Worth Fighting For

Baby Steps

A stream of light shines onto two bare girls laying in a king sized bed. The phone begins to hum against the nightstand on the left of Taeyeon. She groans, but reaches out for it and slides the button to answer. She presses the cellular device against her ear, answering the phone with a croak.

"Hello?"

"Are you not up yet? My little Taengoo get up. Your dad and I are going to arrive in a few minutes."

"A few min--"

Taeyeon's eyes flash open and she rises quickly from her bed. Sunny squirms a little and tugs the blanket. Taeyeon hangs up the phone and frantically starts putting on clothes. Sunny still has her eyes closed, but she mumbles in a whiny voice.

"Taeyeon-ah, I'm trying to sleep can you stop moving? I'm really tired from the great ..."

Taeyeon blushed, but had no time to be doing that. She shakes the half-asleep bunny vigorously.

"My parents are going to be here soon."

Sunny jolts up with her tousled hair and holds the blanket to her chest. 

"What do you mean soon?!"

The doorbell rings and the two of them just stare at each other. It rings once more. Sunny quickly runs to the restroom to freshen up. Taeyeon yells to her. while walking towards the door.

"What do you want me to do???"

"STALL TIME FOR ME!"

Taeyeon opens up the door with a smile as the two of her loved ones grab her into a warm embrace. As the three of them let go of each other, Taeyeon notices her two siblings behind them. Her parents walk straight into the house while Taeyeon was distracted. Her mom speaks up.

"Taeyeon, did something happen? I heard some yelling."

"Oh, it was nothing mom. Sunny is here that's all."

"What? Really? Where?"

Her mother couldn't hide her excitement. She was so happy that her baby had found a new love after what she went through. Taeyeon could sense her mother's eagerness. Just as her mother was going to ask more questions, Sunny walks out of the room and bows down to Taeyeon's parents immediately. Taeyeon shuffles towards Sunny, and wraps her arms around her. Taeyeon's mom gave off a motherly smile to Sunny. Taeyeon's dad came out of the kitchen with an apple in his hand. He gives Sunny a quick glance and then looks at Taeyeon. He begins walking up to the couple.

"How do you always get the pretty ones? I have been stuck with your mother forever."

The father and daughter duo begin chuckling. Sunny begins to blush shyly; meanwhile, Taeyeon's mom grimaces.

"What do you mean stuck with me? I'm the one stuck with you."

Taeyeon's father moves towards her mother and nudges her.

"You know I'm kidding. I love you with all my heart."

Taeyeon's mother makes a v shape with her hands to cup her face as she blushes. Taeyeon makes a gagging face jokingly. Her parents look at Sunny.

"You can call me abeoji, and call my wife eomma."

Sunny can feel butterflies in her stomach. She thought to herself.

"Is this what it feels like to meet someone else's parents? They are so kind and accept me as if I'm their own."

Her thoughts get erased when Taeyeon's older brother yells from outside the house.

"ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO MAKE ME CARRY ALL OF THIS?!"

Sunny rushes outside to help him. He drops the bags on the driveway and closes the trunk. He looks up to see a beautiful woman standing in front of him.

"You are?"

"I'm Sunny."

"We should get a drink together, you're beautiful."

Taeyeon's brother winks at her and Sunny once again blushes. Taeyeon runs outside with a bat.

"Jiwoong, that's my girlfriend you're talking to."

"Oh, damn, really? There's no way. She's out of your league you dork. Plus, I don't think she can resist me."

Taeyeon scoffs and raises the bat to her brother. He quickly grabs it mid air and strips it from her grip. He clicks his tongue at his younger sister. Sunny was flustered about the situation. The two siblings looked at the petrified cutie standing there. They look at each other and begin laughing hysterically. Sunny's face portrayed confusion as she watched the two laugh their heads off. She shrugs it off and grabs a few bags and walk towards the house. She brushes by a girl, and can't help but be struck by her beauty. She drops the bags into the house to get a better look of this girl. Taeyeon notices Sunny following her, so she leaves her brother stranded with the rest of the luggages. She stands by Sunny and points to the other girl.

"Sunny, this is my sister Hayeon. Isn't she cute?"

"Beautiful, actually. Taeyeon, I think you might have some competition. Does everyone in your family look this good?"

Haeyeon blushes as she bows to Sunny. Taeyeon scowls at her girlfriend.

"First of all, she's straight. Second of all, she's too young fo-."

Hayeon interrupts her older sister and points her hand up.

"Actually, I'm biual and I'm 18. I'm totally down."

Hayeon winks at Sunny, and Sunny smirks. Sunny looks at Taeyeon in disapproval.

"You don't even know about your sister?"

"Now I do."

