3 Weeks

Where are You?

 

He watched as the ashes of his cigarette crumbled down on to his desk, giving no care at all, the damage it would do to his mahogany desk. Twenty-one days,  three weeks to be exact, and there was still no words on his wife's where about. The whole city of Seoul, every province, every district in South Korea knew about his missing wife. Rumors were also flying around that she had ran away with a lover, that she had reunited with her high school sweet heart, that she had been having affairs behind his back... 
No one knew the truth, and those who knew the real story knew the consequences they would face if they let it leak. So they kept quiet. Even Chaerin kept her trap shut. Not once did she show her face since Dara went missing, he had thought she would've grabbed the opportunity to at least come around, but no. 

He put out his cigarette, crushing it down on the shiny surface of his desk, he didn't want to leave his office, he didn't want to see their house. He had left it exactly how she had left it. He grabbed his keys and walked out of his office not knowing where he was heading.

He found himself driving along the shores of a familiar beach when he finally made his stop. He rolled down his windows and closed his eyes as he drew in a breath of the salty air around him. This was their beach. It was where their first of many memories were made, where they first laced their fingers together, where he shamelessly fell in love with her on their first date, where he promised her happiness and love.

He raked his fingers through his hair and rubbed his face. Where the hell did he go wrong? He was so angry with himself, he slammed his fist against the steering wheel sending an alarming beep from the car horn. The stress finally seeped through, his heart crumbled down with every frustrated punch he threw, and tears streamed down his face as he realized that it was all his fault. He leaned his head on the steering wheel and sobbed his heart out, ignoring his phone going off as he tried calm his head down.

As he finally calmed down, he reached for his phone just as it started ringing again. "Hello." He mumbled.

"Mr. Kwon?"

"Yeah," he answered.

"This is Detective Park Chanyeol from S-"

"Did you find her?" He abruptly cut in.

"No sir, but we have a few items here that we would like to confirm with-"

"What kind of items?"

"I think it would be best if you came down to our station. I believe they belonged to your wife, sir."

He started his car right away, tossing his phone aside, as he made his way to the station. 

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating daily!! Sorry if the story is dragging kinda slow!