Without You

Where are You?

Dara knew he would be searching, so she stayed away. For days she isolated herself, the night she left Jiyong, she got rid of her phone and crashed at a near by motel. At first she was scared, always worrying if they found her, but as the days passed, her paranoia died down. Three days she spent cooped up inside the motel room, and for those three days, she plotted. She traded in her car, closed all her accounts, put all her credit cards on hold and made sure she left no traces behind. She was starting over.

First on her list was her office. For the past nine years, Dara has been working as a freelance artist. Well she had always been an artist as far back as she can remember, but  before she had her own gallery, she used to work at a hair salon. Now she had clients from all over requesting her artwork, so all she had to do was find a new location for her business. She didn't have many employees listed under her, just her secretary and her scheduler. She couldn't bear the thought of losing them, Lay and Luhan were the only two that Dara could tell her secrets to. They  didn't judge her and they willingly listened. 

Second, was her appearance, she could do it herself. She always did prefer her hair to be short, she only kept it long thinking that he loved her long hair. Maybe now she can finally bleach her hair or rock one of those vibrant colors that the youngsters have in their hairs. She smiled to herself as she pictured herself rocking hot pink in her hair. A few years back she remembered Luhan had sported pink hair, he looked quite adorable. If he can do it, she can totally pull it off too.

Finding a place wasn't hard, she already found a place right on the outskirts of town, close but secluded. She was already scheduled to move in tomorrow, which reminded her, she had to contact Lay and work out her schedule. 

Dinner time came around and Dara found herself heading out. She was extremely careful, looking around the hallway, sprinting towards the elevators. She was feeling a little giddy inside, walking around with her shades on, a scarf hiding half of her face, she almost felt like a ninja. As she made her way out of the elevator she lowered her head, pulled her jacket tighter and briskly walked towards the exit. 

"Mrs. Kwon." She whipped her head around to the booming voice.

"Seunghyun." She whispered as she backed away from him. "I knew I would see you sooner or later."

"Wait! Dara!" He said, "you don't have to do this."

"What do you know about "this" Seunghyun?" She replied.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure the both of you can work it out." He said, "My orders are to bring you home, now we can do it the easy way or the hard way. It's up to you."

Dara turned towards the exit only to find it blocked by a couple of guys, suited in black, Aviators on, firmly standing there like boulders.
Seunghyun saw her shoulders slump as she turned back around and removed her sunglasses, there was something in her eyes that made him believe that this wasn't just her rebelling, this here was a picture of a broken hearted girl. He had seen this look before, every time his parents argued, after every confrontations his mother made, she looked like this. 

"I can help you." He said softly as he reached out his hand.

"Really." She answered sarcastically rolling her eyes at him. 

Hot tears were b up her eyes, blurring her vision a little, but she could still see the sincerity in his eyes. She let a tear escape as she took in a deep breath.

"I can help you." He repeated as he took a step toward her, "Dara, let me help you."

She couldn't say anything, she just stood there letting her tears stream down her face as she watched him walk towards her. She didn't expect him to hug her, but that's exactly what he did. It wasn't his usual hugs he offered every time they met, he was really hugging her, comforting her, holding her so close she could feel his warmth, and she stood there pouring her tears out, letting him hold her as she tried to gather herself together.

"Help me..please." She managed to say as they were still embracing.

"I will." He replied, "but you have to come with me."

She pulled away and looked him in the eyes, "If you take me-"

"I'm not taking you back there," he said "I'm taking you with me."