Extraordinary - 3

To Turn Lies True

"Do you have a club or something? For superpower people like you." I asked. Sehun seemed more than sorry to have ever let me in on his little secret; because every time I had a chance, I went to him and rained stupid questions on him, like, right now. 

"No, of course not. I don't know anyone who can do anything such as this except Donghae." he said, exasperatedly. 

"It could even be a family thing, you know; like, you and Hae are relatives by blood, right? Even though not brothers or something-"

"No I don't think it's that and no I don't really wonder what this is about - Yeonhee, can you please stop making this such a big deal?" he sighed and turned to me. 

"Oh Sehun, can you please stop making it seem like it is not? Because, hello! Superpowers?" I waved my hand in front of his face. He grimaced and grabbed my hand to stop me. 

"I've had them ever since I was seven." he said.

"I've learned about them just last week so it's new for me. I wonder what your girlfriend would say to you holding my hand like this..." I smirked teasingly. He pulled his hand like he was zapped. I sighed deeply. "You know, if she bothers you this much, there's something wrong with it." 

"There's nothing wrong with it, stop speking ill of her." he grunted and sped up. I had to run to catch up to him. 

"I'm not speaking ill this time, I promise! Hey, I know you've had some problems this past week, it doesn't matter if you tell me or not I can just sense it. You seem more and more grumpy every day and I don't like seeing you so troubled, you know? So if it's something I can help with I don't give a damn if I can like her or not, just let me help." I said quickly. He sighed again and slowed down again so I could match his pace easily. 

"I don't think you could help; but I appreciate the thought." he said simply.

"I do think I can help, it seems like she's jealous of everyone around you. I was only teasing you just now and you actually acted like my hand zapped you, I don't think that's quite normal considering for how long we've been friends." I said. He looked away from me. 

"You never stop, do you?" he slumped his shoulders. I smiled cheerfully even though I knew he wouldn't see me. 

"You know me." I shrugged. 

"Well let's say it's just some small trouble between lovers. She's been getting overly jealous of everything lately and it's bothersome; but we'll get over it so no problem there." he gave me a reassuring smile. 

"Ohh..." I nodded, then chuckled. "Well that much was obvious, if I don't have a lightning power I don't know of. You better tell me if she does something to upset you, I'll just-"

"Ahahaha sure I'll absolutely tell you nothing." he reached and messed my hair. I jumped out of his reach. 

"What do you think you're doing, jeez!" I whined and fixed it back. 

"Well I'm going to work now so I'll see you later." he said and sped up again. The school had ended and I'd caught him leaving the grounds. His girlfriend was absent today - if she wasn't I'd never catch him alone - and he had his part-time job at a coffee shop. I liked hanging out there, mostly because of everyone working... cough, the coffee, I mean. 

"Say hi to your pretty colleagues for me!" I stopped and called after him, "And introduce me to them already will you!" 

"Yeah yeah, in your dreams!" he laughed as he disappeared. Oh I so hated this side of him. When he was friends with them it was all so fine; but when it came to me meeting them or getting anywhere close, they weren't good enough for me. Overprotective friend syndome, blegh! But I also had the ability to find my own boyfriend, so it was alright.

I went to the club room after seeing Sehun leave. I was in the literature club and we had a meeting today. We needed to put together a review about all the books our literature teachers recommended to everyone in the school. Most of the school thought they were useless and if our review stated the same, they would change the whole list. It was a great opportunity so we would be working hard. When I arrived at the club room, though, they were about to leave. 

"Oh, great! You came." Minhyuk pushed two books into my arms before I even understood what was going on. "I didn't want to carry these around all day. You will be working on these two books, we're dismissed for today and that's all." 

"Eh, what? That was quick..." I said, looking at the books in my arms. 

"Well to discuss anything we need to have some material in our hands. Next week we'll gather again. See you then." he smiled cutely as he always did, fixed his black horn rimmed glasses and walked away. I sighed. I could have been going home now, I had waited for an absolute nothing. Great. Well at least it wasn't that late. 

I put the books in my backpack and walked out of the school gates. Normally I'd take the bus; but the weather was quite nice and I wanted to watch the displays of the shops on the way home. It wasn't like I could buy them until the seasonal sales started; but I could at least dream. And the displays were always so attractive. Sometimes I wanted to get a part time job just to be able to get all those lovely shirts I fell for at first sight; but I always got lazy. I would still wait for the seasonal sales even if I had a job anyways. 

When I walked right into a giant object that I swear wasn't there one second before, I was a bit too fixated on the displays to watch my way. And of course, I had to fall right on my with an embarrassing yelp. 

"Oh- sorry I wasn't paying attention, are you alright?" a voice spoke right above me with a heavy accent as I was trying to recover from the fall. I was planning to apologize as I was standing up; but oh well, since he had first, I could just go with it. 

"No it's alright, I was distracted myself." I said, looking up to find a hand offered to me. 

"Are you okay?" the owner of the hand said. He had bleached strawberry blonde hair, sparkling brown eyes and the focus of his face was on his thick, very plush looking rose colored lips. I blinked a few times to clear my vision, it wasn't always that you saw such people walking around. 