Taeyeon put her arms around Sunny protectively.

"First Jiwoong, and now you? Sunny everybody in my family can't keep themselves away from you! I don't want you to be taken away from me!"

Hayeon rolls her eyes.

"If I wanted her, I'd have her by now. Don't worry big sis, she's yours. Although, she's way too good for you."

Taeyeon looked at her sister in disbelief. Sunny chuckled at the confidence of the girl. Sunny whispers into Taeyeon's ear mockingly.

"I'm too good for you. I'm too good for you. Na na na boo boo."

She blows a raspberry and hurries away from Taeyeon's death grip. She sees Taeyeon's parents sitting on the couch and joins them. Several thoughts popping up in her head.

"What am I going to do? How do I impress them? What do I say?"

Taeyeon's father notices the look on Sunny's face, so he reaches out to her and starts a conversation.

"So, what brings you here so early in the morning? I didn't expect you to be here."

Sunny and Taeyeon exchange looks. Taeyeon barges into the conversation.

"We were -- uh -- going to go pick up Mason up soon. Yeah, that's what we were going to do..."

Taeyeon's mom squealed.

"My grandson is coming? Yay! What a coincidence that he's coming the day we came."

Taeyeon gives out a nervous laugh and Sunny coughs a little.

"Yeah, what a coincidence mom...."

Taeyeon's mother shoos her away, urging her to go get her beautiful grandson.

"Go now. I want to see him."

"Okay, okay. I'm going. You guys are good here right? Sunny, you want to come with?"

Just as Sunny was about to give out an answer, Taeyeon's mother answers for her.

"She's fine here with us. Just go get Mason."

Taeyeon has a concerned look for Sunny; however, Sunny gives her a look of reassurance. A telepathic signal telling Taeyeon that Sunny would be fine.

"Alright, looks good."

Sunny nods towards her girlfriend and her hands shoo her away. Taeyeon goes to grab her keys to go pick up Mason. She leaves Sunny alone with her family.

---

Taeyeon walks towards her car and pulls her phone out. She dials Tiffany's number, which will always be known by heart. Tiffany answers with a hoarse voice.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? You sound sick. I'm coming to pick Mason up right now, do you need anything while I'm on the way? My family is here and they want to see him. You know how my mom is."

Tiffany can somehow sense the rolling of Taeyeon's eyes through the phone. Tiffany shares a small laugh, because she knows what Taeyeon's family is like. She could hear the sound of an engine along with a bluetooth activation in the background. 

"I'm fine, it's just a cold. Jessica is in the kitchen making me some soup right now actually. Mason is helping her out."

Taeyeon imagines her son cooking side-by-side with Jessica. She gets a weird feeling, but it isn't a bad one. Taeyeon realizes how much their lives has changed since they got divorced.

"Tiff?"

"Yeah?"

"How did we get here? I mean, I'm enjoying my life right now, but what happened? We were so happy back then."

The two share a stiff silence. The two of them never really talked about the reason things fell apart, leading to Tiffany's adultery. Tiffany gets her thoughts together and breaks the silence.

"Can I be honest with you?"

"We're already on the phone and we've never really talked about it until now."

"What we had was such a perfect love. Everything always went the way I wanted it to, because you never wanted to lose me. This may sound weird, but it was because it was so perfect. You gave me everything I ever needed. A child, love, and, most importantly, trust. I was the one to break that trust. Of course, I hated the way I did that to you. I don't even know what got into me. It even more, because the person I did it with isn't even in my life anymore. There are times where I think to myself, 'Why did I have to do that?' But then I also realized that us splitting had to be done. I could've done it simply by breaking up with you, but you would have found a way to win my heart back. I was simply just bored of our relationship after a while. We would never fight. When I noticed we never fought, that's when everything began to spiral down on me. Tae, fighting is so important in a relationship. I would never fight with you because there was nothing to fight for. You, on the other hand, trusted me so much that you thought you had nothing to worry about. Now, look where that got us."

Taeyeon took a few minutes to process what Tiffany said in silence.

"I guess you're right Stephanie."

Tiffany was shocked that Taeyeon had called her by her first name. She would only do that when the two of them were in an intimate or sentimental moment. Taeyeon continued talking.

"When I found the two of you in that bed, I just wanted to beat whoever that person was.But I didn't. That's when I realized that it wasn't worth fighting for. I heard you screaming my name as I exited the building with Mason in my arms. All I wanted to do was get away from you, instead of talking about it with you right there. I should've at least heard you out, but I didn't. I didn't want to. I guess I was just as ready to be done as you were. My heart cried so much that day Tiffany. I was so hurt..."

