Who Am I?

Where are You?

A/N: Sorry for not updating for the last few days.  Been kinda busy :( Anyways luvs, here's another chapter for you guys!!

 

Sandara Kwon.  Kwon Sandara.  Dara Kwon.  Kwon Dara.  This was the name she had to respond to, the name that she had to be addressed by, the name that she still has a hard time getting used to, even after fifteen years. Fifteen years.  Fifteen years of putting on fake smiles, hidden tears, fifteen years of her trying to mend her shattered heart. It wasn't always like this, before her marriage, everything was like a fairytale. Endless afternoon picnics, sweet surprises everyday, blissful nights together, beautiful stolen kisses, everything was perfect. It wasn't after the proposal she received that she noticed the first flaw in their relationship. They were at their favorite coffee shop Cafe Latte, huddled in their usual corner, sipping on hot coffee while the rain poured down outside. The lighting in the shop seemed to be brighter that day, making everything in her view angelic, she noticed the scattered rose petals on the counters, the tables, and the floor. She frowned a little trying to remember if today was Valentine's Day, but no, that was four months ago. She settled with the thought that maybe today was a special day for the owners and focused on her coffee.

"I'll be back in a little bit, babe." Her boyfriend whispered as he stood up from their seat.

"Ok."

She looked outside and watched as people scurried by the cafe holding umbrellas, she noticed a couple sharing an umbrella playing under the rain, they both seemed to be laughing as they both tugged and pulled on their umbrella. They didnt seem to mind that they were both soaking wet from the downpour, she could tell right away that they were a young couple, carefree and bold, kissing and laughing under the rain not afraid of what tomorrow might bring. She snapped out of her thoughts as she took notice of the lights as they dimmed out, and saw the workers walk around the little cafe lighting up candles, some passing out what seemed to be chocolates to their customers. She jumped as a waiter came over to her holding a bouquet of velvet roses, she smiled as she smelled the roses, whispering a thank you to the gentleman. As the waiter walked away, she looked around the cafe for her boyfriend, knowing that this was definitely his idea. She found him leaning against the front counter looking at her with a smile plastered on his face. She put down the roses thinking of walking over to him, but he was already making his way back to her, looking no where but straight at her. Her smile widened as she reached out to him, embracing him in a tight hug, as she softly placed a soft kiss on his lips. He pulled away still smiling at her, while he slowly lowered himself on one knee. dropped as her line of vision slowly blurred, she couldn't hear anything but the loud thumping of her accelerated heartbeat as she looked down at him. She could see his mouth moving but she heard nothing, she felt tears trailing down her cheeks as she inhaled a breath of air. For a moment she had forgotten how to breath. She looked down at him holding a box with a shimmering diamond ring.

"Sandara Park, no amount of words can explain the love I feel for you, I just hope you return my feelings too. I know for sure that I want to spend my whole life with you. Waking up everyday with you in my arms, going to sleep every night knowing that your face will be the first thing I see, makes me feel like I can conquer anything the world has to offer.  Will you marry me?" He said as he softly gazed into her eyes. "Dara?"

"Kwon Jiyong, I think you already the answer to your question." She said smiling as she wiped away her tears, "I will."

 

A few months after the proposal they moved in together knowing they had their parents blessings and approval. Dara knew that her soon to be husband was a hard working achiever, so she knew before hand that waiting up late for him to come home was nothing to worry about. She just didnt know that he would come home faintly smellling of perfume. A scent that wasnt hers yet somehow familiar. She didn't think about it much until she started waking up alone in the morning, sometimes eating breakfast by herself, heading to work without a goodbye kiss, and finally coming home to a empty apartment. It didnt happen often but it happened enough times for her to know that he wasnt spending the night at his office. Even though she knew that he was cheating, she never questioned him about it, she didnt have the courage to question their trust even though it was pretty much broken. But every morning that she wakes up alone and every morning that she eats breakfast alone she always send him the same text message, and she always receives the same answer.

"Where are you?"

"At the office, I'll see you tonight."