"Uhm, are you hurt?" he asked again with that same heavy accent that actually made my heart skip a beat this time.

"Ah, no, I think I'm fine." I smiled, taking the hand that was still offered to me. He pulled me to my feet like I was a kid and balanced me by my shoulders when I staggered slightly. 

"Are you sure?" he asked worriedly. I nodded.

"I'm okay, thank you very much." I said. He picked up my backpack and handed it to me. I took it and hung it on my shoulder. "You sound like you're not from here?" 

"Oh is it obvious? I just arrived here from Canada." he said with a smile. 

"Do you know your way around?" I asked. He nodded. 

"I'm not lost." he said. I smiled. 

"Okay then. Enjoy your stay." I said. I'd have liked to speak more to him; but he didn't seem like he was interested. I didn't want to look like some sort of weirdo either. 

"Thank you." he shot me a pretty smile and I started walking away. Well, that was definitely the best part of my day, I could say. It was like a movie; running into a random stranger at a street, they would help you up and they would be stunning. And this one was even a foreigner! But I wasn't quite brave enough as the movie stars so I would just keep a conversation with a random stranger I had seen on the road. I just dreamed on it walking down the road with a stupid smile on my face. 

"Miss! Miss!" I heard the same voice from just now calling. First I thought I was hearing things; but when I heard it again I stopped in my tracks and turned around. The same stunning stranger was running towards me. Confused as hell, I waited for him.

"What happened?" I asked. He held out a phone that was suspiciously familiar...

"I was looking at the displays, this started ringing. Is this yours?" he asked. Oh .

"Oh god, did I drop this??" I took the phone and unlocked it. "I never noticed! Thank you so much, you really saved me!" 

"It's no problem." he smiled beautifully again. Okay, now this was truly like a movie and my gut was screaming at me not to be a wimp. Well... what could happen? At worst he'd think I'm a weirdo. 

"I'm really careless. I'd be in big trouble if you'd just left it there... I'm really indebted to you, would you mind if I treated you to a coffee or something as a thanks?" I said before I could change my mind. He hesitated for a second, then he smiled. 

"Well you don't have to; but why not?" 

***

I jumped into my bed with a happy, dreamy sigh and closed my eyes. Wu Yifan; his Chinese name was that. He had many names, many languages and many countries he had been to. He was interesting to talk to and quite fun as well as pretty. I was only going to buy him a coffee and I thought he'd stay an hour max; but we had stayed there chatting for more than three hours until he had to leave for some place, I didn't ask. He had to be having fun as well, or he wouldn't stayed or asked for my number or given me his. I was quite certain that I would see him again.

When my phone beeped signalling a text, I jumped on it, thinking it could be from him only to find out that it wasn't. My face dropped when I saw the text was from Sehun. 

Who was that guy? I've never seen him before.

Oh here it goes, I thought; Sehun and his overprotective brother syndrome. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to go to a café close to his house. I thought a little before I typed my reply. Why of course, he's a foreigner. 

Why were you with him? When did you meet him? Why do I not know of him? he asked in a single message. I rolled my eyes. 

I met him today, we were chatting, I don't have to inroduce every guy I meet to you, do I father? 

In fact, you do, daughter. It's for your safety, fathers know the best. his reply came in seconds. I brainpalmed. 

Dear God; please shut up! I typed exasperatedly. Sometimes this boy suffocated me. I knew exactly how it felt to have a big brother, thanks to him. 

Never will I stop nagging you until I meet him. What do you know about him? another text came after a while. 

Interrogation? Want me to matchmake you two? I mocked in my reply. I could basically see him rolling his eyes as he read it. 

Why not, now tell me already. he said. I huffed. 

You'll never give up?  I tried once more. 

Never, now will you hurry? his text came before the sent report of my message came. I groaned and gave in. 

His name is Kris, he has been living and studying in Canada and he's only just arrived here. He's much nicer than you're imagining him to be in your head, I assure you. I typed. There was no reply for a while after I pushed the send button. Just when I thought he was finally satisfied, his reply came.

Why would anyone leave Canada and return here?

His family lives here, it seems. Any other questions? 

No, for now... don't fall for him, you hear me? I grimaced when I read the text. This goddamn mutant... 

Are you a prophet too now? I mocked. 

You better listen to me, little miss; fathers are always right. his reply came. I rolled my eyes again and ignored the text. The worst possible outcome was that he'd turn out to be a playboy and some possesive he cheated on would come to beat me up or something, which I didn't think would happen. And it wasn't like I could stop my heart anyways. I'd never been so good at hiding and suppressing my feelings. I wasn't one to push my luck either; but if it would happen, it would and I wasn't going to stop it, that was for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i won't even feel bad if you guys throw tomatoes at my face for this you know .-. idek if i like this myself. /sigh i!m having such a horrid block that i'm finding it impossible to write. i'll still be trying my best tho... hope you stay by me through that, thank you so much if you really do. please comment <3