the bed, I could feel his warmth at my back and his breath in my hair... it made me shudder and blush slightly; he was sleeping so soundly yet he still managed to spoon me in my sleep. The fabric of his pajamas tickled my thighs when I shifted slightly. I only wanted to turn around and look at him; but even this slight movement seemed to wake him up as he purred and pulled his arms away. 

"mmh... Seonmi?" he said with a purring morning voice. I turned around slowly and sleepily. First thing I saw was his eyes puffy from sleep and the drowsy small smile he was offering me. "Morning." 

"Morning... I guess? What time is it?" I said. He stopped trying to keep his puffy eyes open and started clawing at the bed behind himself, hunting for something. Then he lay on his back and raised the phone in his hand to eye level and pushed a random button. 

"...Half past then, been sleeping for a while it seems... hehe, I haven't slept this good in a while." he admitted with a shy smile. 

"Yeah, me neither." despite everything, I added in my mind. He stretched like a cat and yawned, then sat up straight in the bed. 

"Wanna get something to eat?" he asked, looking down at me. 

"You can cook in here?" I raised my brows. 

"No, but we can't stay here forever now, can we?" he chuckled, "We should get up and get going, my dad's probably quite pissed." 

"Your dad... I though you were an orphan?" I frowned in confusion. He grimaced slightly and scratched the back of his head, looking troubled.

"Yeah, well, that was kind of, you know, uh... a lie." he smiled apologetically at me. "I'm sorry." 

"It's alright, I assume?" I said, still confused, "It seems you have a lot to tell me, if you wanna tell me everything at all."

"I promised, didn't I?" he said. I sat up in the bed. 

"We should get going before we infuriate your father further, then." I said. I fixed the sweater to cover my legs once more and got up from the bed. "You said that was toilet, right?" 

"Yeah, and there should be spare brushes in the cupboard, you can use anything you need in there." Luhan said. 

"And the light is..?" I asked, pushing the toilet door open slightly. 

"To your left." he said. I patted the wall looking for a button, but all I came across was another thin rope. The little toilet lighted up when I pulled at it, though, so it was fine. 

"Thanks." I said and closed the door after myself. Inside was a little stinky; but still as clean as a toilet in the basement possibly could be. It even had a proper mirror! After doing the usual morning rituals, I checked myself in the mirror for a while. Except for the large band-aid on my cheek, I looked quite fine and well-rested. I brushed my messy hair with a brush that was still in its package, when I decided it looked presentable enough, I left the tiny space. I didn't want to stay in there longer than necessary. 

When I returned inside, I saw the basement door was open and Luhan was nowhere to be seen. I poked my head out; but saw no trace of him. Surely he wouldn't leave just like that, right? I decided to wait for him a little, at least. To keep myself busy with something, I went to where my wet clothes were and felt at them. Good, they weren't wet anymore, so it meant I could wear them as we went out of here. Since Luhan wasn't around, I picked up my clothes, went to the corner of the room again and started quickly changing. I was just done when I heart footsteps coming from outside. Soon, Luhan entered the basement again. 

"You done already?" he said, when he saw I was dressed up and all I nodded. 

"Yeah, while you were gone I changed too." I said. 

"Okay, lemme get ready too and we can go." he said and started picking up stuff from boxes again. 

"Where did you go just now?" I asked. 

"To call my dad. As I said, he was quite pissed; but it's fine." he said, picking up the clothes he gathered in his arms and walking towards the toilet. 

"How can him be pissed be fine?" I asked, doubtedly. 

"Welp." he turned to smile at me playfully, "He's just pissed, not furious." 

I blinked in surprise at his reply and he closed the door after him. Just pissed, not furious... surely I wouldn't wanna be in the diameter of ten kilometers around his father when he was "furious" it seemed. 

I sat around waiting for Luhan until he got out and he didn't take long.

"Damn, it really stinks in there... should we get going?" he said after grabbing his wallet and phone. Doing the same, I grabbed my bag. 

"Yes, please." I said. He reached his hand out to me, I went next to him to hold his hand; but he avoided my hand and instead wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Since when were we so close?

...and since when did he not call me noona? Not that I was complaining... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANOTHER UPDATEEEE!! OMG i am writing so quickly again, i'm so touched :'D hope you liked this chappy, please do comment, thank you <3 

oh oh oh, also, people who have bothered to comment up till now, i really wanna hear your ultimate biases - except jaejoong and luhan ofc xD there's a certain person i'm really curious about who their third ultimate bias is, i'll be waiting *^*