Taeyeon could hear Tiffany sob a little. Taeyeon's heart felt a pang, but she continued to speak up about her feelings. Tears also began falling down her face. Not sad tears, but not exactly happy tears either. She quickly wipes them away and gives a small laugh. She sniffles a bit, and Tiffany can hear the sniffle from her end. Tiffany's heart also hurt, because she had hurt Taeyeon so bad. Taeyeon talks softly, but strong enough to be heard.

"But I'm okay now, Tiff. All that suffering was worth it, because now I have a girl who will patch me up. One that I do want to fight for. I just want you to know that you're still the reason to my happiness. If that were to never happen, I would've never went to the club that day and met the girl who I know is worth fighting for. Tiffany, thank you. I'm about to pull up to your driveway. Can you open up please?"

Tiffany sniffles and rubs her nose. She dabs her eyes a bit. A faint noise of body shuffling comes out can be heard from Taeyeon's end of the phone. Taeyeon can see Tiffany's garage opening. Jessica and Mason standing there to welcome her in. She waves towards the two and parks her car. When she gets out, she could see Jessica whisper to Mason. He walks inside and the two are left alone. Jessica walks towards Taeyeon and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Was all of that true?"

"All of what?"

"What happened between you and Tiffany."

"You heard?"

"It doesn't take long to make soup you know."

Taeyeon looks at the floor bashfully. Jessica gives her a pat on the shoulder.

"I know Tiffany, what she did was for a better cause. She's still a great--"

Jessica cuts her off and laughs.

"I know Tiffany now just as much as you do. I don't care about her past, I care about her now. I'm the person that is in her present time, and hopefully, her future. I know she's a great girl. Don't sweat it."

"I wouldn't say you know her as much but you do to a certain degree."

The two laugh together for once. Jessica begins walking inside. Taeyeon following her quickly into the house.

Tiffany runs up to Taeyeon as soon as she enters the home. She hugs Taeyeon with all of her might and repeatedly says sorry. Jessica pulls the two of them apart.

"Hey, I'm just getting warmed up to Taeyeon. Don't ruin it for us. You should only be hugging me."

"I can hug whoever I want to hug!"

Tiffany retaliates to Jessica and hugs Taeyeon more with her tongue sticking out towards Jessica. Taeyeon felt a bit flustered by the two bickering, but hugs Tiffany back. She could feel a warm feeling in her body. Not romantically, but still full of love. The two have come to terms with their situation and are closer than ever now. Jessica pulls them apart and carries Tiffany on her shoulder. Tiffany's arms and legs flail around as she struggles to fight against Jessica. Jessica throws her on the bed and force feeds her the rest of the soup. Taeyeon walks towards her son in the living room and carries him the same way Jessica carried Tiffany. She yells to the two immature adults in the house.

"I'm leaving now, with my son of course. Don't forget to come to the party!"

Jessica sticks a thumbs up that Taeyeon can see through the crack of the door. She puts Mason in his booster seat and speeds off back to the house.

---

When she opens the door she could see all of her family surrounding the television. Sunny was in the middle of her loving family. She was the first to notice that Taeyeon and Mason had arrived. Taeyeon gets the attention of her family members.

"We're home."

Taeyeon's mother couldn't contain her feelings for Mason and rushed towards him. Plowing him with hugs and kisses. Mason was giggling with all the love that his grandmother gave him. He hugged her tightly and gave her kisses back. Taeyeon sat with her girlfriend as her family members were swarmed around Mason. The two of them cuddled on the couch and continued watching the movie that was on.

"What happened while I was gone?"

"I love your family. Your siblings are cuties, and your parents are great. I think I should be the one asking you what happened."

Sunny replied to Taeyeon with an eyebrow raised.

"What do you mean?"

"Jessica called me and told me about the phone call between you and Tiffany."

"It wasn't anything special."

"Your family thinks it was."

"You told them?!"

"Jessica was on speaker. I didn't expect her to expose a phone call. Talk about Kimye vs Taylor Swift drama. Am I right?"

"Not funny."

Sunny looked into Taeyeon's eyes lovingly. She caresses Taeyeon's face and smiles.

"Am I really the one worth fighting for?"

Taeyeon leans in for a quick kiss and Sunny accepts it. When Taeyeon pulls back, she begins to caress Sunny in return.

"Of course you are."

Sunny hugs her girlfriend tightly never wanting to let go.

*********************************************************************************************

The fact that people comment and still support this story impresses me. It's been a half a year since, or even more, since I last posted. My soshidiots make me giddy! I'm so excited to be back. I hope you guys enjoy as always. Don't forget to sub, upvote, and comment suggestions/feedback. I'm also beginning to try to make my chapters more lengthy for you guys. Happy readings to all of you cuties. Once again, and as always, sorry if there are any grammatical errors!