To The Fullest - 2

To Turn Lies True

"Noona, this way!" 

"Want some ice cream, noona?" 

"Hey, let's play! Noona!!" 

I was so used to these lively childish sentences coming out of his smiling lips that it felt unnatural not hearing them every other evening. It was hard to believe how a single young man had become all my joy in life in such a short time. How I trusted him so easily was almost scary; but for once I didn't even care. My friends, my parents, even my boss was happy with the change in my attitude and energy, there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with what I was doing. I was just getting along really well with a boy five years younger than me. How was that so bad? 

"Haha yeah, I watched that episode too!! What a e, isn't she? He was almost five years younger than her!! I mean, I know it's just a drama, but..."

"It's not like she's done something too wrong, he liked her too... but yeah, she's a bit too old considering he's still studying. Isn't it the same as dating your student? Almost, I mean. It's just so weird!" 

...that conversation explained it all. 

I sighed deeply and lowered my head in surrender as my colleagues kept chatting about the tv drama that had been extremely popular lately - or rather, kept shunning the older woman who got to date the main lead while the other girl his age was left with heartache. Sure, they were only talking about the drama; but it somehow reflected what they would think if they knew I was being so friendly with Luhan. Normally, I wouldn't care. I shouldn't have cared at all, because "it wasn't like that" I knew it; but a part of me already knew what I couldn't confess to myself yet. 

I had known him for a whole month now. I couldn' always go see him in the concrete field he usually was and even if I did, sometimes he wouldn't show up. He had my cell number, I had his. I had once invited him to my place, for dinner and tea. One day it was raining, yet he was waiting for me by that field with his ball; that day we had went to get some cup ramyun from a shop close by. There was so much I wanted to do together with him that I didn't know when I would be able to do all that. Like, he wanted to see the ocean and swim at night so I was planning to take him to the beach this summer. He wanted to visit the rumored ruins that was said to be away from the city, in the forest. I wanted to hunt for old temple spirits with him in there. He also wanted to go to a real NBA match, I was also saving up for that. I was looking forward to every day that I could see him and have fun with him. That had to mean something; but it wasn't like that. It couldn't be. 

"Park Seonmi!!" 

"Y-yes!!" I jumped with the voice of my boss scolding me. He looked quite annoyed and it wasn't very easy to see Kim Jaejoong annoyed unless it was his wife teasing him. 

"What's wrong with you today, I've been calling your name for a while now. Did you not get enough sleep?" he said, his voice gentler now. I looked down and fidgeted slightly in embarrassment. 

"N-no, I'm really sorry, I must have been too concentrated." I lied. Of course, he wouldn't buy it. He was just kind enough not to point it out too directly, at least. 

"I think you need a cup of coffee. You can still fetch it before the meeting starts, bring the documents Yeojin left for you to work on with you. Oh, I also want the detailed statistics of last month and the overall progress charts of last year, make sure you print them down for twenty people, just in case. You've got twenty minutes, I'm counting on you." he patted my shoulder gently before he made his way out with large steps, as usual. I let out the breath I was holding in relief and noted down everything that he had told me just in case I forgot, I was quite easily distracted today.Still, I had to get a hold of myself, I couldn't let myself get like this.

I forced myself not to think about anything else during the meeting and until the end of the day. It was cloudy outside and every time I got tired and looked out of the window, I would start thinking if he would show up today. It was mentally exhausting to try not to think about anything but work all the time while everything just kept driving my thoughts to him. When it was time to call it a day, I didn't even stop to think about what to do. 

"Hey Seonmi are you-"

"Sorry, I'm not free today, I won't be joining you guys, have fun!" I said before my friend could even ask me. I knew she would invite me to wherever they were going again; but I didn't want to do anything else. I just wanted to see a certain black basketball bounce in the hands of a boy who had the brightest smile in the world... so I hurried out of the office.

But he wasn't there. 

Of course. It was cloudy, cold and about to rain. Also it was friday, he would rarely show up on fridays. I was just hoping... but the field wasn't completely empty either. I frowned in confusion when I saw the familiar black ball lying silently under the basket. Luhan liked this ball a lot, surely he wouldn't just leave it around, right? Or maybe it wasn't his ball... but I didn't know anyone who played at this field or anyone who owned a black ball. 

