You Have Me

Baby Steps

It's 2 AM. Taeyeon is sitting in her at home office, reviewing all the cases that have been submitted to her. Her face is twisted from all the crazy things that she has been reading. She has been reviewing these cases forever, and hasn't found the one she wants to defend yet. She lifts up her glasses back up to her eyes. She looks around the room. 

It's empty. She spins in her chair for a while, then pushes herself away from the desk. She decides to take a break and not overwork herself. She plops herself down on her sofa and turns on the TV. She flips throught the channels to see what she wanted to watch. She looks back at her phone that's on the kitchen counter. She groans as she gets up to grab it. It has been on Do Not Disturb mode all day. She takes the mode off and her phone begins to buzz busily. It was her family members calling and texting to see if she was going to have a christmas party this year. She rolls her eyes and decides she will answer them tomorrow when she wakes up. She heads towards the tv again, but isn't interested in the shows. She shuts it off and walks towards her bedroom to sleep.

---

It's 8 AM and Taeyeon wakes up to her phone rapidly buzzing again. She opens one eye to check who it is. The contact reads "Umma." She rolls her eyes and ignores the call. She closes her eyes to catch up on the sleep she's been missing. She slowly begins to fall asleep once more.

---

Taeyeon naturally wakes up at 12 PM and decides to call her mother back. She rubs her eyes and stretches. She grabs her phone and clicks her mother's name. Her mom answers upset. Taeyeon isn't surprised.

"Taeyeon-ah, why are you not answering my phone calls? I miss you."

"I was sleeping, because I've been working a lot lately. I miss you too."

"The family is wondering if you are going to have a party this year. Last year you didn't."

"Well, last year I was with my friends."

"Were you with Tiffany?"

"Yes, Mom, I was."

"Nothing happened right?"

"No, mom, I've already told you we are on good terms now."

"Yeah, but she did that to my poor little baby."

"I'm not a baby anymore, and I'm over it. I have Sunny now."

"Speaking of Sunny, you've never introduced us to her..."

"What, mom, what are you talking about of course I have."

"When?"

"Well, there was that time... No... Well... No... Oh my god, mom, I've never introduced her to you!"

"Have you met her parents?"

"Well, no."

"What the hell Tae! How long have you two been together?"

"About a year and a half."

"And you've never met her parents?"

"I just said I haven't..."

"You are going to have this Christmas party. As a matter of fact, your father and I are coming down tomorrow to help out!"

"But that means you'll have to close the shop. Don't do that mom, it's unnecessary. I bought that shop for you, at least make money with it."

Her mother abruptly hangs up on her. Taeyeon sighs and runs her finger through her hair. She calls Sunny right away. Sunny answers it with a pouty tone.

"Taeyeon! Why haven't you called me? I missed you babe."

"I was working."

"I know that you dork. You told me to leave the house so you can concentrate more. Was I really that distracting?"

"Have you seen yourself?"

"True."

The two of them share a laugh. Taeyeon breaks the laughter.

"Apparently, I'm having a Christmas party. Want to be my date?"

"Umm, no."

"What do you mean no?"

"Convince me."

"First of all, my whole family is going to be there and I've discovered that you haven't met them..."

"What about the time we.... Wait no... That thing where... No nevermind... Holy crap I've never met your parents! Oh my god, what am I going to do? I mean we've been dating for so long and..."

"You can start off by being my date to my party."

"Shut up Taeng. I'm thinking."

"But I-"

"I should buy roses and chocolates. Nah, that's for dates."

"We went on dates and I never got roses and chocolates."

"That's because you gave them to me, and you've always been wrapped around my finger."

"Love at first sight baby."

"Taeyeon, I'm stressing out. Help me."

"Just be yourself."

"What if that's not good enough? How do I introduce myself as a bar tender? What if they think I'm not good enough for you? What if I'm not high class enough to be with you."

"Sunny, chill. My parents aren't like that. I didn't grow up rich like all of my other friends. I worked hard for my money. My parents aren't snobs. Plus, I know you are perfect for me. They want what is best for me."

"You really think I'm best for you?"

"Of course. Now can you come to my house? We are both stressed and obviously needs some planning and talking to do."

"I'm on my way. See you later babe."

Sunny hangs up, leaving Taeyeon with a smile. Taeyeon hops into the shower to spare time.
---
Sunny pulls up into the drive way. She rings the door bell multiple times; having continuous anxious thoughts about meeting Taeyeon's parents. Taeyeon had just got out of the shower when the rapid dings and dongs barged through her ears. She doesn't have time to put clothes on so she just wraps the towel around herself and rushes to answer the door. She opens the door and Sunny quickly passes by Taeyeon, causing the towel to come off. A man passing by peeks through the open door and whistles at Taeyeon's body. Taeyeon hurriedly kicks the door shut. Sunny is still so caught up with her own thoughts that she didn't even realize what had happened. Taeyeon looks back at her couch to see Sunny just sitting there. Taeyeon snaps in front of her face to get her attention; as if her body wasn't enough. Sunny shakes her head and looks up at Taeyeon. Her eyebrows scrunch up.

