Leaving

Where are You?

14:00 was the time when Seunghyun left his brother's office, perfect to beat the after-work traffic that always irritated the hell out of him. He cannot stand sitting for hours, inching forward little by little, as the clock ticked away. It would take him approximately an hour and a half to get to the cabin if he left now, and maybe he could pick up some more food on the way there.

As he got into his car, he felt his phone vibrate.

"Yeah."

"It's me Youngbae," the caller said. "Can I come see her today?"

"Oh of course," he replied, "I'm actually in town right now if you need a lift, that way I can fill you in on the plan."

"Sure, yeah, I'm at my studio. Are you coming now?"

"I'll be there in ten minutes." He said as he hung up.

Before he drove off, Seunghyun made a call to Himchan to check up on their status. They were okay, nothing to worry about, all "sunshines and rainbows" was what Himchan said.  Seunghyun was a little crossed that they were all eating lunch on the front porch while nobody stood post, but he never once doubted them.

He drove over to Youngbae's studio just in time to see him coming out the of the entrance. Seunghyun was taken back a little as he examined the state of his friend. He had his signature shades on, snap back on, sleeveless shirt on, jacket in hand, but Seunghyun could definitely see  the weariness emitting from his body. The things love can do to you, Seunghyun thought as he watched Youngbae stride over to his car.

 "And this, my friend, is why I choose to be single." He said to Youngbae, "Dude, you look like a dead man walking!"

"I looked waay horrible last week. I thought I was gonna die, man."  Youngbae said.

"It's all good now." Seunghyun said as they finally drove off. "She's going to the US tomorrow. Well, if she wants to, she asked me to help, so yeah."

"Where?"

"Hawaii."

"Kinda far."

"Yup."

Nothing was said after that. They drove in silence, Youngbae deep in thought, Seunghyun planning out the events for the next day. Seunghyun could tell Youngbae was probably contemplating whether or not he should jump on the plane too, knowing him he would probably purchase a seat right next Dara. As if Youngbae knew what Seunghyun was thinking, he finally broke the silence.

"I can't go." He said.

"Mm. Why not?" Seunghyun asked.

"I don't wanna risk anything. I don't think Ji is just bringing her back to come home and continue playing that stupid "perfect wifey slash hubby" they keep pulling!" Youngbae lashed out. "I know he's gotta be mad, I mean if she's walking out now, she gets fifty percent of everything he has, and I don't think he's gonna be willing to give up all that! We all know he lives and breathe his business, man."

"Who doesn't. I understand where you're coming from though, and yeah, I think it would be best if you give it a year or so before you go and see her. Or maybe six months." Seunghyun said as they pulled into the same supermarket he and Dara had stopped by the day before. "You coming in or what?"

"Yeah. Hold up."

It was 15:48 on Seunghyun's watch as they made they're way out of the supermarket, he bought a lot of food hoping he and the boys could throw Dara a little going-away party before she left. Would it be disrespectful of him throwing her a party when she was going through one hell of mid-life crisis? Well, it wasn't really a party, just a farewell dinner to let her know that she has friends who are willing to help whether she likes it or not.

They were almost there. Seunghyun could almost make out the dirt road that led to his property. Aside from Daesung, none of his friends knew where his cabin was located, they know about it, but Seunghyun has never brought any of them out here before. Only his brothers and his top team knew the location of his hide out. It's not that he doesn't  trust them, he just can't bear his friends seeing the other side of him. The side everybody else sees him as, the side that people fear, the side that doesn't define him, the side that he has to have in order to survive this cruel, cruel world. The vibration from his phone snapped him back from his thoughts.

"Yeah."

"She's.. She's not in the room." The voice on the other end said. "We checked the area too, we can't find her."

"Himchan, what happened?" Seunghyun asked as calmly as he could. He sensed Youngbae's gaze on him, but he didn't dare look at him.

"After we ate, we got back to our posts. She told us she was gonna take a short nap and to wake her up incase she over sleeps." Himchan quickly explained, "so she went to the bedroom. I don't know how long she hasn't been in there but she went in a little after you called. I didn't notice she was missing until her phone started ringing from the kitchen."

"Her phone? Someone called her phone?" Seunghyun asked. 

"Yeah."

Seunghyun looked over at Youngbae and mouthed to him if he had called Dara earlier, and Youngbae shook his head, as realization finally hit him.

"Was the number blocked or not?" Seunghyun asked as he quickly averted his eyesight away from Younbae's.

"Yes it was." Himchan said, "the boys are furthering their search into the woods, do you want me to call in-"

"I got it. I'm almost there." Seunghyun said as he threw his phone down and floored the gas pedal with his foot.

"What happened!?" Youngbae asked as he hung on to the armrests of his seat.

"They can't find her." Seunghyun replied, "please man, stay calm and I promise you we will find her."

"Do you think she ran or..?" Youngbae couldn't finish his question, is Jiyong capable of kidnapping his own wife? He only thought it in his head, afraid if he voiced it out, it might lead to actuality.

"Let's not jump to conclusions." Seunghyun said even though he himself doubted his own words.


A/N: Sorry if I'm boring y'all. My brain is just whacked right now. Sorry~~ happy readings, my luvs!! ^,^