No Traces

Where are You?

Youngbae couldn't believe it. Whatever Greater being was up there, definitely wanted him to suffer a lonely life. He was so close to her, just a mere thirty minutes away and they decide to snatch her up again. If he was someone else he would've given up a long time ago, he would've given up that night in the club when he slowly walked away as she gave his best friend her number, he would've stopped caring the moment she said "I do" to the man that wasn't him. But he was a man in love, and no matter how hard he tried to turn away from her, he was always lured back in. Loving her from the sidelines while she endlessly cared for another. Giving up now is definitely not an option for him.

They had searched everywhere within walking distance, they checked all the security tapes and still found no traces. Someone had taken her. From the time they had finished their lunch till now, the security cameras were still down. Youngbae had listened in as Seunghyun contacted his brother and filled him in on the situation, they were now waiting for technical support. They couldn't go to the police, as far as the police knew she was still missing.

"I had a small feeling that this might happen," Seunghyun said to Youngbae, "I brought in the boys to watch her, in case she decided to run. I knew she didn't trust me enough to help her."

"What do you mean?" Youngbae said, "she came with you when you offered her help."

"Because she had no where else to go. How can she trust me when I was Jiyong's friend in the first place? How can she trust us when the only reason we know her is because of Jiyong?"

"Don't try to discourage me." Youngbae pleaded as he looked at his friend.

"I'm not. Did I ever tell you the reason why I wanted to help her in the first place."

"I know." Youngbae said.

Youngbae knew about the Choi brothers and their story. Their father lived a little on the wild side, almost like Jiyong except he had more than one mistress. Youngbae doesn't know the full details, but he knew the man had two younger sons from two other women. Junhong was the youngest, and his mother was the only one who accepted Dong Wook and Seunghyun's help in raising their younger half brother. Minho's mother on the other hand, hated Mrs. Choi, maybe it was out of pure jealousy, but that woman also planted the hatred in her son's heart, teaching him to dislike his older brothers. Just like Dara Mrs. Choi stayed and endured her husbands late night rendezvous with other women, she suffered silently, shouldering the weight of the shame her husband had produced. When rumors had it that one of the mistresses was moving into one of the wings in their mansion, Mrs. Choi couldn't take it anymore. She finally let go, Seunghyun was the one that discovered her, lying in bed, and on her night stand, a note addressed to her sons.

"I didn't want her to end up like my mother." Seunghyun said.

"I know," Youngbae said.

There was no sign of forced entry into the cabin, everything was how it was suppose to be. There were no tracks that they could follow, it was as if she just disappeared into thin air. One thing that couldn't leave Youngbae's mind was the call that reached her phone, he remembered specifically that Seunghyun had said she only had two people on her contact list and that was the both of them.
Did she contact anyone other than the two? 
He thought of the people that she might've gotten in touch with, he knew for sure that her parents couldnt have been able to pull such a stunt as this, and Bommie.. Well he can't be too sure but, he's very positive that it might take her days even weeks to workout such an escape plan.

It was finally dark when the technician came, and they finally found the source as to why the security cameras were down, someone had disabled the whole system from another network. There was no way to go back and view it. As for her phone, he said he needed a few hours maybe even a day to find out which phone had made that last call to Dara's phone. Youngbae was hoping really hard that it was someone that he himself could trust and not her husband.

 

 

A/N: thank you to all the new subscribers!! Enjoy!! ^^