"Umm, why are you ?"

Sunny asks her girlfriend with a completely confused look on her face. Taeyeon scoffs at her.

"You're kidding right?"

"No, why are you ?"

Taeyeon notices that she really wasn't playing around, so she decides to take this opportunity and play with her distraught girlfriend. She begins rubbing Sunny's arms slowly moving to her legs.

"Well, I knew you were coming and I figured, why not? You've already seen me multiple times before."

Her voice slowly drifting towards the end to give her some edge. Sunny looks up at Taeyeon agitated.

"Now is not the time Tae! I'm freaking out. I'm going to be meeting your parents for sake. Go put on some clothes!"

Taeyeon looks at her with alluring puppy eyes and lets out a raspy moan.

"Do you really want me to put on some clothes?"

Sunny can't help but look at her gorgeous girlfriend. Looking up to Taeyeon's face; the little byuntae had her eyebrow raised. She hesitates, but makes her mind up.

"Taeyeon, please not right now. I, honestly, really want to. I just can't; there's too much on my mind right now."

Taeyeon pouts but walks towards her bedroom for some clothing. She returns to see her stressed out girlfriend soflty chewing on her lip. Taeyeon plops onto the couch and puts her arm around her.

"Sunny, I assure you that my parents will love you. They loved Tiff."

Taeyeon winced and wished she could take back what she said. Sunny glares at her and begins to rant like a maniac.

"Tiff? No duh they would like her. She's pretty; she's rich; she has a successful, not to mention stable, career; and she's the mother of your child. There's so many things against me. She has what I don't have."

Sunny looks down at her toes. Taeyeon gazes at her girlfriend, she gives her a little peck on the cheek and takes Sunny's hands into her own.

"But you have me."

"She used to have you."

Taeyeon gave a tighter grip to Sunny's hand and speaks firmly one more time.

"But you have me."

Sunny's shoulders began to relax. Her pupils weren't as shaky, and she returns the favor to Taeyeon by tightly squeezing Taeyeon's hand back. She rests her head on Taeyeon's shoulder and sighs.

"You're totally right Tae. I should just be myself. However, I will bring gifts to impress them. I will show them exactly who Lee Soonkyu is."

"You should totally do that babe. Oh and don't forget to invite your parents too."

Sunny lifts one eyebrow.

"How are you so relaxed about meeting my parents?"

Taeyeon shows Sunny a sly smirk.

"I just know that no matter what happens between your parents and me, you'll still love me. Now, we have a lot of planning to do for both of our parents & friends. So let's get to it!"

Sunny smiles at Taeyeon brightly. Taeyeon leans in for a kiss, but Sunny stops her.

"Nonononono. We have a lot to do, right?"

Sunny winks at her lover & giggles excitedly. Taeyeon whines.

"I just comforted you! I deserve at least a kiss!"

Sunny quickly gets up and drags her feet slowly across the living room. She begins heading to Taeyeon's master bedroom and ily shakes her while looking back at Taeyeon. She hurriedly runs to the room and shuts the door. Taeyeon can never control herself around Sunny. She just knows how to make her happy. She was in love. Taeyeon yells towards the room wildly.
 

"Why did you tell me to put my clothes on if this was going to happen anyway?"

Sunny could hear the shout from the living room, and smirked. She could hear Taeyeon's hurried footsteps and movement as she rushed to the room. She couldn't stop thinking about what Taeyeon said. The words played in her head like a broken record. She whispered them under her breathe and smiled.

"You have me."

************************************************************************************************************************************

Let's start off by me saying that I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating. I know many people love and want me to update this story, so I will. Honestly, I'm thinking about ending it in a few chapters, BUT that isn't the end of my writing. Throughout this story, I've thought of other story ideas and want to write some more for you guys. There was just a moment in time where I didn't feel like writing, because I had other things to focus on. School really took a big chunk of my time, and so did other things. I just wanted to spend time with people that's all. I'm back for now though, so expect more from me. I hope seeing the orange globe on the top right made you giddy & excited. I'm not completely sure if I'm ending it soon, we'll just have to see where I/YOU guys want to take this. Comment any suggestions, upvote, subscribe, do whatever you need! I really missed being on here, and I'm glad to see many people still enjoy this fanfic! Once again, love all of my readers. I hope you guys enjoy! xoxo :)