Too Late

Where are You?

1 Week Later..

For the past seven days Jiyong had been suffering, he was literally a mess. He was drunk every night, hung over every morning, and highly sleep deprived. It was a miracle that he still showed up for work and worked even longer hours than before. He thought he could get through this, but time was certainly proving him wrong. He couldn't get her out of his mind no matter how hard he tried.

Three days after Dara left he finally decided to report her missing. She wasn't with her parents, she wasn't with her sister and she wasn't with her friends. He had the police looking for her along with his own people. He hoped with all his heart that she was somewhere safe, he would never forgive himself if something happened to her. Everyday he would ask how the case was processing, from both the police and his own crew.His people had found her phone in a trash bin not too far from their house so there was no way they could track her. 

In those seven days, his wife had taken out all her savings and closed all her personal accounts. They tried tracking her credit card usage but that was also a failure. He was at the edge, ready to give in, ready to call it off, but his scout was not the type to give up.

Choi Seunghyun was the baddest underground assassin/hitman ever, second in line to the Choi household, he was very well known for his sharp looks and also known to be popular among the ladies. Failure was something you cannot find in his vocabulary. 

The Choi family was the largest and most prestigious Mafia clan in all of South Korea. They owned half the clubs in Seoul and hold shares in most major companies in Seoul. The eldest of the Choi brothers is actually one of Jiyong's executive CEOs. Everyone simply knew the brothers as Se7en and TOP, and everyone viewed them as dangerous thugs while Jiyong simply referred to them as family. On occasions such as this, Jiyong was definitely happy to have them by his side.

As the night came to an end for Jiyong, he decided to give TOP another call for an update.

"Yeah," a deep voice came through the receiver.

"Anything new?" Jiyong asked

"Nope, I got the boys checking out some motels and stuff incase she's there," he said. "I also checked at the airport to see if she left Seoul, but no, she might still be somewhere on this rock."

"Thanks man, call me if you get anything new."

Driving home was the hardest thing for Jiyong to do now, it wholeheartedly took all his might just to look at his front door. It was the hardest thing to come home to an empty house, as much as he wanted to stay away from their house; afraid of their memories that haunted every corner; he wanted to be there. Just in case she decides to come back. But somewhere deep within, he knew it was too late. Too late for him to change, too late for him to be the loving husband everyone thought he was. 

As he sat in their lonely home, he kept staring at the clock. Wishing with all his power that he had the ability to wind back time just as easily as winding that hour hand on that clock. But no, it was too late, and karma is truly a mean .

Now that he had time to think, he himself didn't understand why he did what he did. His wife was the perfect wife any man would wish for, she was beautiful, curvaceous, spontaneous and the most devoted wife. What the hell did he ever see in Lee Chaerin? She was a beauty too, that he won't deny, but she had none of the qualities that his wife had, she didn't know what he liked, how he wanted to be touched, how he wanted to be loved, yet he was still attracted. 

Oh how he wished time was on his side. Maybe then he would still have her in his arms, feel her right next to him, hear her bubbly giggles, feel her delicate lips on his, taste her sweetness... But no, he took it all for granted and now he was suffering for it. As far as he really wants her back, he knew for certain that she was never gonna be his again. And that was okay with him, if that was the price he had to pay for leaving her home alone all those times, for hurting her time after time, then it was okay. Just as long as she was safe, then he was okay, right?