Extraordinary - 2

To Turn Lies True

The house the car arrived at at the end of the hour I spent drooling over that macbook was... well I wasn't even sure if you could safely call it a "house" actually. After passing through the main entrance of the land, we had to drive for about ten minutes down a road passing trough a wide forest. Then we arrived at a square with a koi pond in the middle. The traditional Chinese style house was so wide that it could be mistaken for an ancient Chinese palace or something. The driver stopped the limo in front of the main gates, then I swear he transported to right in front of my door to open it for me; no human being can move that fast, I refuse to accept it. 

"Welcome, Miss Yeonhee. Please go inside, the butler will be waiting to you until your destination." the driver said after my door was fully open. I nodded at his professional smile and got out of the limo. He closed the door after me and drove away once I was out and walking towards the giant doors. Damn, this place looked like it was summoned right out of a movie. When I arrived in front of the doors, they opened before I had to do anything at all. I was wondering if they were automatic until I saw the butler standing behind them. Unlike my expectations - I'll admit I had expected something like Sebastian from that anime Black Butler - the butler was an old man about my height with a gentle smile and a slight hump on his back. His gray hair was pulled back in ponytail, he had a white shirt with its sleeves rolled up and a black vest, the silver chain of a pocketwatch hanging from the hem of it. 

"Miss Yeonhee, welcome back home! You have grown up to be a nice young lady, haven't you." the old man spoke. Uhm... did I know this uncle?

"U-uhh..." I tried to find the appropriate words to say; but without letting me think even for a second the man continued.

"Oh of course, you don't remember me, you were only two years old when you left this house. But I remember you to be a really gentle kid. Oh my I've been keeping you waiting, please do come in!" the man stepped away from the door and let me get inside. 

"Thank you." I smiled at him. He smiled back warmly. 

"You still seem to be gentle as ever. I'm sorry, my name is Park Minsik; I'm the butler of this family, I've been serving here as my parents have as well." he said. 

"Ah, nice to meet you. Even though you already know me." I said kindly. The man looked at me approvingly. 

"Let me lead you to Lady's room. She has been waiting for you." he bowed his head slightly and started leading the way. I made sure to stay close enough to him not to lose my way; the inside of this place was like a labyrinth. After a good ten minutes of walking, we were in front of a big door. The butler then turned to me again. "Here we are. Please go in, Lady doesn't like to be kept waiting for too long." 

"Alright... thank you." I smiled and bowed politely, then pushed the door open. Inside of the room was kind of like how I expected, and kind of it wasn't. It was wide and luxury, there were a lot of really valuable looking things like porcelain vases and stuff and the windows were closed but the curtains were open to let in the evening sun. The "lady" was laying in her bed with a nurse standing over her, writing notes down looking at the monitors next to the bed. The bed was covered with pale yellow sheets but it was apparent that they were cotton. The old woman laying in there was supported by countless plush pillows to stay upright. She had an oxygen tube in her nose, other plastic tubes attached to her arm and her neck. Wow, she must be in worse condition than I thought. 

"Please put on a mask." the nurse ordered without looking at me. I was startled at the sudden request. I looked around and found a pile of medical masks on the table next to the door, stuffed in a box. I put it on as I was told. "Now disinfect your hands." was my next order. 

"With what?" I asked. the nurse pointed to a white bottle. I pushed the pump on it and poured some of the clear liquid on my palm, then rubbed my hands like I was washing them. The liquid had a weird stink like alcohol and something I wasn't really accustomed to - except that it smelled like hospital. 

"Oh my, I hate that stink. Does everyone really have to do that?" the old woman asked her nurse. Young nurse nodded patiently at the woman. 

"I'm afraid yes, Hye Ja-ssi. This is for your health." the nurse said. Hye Ja-ssi waved her wrinkled, bony hand grumpily.

"What health are you talking about, I know I'm dying." she said nonchalantly. 

"Don't say it like that!" the nurse started; but the old lady was already shooing the young woman away. 

"Leave me alone with my granddaughter here, would you? Hurry, hurry! Make sure nobody disturbs us." she said. The nurse, though she looked troubled, just nodded her head and walked out of the room. Then Hye Ja-ssi turned to me with a warm smile. "Take off that mask and let me see your face, my child." 

"This is for your health, isn't it?" I asked, cautiously. She raised her brows, looking a little mischevious. 

"Are you refusing the request of an old lady in her deathbed?" she asked. I chuckled slightly. 

"You don't sound like you'd die anytime soon, Mrs. Old Lady." I joked as I pulled my mask off. It somehow made her laugh. 