I walked into the field and picked up the ball. Once again I looked around; but Luhan was nowhere to be seen. Could this be a sign for me? "I will come, wait for me until I get my ball" maybe? Even though I got no text whatsoever from him... he was never a fan of calling and texting people anyways. Instead, he liked to take pictures and videos with his phone. He was an interesting one. Even though he had my number, he only ever texted or called me to make sure I had arrived home safely if we had played together until late night. 

I decided to wait for him, in the end. It seemed like it could rain anytime; but I would wait for as long as I could. I wouldn't get cold if I moved around either. I put down my bag and picked up the ball. I dribbled it around, tried to shoot, practiced the moves Luhan had taught me; but I only lasted for an hour or so. I thought I could understand Luhan slightly better now. It was really boring to play by yourself, it couldn't even come close to the fun I had playing with him. So before I showed up, he was always this bored with his ball? Or did he like being on his own? Did he have fun with me? I was curious about a lot of things. 

I sat down on the concrete field to rest a little. Because of all the clouds, it had gotten dark pretty quickly. I had got out from work quite late today, too. I didn't think I could keep waiting for much longer with the weather; but I couldn't bring myself to leave until the first drop of rain fell right on the tip of my nose. 

"Oh damn..." I muttered and picked out my umbrella from my bag. It was starting to rain and it was getting harder real quick. By the time I had my umbrella out and open, it was already raining cats and dogs. I sighed and gave up on waiting for him, I guess it wasn't my lucky day today. I left the ball where I found it and left the concrete field, feeling really down. The rain wasn't helping either. I needed to get to the bus stop; but it wasn't really close and my feet were already drenched. Just great. 

I muttered curses under my breath and dove into the shortcut I usually hated to use unless I had to. It was a dark, narrow alley that reminded me of the places where the first victim died in horror movies. It would always be in a dark alley like this, at a bad weather. The heroine would be nervous and in a hurry; but suddenly a lightning would flash to illuminate the street for a second and... there would be someone... in the street... 

...which was exactly what happened. 

I stopped in my tracks, unable to believe my eyes. So the horror movies could come to life. I kind of understood how helpless those stupid girls felt now. Every time I watched a horror movie I would scream "noooo don't take that way you idiot!!" while munching on my popcorn and roll my eyes for they never did what made sense. Now I was experiencing the same thing. So this was how they got into situations like this.

I gulped as the figure in front of me was illuminated with another lightning yet again. It was a man in a classic suit, with glasses on his eyes and a gun in his hands. And the gun was pointed at me. Being at the tip of his finger I had no idea what to do; but I knew for sure that if I didn't do anything, I'd end up dying the floor with my blood. 

"W-what do you want?!" I managed to ask over the noise of the rain, finally. 

"Park Seonmi. 24 years old, female, single." the man spoke. I felt chills go down my spine. No, this was no ordinary murderer, if I had to say. Why did he know about me? Why was he targeting me? I had no idea.

"What do you want from me?!" I yelled. My voice sounded close to hysterical. Much similar to how I felt. My whole body was trembling, I was terrified and I couldn't even run away because I had a feeling that if I moved a muscle, he'd shoot me with no hesitation. 

"As of now, you're dead." he spoke. My blood froze as he pulled the safety, I could hear the metalic click sound even in this rain. I got ready to run away instinctively. 

"Seonmi?" 

The man aiming at me got distracted with the sudden voice, he changed his aim with a troubled expression. My eyes widened as I recognized the voice calling my name. I turned back to face him, to tell him to run away, that it was dangerous... but all I saw was another gun barrel directed at me. I couldn't speak a word as my eyes diverted from the gun onto the innocent, childlike face I knew so well. There was a surprised look on his face, like he had no idea what was even going on. 

Then he shot. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

helloooo poison here!! sorry for making you guys wait but i've been hella busy... heheheee hope you liked this chapter. please comment! thank you <3