Preparations and Precautions

Where are You?

Seunghyun didn't know when sleep finally took him over, but he woke up to the ringing of his phone. 

"Yeah.."

"Where the hell are you!?" He immediately recognized his brother's voice on the other end, what the hell was he suppose to say?

"Cabin." He groggily replied.

"What the are you doing at the cabin Seunghyun," his brother hissed into the phone, "what happened last night?"

"I-"

"I go down to the club to find your scouts, lying around the ing place like they ing have nothing better to do!! What the is going on here Seunghyun! What the are you trying to pull?!?" His brother yelled.

"I don't know, hyung, I don't know."

"Did you.." He heard his older brother heave a sharp breath, "Seunghyun, is she alive?"

"Of course she's alive!! Why wouldn't she be alive???" Seunghyun was very shocked, what the hell was his brother thinking!!

"You isolate yourself in your little cabin every time you take a life, Seunghyun" he said, "where is she?"

"She's.." He paused contemplating whether he should tell his hyung or not, "she's right here."

"What is she doing there, Seunghyun," he heard his brother's voice calmer than he had been before. "Is she breathing?"

"Of course she's breathing!! Why wouldn't she be breathing!!" He was raising his booming voice now as his brother irritated him with his questions.

"Calm down!! God!! Bring her over to the warehouse, I'll call Ji over."

"I can't." Seunghyun said, "Hyungnim, do you know the reason why she's running?"

"I'm not blind Seunghyun," he said, "but you did offer your services to Ji, and I don't think he would appreciate the fact that you are betraying him right now."

"It's not about betrayal, Hyungnim," Seunghyun said. "I'm trying to do the right thing for once in my life."

"What exactly do you have in mind?"

"I don't know, hyung," he said. "I didn't have a set plan when I told her I was going to help her, I just couldn't let her end up like mom."

"I'll help you," Dong Wook said, "she's not gonna hide there forever, though. Wait there for my call. I'll call back when I have everything in order."

"Okay, what do you have in mind?"

"I'll call when I'm ready." His brother replied, "who else knows that she's with you?"

"Just my men and Youngbae," TOP said.

"Youngbae?"

"Uhm-yeah, Youngbae." TOP huffed out a breath, "I'll tell you about that later, I was going to see you today, you want me to bring her with me?"

"You can't be seen with her if you're planning on hiding her!" He heard his hyung say, "she'll be safe in the cabin, just have a couple men out there to watch the perimeter."

"Okay. I'll be there in a few hours," he said. 

"I'll see you then." 

TOP ran his fingers through his hair and rubbed his face, what the hell did he just get himself into? He couldn't think straight. He had been friends with Jiyong since they were young, their families were very close considering the fact that their fathers were in business together. Of course they had disputes back when they were younger, but none as big an issue as this. He knew with all his heart that he was doing the right thing, but the guilt of facing his friend, lying to his face, putting on a show that could jeopardize their friendship and their lives, was eating him away. Could he possibly get away with this?

He pondered on as he went to freshen up. Maybe he should let her run, let someone else bring her to Ji. Let her work this out on her own. No. NO. NO. His mother would be rolling in her grave if she knew his thoughts right now. He would be the same evil, conniving man as his father, and that was something he cannot live with. As he was finishing up his shower, his senses told him that Dara was probably in the kitchen cooking up breakfast. 

"You're awake now," he said as he leaned against the door frame to the kitchen.

"Yeah," she said turning around to face him. "I'm sorry if I'm intruding your space, I just wanted to thank you."

"Oh no, it's fine. This place is yours as much as it is mine." He replied.

He set the table for them as he watched her maneuver through the kitchen. Jiyong should have held on to this girl, anyone would be lucky to have her. It wasn't just her beauty, there was something about the way she carried herself that made others around her hold the most utmost respect for her. Where did his friend ever go wrong? 

"I'm going into town today, I'll be back before sunset. I'll have a few men over to watch you." He said as they ate their meal.

"Over? As in here in the cabin with me?" She asked him her voice shaking a little.

"No! No, just around the perimeter, don't worry, my men aren't trained to be violent towards women." He said between bites. "You probably know them, they hang out at the clubs sometimes. I had them watching my little brother for a bit, but he's doing well now."

"Oh, how is Junhong, I haven't seen him in a while." She said as she served him some more fried kimchee, he seemed to be enjoying her cooking. It has been a while since she cooked breakfast for two.

"He's fine, I guess he was just hanging out with the wrong crowd before." He said, "my hyung made a good decision appointing Yong Guk as Junhong's mentor or bodyguard. It's really a shame that we had to have someone else watch out for our little brother, but he would've ended up like me if I were to look after him."

"You make it as if you're one of Korea's most wanted!" She laughed as she took a sip of orange juice, they chatted for a few minutes after breakfast as they waited for TOP's men to show up. 

They watched the trees, calmly swaying with the soft easterly breeze as they waited. TOP watched as the leaves rustled against each other, she had asked him what was their next move, and he couldn't answer, he let the breeze and the rustling of the leaves fill the silence. How could he tell her that he basically had no idea what they were going to do?

"My brother called me to meet with him regarding your situation," he finally spoke. "I have a few things in mind, I just want to verify with my brother first."

"I'm sorry for bringing you all into this," she said, "I don't want to burden everyone else with my problems, I mean, I'm a grown woman. Maybe if I had faced this problem head on from the beginning; instead of trying to overlook it; I would have been able to save you from going through all this on my behalf."

"I don't mind helping you," he said. "I just can't figure out why you put up with it for so long."

She smiled as she scanned the view in front of her, 
 "My mother always said, no matter how crooked a man is, a lady must always be the sturdy solid foundation that brings him upright." She sighed as she looked over at him, "I guess I'm just not sturdy enough."

"It's not you Dara," he said. "It's him. Men are easily blinded by greed and power, they end up losing sight of what's in front them."

"Are you like that?"

"I try not to be."

The boys finally arrived and TOP could see the relief in Dara's eyes. He knew she would feel a little bit secure with them, knowing that they were well acquainted with each other.

"Wow! I haven't seen you boys in the longest time!" She said as the boys made their way out of their heavily tinted car.

"Heeey!!" Himchan was the first one to greet them, running towards Dara with a hug. TOP only called out four of his boys; Himchan, Youngjae, Daehyun, and Jong Up. He didn't want to draw too much attention to the cabin.

He watched as Dara and the boys exchanged greetings, laughing and embracing each other. He had informed them of the situation at hand, and requested that they treat her as they normally did, and to protect her if anything should happen.

He called the caretakers and made sure all their security cameras were well in order. He left after giving the boys their instructions, and reminding them constantly that they weren't here to have fun. As he drove off, he couldn't shake off the dreadful feeling that was building within.


A/N: Sorry it took so long to update!! Been dealing with a lot of things lately... Hope you guys enjoy~ ^,^