"Oh my, I don't plan on kicking the bucket anytime soon! But, child, I do know there's no healing from my disease. I'm old and lived a very fulfilling life if I may say. My time is near. Furthermore I know I will leave this world because of this illness... thus it makes this my deathbed." she winked playfully at me. I was amazed, this woman was making fun of her own death. 

"You sound pretty sneaky for a person who claims to be on her deathbed, ma'am." I pointed out. She flipped her hand again. 

"Oh please, just call me grandma. What's with that ma'am farce? Even though you've been living quite isolated of us, you're still family and I'm still your grandmother." she smiled at me. By each passing minute I wondered even more why my mother had left this house and this family just like that. She wasn't an unreasonable person; she probably had a reason... 

"Alright, grandma." I chuckled with the words. It was something I wasn't used to; but it left a pleasant feeling on my tongue. 

"Just like that, yes. Ahh, when was the last time I saw you, were you two years old? It's been long... you've turned into such a beauty!" she reached out and held my hand. "I wish you could grow up with us as family; but it is mostly my fault, I've been very proud and arrogant at that time. I'd like to admit that to your mother's face and apologize; but she hasn't responded to any of my letters or emails. She also refuses to answer my calls. I guess I just might have deserved that."

"Um, what happened between you and my mother?" I asked carefully. 

"Nevermind that, I will tell you if fate lets us meet again. Now I have something to give you, remember?" she smiled at me. 

"Oh, that legacy you wrote about in your letter?" I asked. She nodded and patted my hand. 

"There should be a small box in that drawer over there. Would you mind getting it for me?" she asked. I quickly went to the drawer she pointed to and pulled it open. There really was only one cardboard box in it. I brought it to her. She patted the space next to her on the bed. 

"Have a seat and open it, please?" she said. I hesitated for a breath before sitting next to her and opening the cardboard box. There was one more box inside of it; but it was made of dark  blue velvet and it was small - about twice the size of a ring box. I looked at grandma with doubt. 

"Inside that is an item really precious for our family. It's a charm that's been passed down for generations. It's a magical item... it is up to you to believe or not; but the magic in it is true. And by tradition, it belongs to you." she said. 

"By tradition?" I asked. She nodded. 

"None of my daughters had daughters, I'm surrounded by countless grandsons. Though I have to admit it's nice to have so many young and pretty boys fawning over me..." she admitted with a nod. My brows rose in disbelief. Good grief, they were her own- "...but they're my grangchildren." thankfully, she wasn't some freak. I was relieved. I hadn't expected her to be someone humorous so I was surprised at the jokes she made. She continued as I chuckled slightly. 

"Also, they're quite stuck-up. They keep fighting over who'll take over the family business, I doubt if they even truly care for me as they have in their childhood. None of them are willing to get married and give me great-grandchildren yet either! Oh well, I'm quite sure they'd be raining babies on my arms if I told them I'd leave the business to the one who gave me great-grandchildren to care for; but..." she raised her brows and shrugged as if to say there's nothing to do. Then she smiled at me "I've been really wanting to have a granddaughter I could have sincere and small chats with."

"Ah, I can come visit you whenever you'd like." I offered. 

"You really should give me your number, then, child." she said, pulling out an IPhone 5S from under her pillow mountain. I wasn't even surprised anymore that someone like her would follow the latest technology as she handed it to me and typed in and saved my own number. She nodded with satisfaction as I gave it back to her. "I like this, alright. I'll call you next time I can convince my doctor to let me meet you again."

"Doctors, always so stern." I grimaced. She grimaced back at me. 

"Absolutely. Oh! Oh, I was telling you about what I'm going to pass down to you." she said, suddenly remembering. 

"Oh yeah, I had totally forgotten about that. You said it's magical, right?" 

***

"There's something I need to tell you..."

"Yeah me too, something really important to me." 

"Really important? Okay you go first, what is it?" 

I picked up the velvet box carefully and put it on the desk standing between me and Sehun. He blinked and looked at the box in confusion. Much like I had been the first time I saw it. I was, however, slightly disappointed to find out it was the only "legacy" that would be passed down to me. I hadn't expected something extreme like... I don't know, I hadn't even thought about it much; but I could kill for that baby I got to make love to all the way to the house. The beauty of that perfect clear view and oh my god, that incredible speed with such a slim body...

"What is that?" Sehun asked, popping my pink dream cloud and bringing me back to reality. He sounded almost repulsed. I didn't let it affect me however, for him being like that usually wouldn't mean anything. 

"Apparently it's a family hairloom passed down generations after generations in our family's women. The woman who owns this gives it to the youngest woman in the family at their deathbed." I explained. He looked down at the box again and then back at me. 

"This thing..? I thought your mom was healthy as an ox." he said. Insensitive bastard...

"Oh she still is and I'll make sure you called her an ox for that matter, but-"

"NO what, why would I call her an ox, what are you even spouting, where did you hear that from, you must be hearing things you should go see a doctor!" he said in a single breath. I let out a satisfied chuckle. There wasn't one more person who was scared of my mother as Oh Sehun was. Serves him right. 

"BUT!" I continued, "No, it wasn't from my mother. You know I told you about part of my family my mother avoids so much that I never got to meet them, you also know that I needed to visit my grandmother because she's sick; but I guess it's normal that you wouldn't remember that because you ditched me yesterday to go meet your girlfriend and I had to wait for an hour on my own..." 

"Is this heirloom from that grandmother whom you never met, then?" Sehun said instantly to change to subject. I wanted to complain more; but I let it be for this once.

"Yeah. And before you ask, she gave it to me because it's tradition, she does have other daughters. It's just that I'm the youngest." I said. 

"Oh, you must take care then, those other daughters might decide you don't deserve it and come to start a really dirty fight... damn it would be so fun to watch! Why do you never get mixed in catfights?" Sehun complained. I rolled my eyes exaggeratedly.

"Why don't you do a strip show every night for my entertainment?" I scolded. He blinked innocently. 

"You never asked." he said. It was my turn to be surprised.

"Would you, if I did?" 

"Of course I wouldn't." he said, as if he was going to say of course I would. I gritted my teeth and stopped myself from just smacking him on the head - he would definitely start about his precious brain cells dying if I did. 

"I could get in a fight with your girlfriend if you wanted? We'd see if you like her when she's bald too! And hey, I'm trying to say something here!!" I stomped on the floor. He waved his hand sassily. 

"Yeah yeah, really precious heirloom passed down to you I get it alright. Can you show it to me already?" he said, causing me to growl. 

"No way, I won't. It brings down a curse on the owner if you break it - I'm never letting you get close to this precious with that attitude." I hmph-ed. No way in hell was I sating his curiosity with that attitude, he could crawl on the ground and my feet first and then I'd think about it. 

"Oh come on! Why did you tell me all that if you weren't going to show it??" Sehun rolled his eyes this time. I stuck out my tongue. Okay, I was nineteen already; but it didn't mean I had to be all mature and . I saw Sehun suddenly reach for the box in my hand and I hurriedly pulled my hand out of his reach... but being clumsy as I was, the box slipped out of my hands. 

The world went in slow motion. I heard myself scream out a shrill nooooooooo... as the velvet box opened midair and the bright crystal in it started to move away from the protective cushions inside. I saw Sehun's hand also reaching out to the box; but both of us were too far to reach it before it touched the ground, it would definitely fall down and break and rain an endless curse on me. Who knew what would happen to me afterwards, it could turn me into a monster with the face of an old wrinkled witch with a dozen moles on her nose - or worse yet, maybe I'd be haunted by all the cockroaches I got Sehun to brutally murder for me! I was too young to die!! 

"....oooooooooooooooooooooo..... huh.... huh?" I stared emptily at the box as time returned to its normal speed. Neither the box nor the crystal had crashed and broke into a thousand pieces like they should have. In fact, they were floating inches away from the ground. "I wasn't told that this thing has its own magical emergency brakes."

"I... doubt it's that..." I heard Sehun mumble right next to my ear. I squealed and jumped away from him instantly.

"YAH!! OH SEHUN what the hell are you doing in my face, dammit!!" I yelled. He wasn't even looking at me. His hand was still reaching out towards the box. When I looked at the direction of his gaze, I saw the crystal that was now back in the velvet box floating towards Sehun slowly and steadily. In a few seconds, they were floating in his palm. Only then he returned his eyes to me with a smirk. 

"So. I was the one who'd break it, huh?" he said smugly. I felt myself start to blush at his remark. Just the right time, dammit!

"I-it's still your fault for grabbing at it so suddenly!" I defended, flustered. "And that's not even the issue here! How are you doing that?"

"Doing what?" he teased.

"That, floating the box like that." I asked, ignoring the fact that he was playing with me now. My eyes fixated on the floating box, I was far too curious and surprised to care about that. Maybe I was still sleeping and this was a really realistic dream I was having?

"Oh this? Well, this is what I wanted to tell you. We've been friends for, how long, ten years? I thought you deserve to know." Sehun said, smiling at me. I deserve to know... so he hid it from me all those years. Wait, I didn't even know the whole case here, I shouldn't be rash.

"SEHUN!" the door suddenly opened and a certain fish burst in, then he suddenly froze when he saw the box floating in Sehun's palm.  Both me and Sehun were staring at Donghae who was looking at us with an empty face. Since he had kept it a secret from me for ten years, it must be very important to him and nobody should know so I was expecting Sehun to freak out and try to make up a cover; but he didn't. A second later, though, Donghae smiled happily. "Ohh, we're free to do what we want around Yeonnie now? Sweet!"

I could only stare with my jaw on the floor as he started crossing his legs in the air and floated around carelessly. Floated around. In the air. In the goddamn thin air floating was Lee Donghae, the person I knew to be the most silly human being on the face of earth! Oh, someone please slap me, I think I'm going crazy. 

"Okay, stop." I rubbed my temples, closing my eyes. "Someone explain me everything here or I'll either start slapping myself to wake up or be convinced that I need to turn myself in to a mental institue."

"Hyung, stop floating around will you?" Sehun scolded, grabbing the box floating on his palm.

"Ehh nobody will see! I haven't done this in a while, just let me..." Donghae said. I waved my hand to dismiss it as Sehun grabbed my elbow to keep me from staggering, I assumed. I mustn't look very fine if he's helping me like this, but who'd expect me to, really? I was far too shocked. I let Sehun help me sit in a chair, I leaned my elbow on the desk and kept rubbing at my temple. He pulled a chair and sat on the other side of the desk. 

"So. Explain it to me, please, what exactly are you? X-men?" I asked, looking at Sehun. He chuckled.

"Well, something like that, just more realistic." he said. 

"And you have Jean Gray's power, I'll assume?" I raised my brows. He nodded. "Well, at least you're prettier than her, I'd be happier if it was you in the movie instead. I don't like that girl, especially because he went all cheating on Scott, I don't ship him with my Logan, eww ,no! Keep your hands off my wolvie you cheating !" 

"What?" Sehun raised his brows doubtedly at me. I cleared my throat and waved my hand again. 

"Nevermind, just ignore it, I'm being weird again." I said. He shook his head and sighed. He was used to me being like that by now, thankfully I didn't do it all the time; but he had learned not to question it when I did. But at least my shock at the first sight had subsided thanks to that spazz. I still wasn't very convinced I wasn't sleepig or seeing things; but I was starting to get used to the fact. "So. Telekinesis."

"Yep. Exactly." he said. He opened his hand again and let the velvet box float in his hand. 

"And I'm not deaming." I said.

"You're perfectly awake." he smirked. 

"Are you sure that I won't wake up in a minute?" I asked again.

"I am absolutely sure." he nodded.

"Alright, then.... I have just one word for this. Legen- wait for it- dary! This is so freaking cool, why didn't you show me before?!" I asked excitedly. He looked surprised.

"You're not freaked out?" he asked.

"Why the heck would I be?" I said, taken aback. "This is real and you can do it and this is so. freaking. awesome. I'm so excited, you should have told me this so much sooner! Hey, what can you do with it? Huh? Huh?"

Sehun chuckled and relaxed when he saw my excitement. His sassy confidence returned to his face.

"Well, technically you can do a lot of things with it. You can make things float or move at your will. You can, for instance, stop bullets you know are coming. You can make things burn - like, if you make the atoms vibrate fast enough they'd accumulate too much heat and start burning. You can be real fast, you can freeze people and stuff, you can even be invisible if you can learn how to control photons with telekinesis... though it's only in theory. I have to concentrate just to move around small objects, the bigger ones or excessive moves require even more concentration and are very hard for me. This idiot though-" he pointed to his back with his thumb, where a wild Donghae was floating aimlessly, legs crossed and upside down, "-can do all of it effortlessly. I have to admit I'm extremely jealous of his talent." 

"So okay, wait, this isn't really much about brain power? I mean, if you're smarter you can use your brain more and stuff like that?" I questioned. 

"Either this is a seperate function from IQ; or it's the same thing and Donghae uses most of his smarts on his talent so not much is left for academics. Sehun sighed, looking at his cousin from the corner of his eye. I couldn't help but snort. 

"You should go easier on him, sheesh!" I scolded; but I was laughing anyways. 

"Psh, I don't think he really cares." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

update.... omfg i thought i could never finish this chapter OTL crying blood here :'D please comment? thank you <3