I'm Fine

Baby Steps

Taeyeon woke up with the sight of Sunny wrapped around her. She stared at Sunny's gentle features. She would never get tired of waking up to that every morning. She smiled as Sunny eventually started opening her eyelids. Sunny was half awake with one eye open. She looked up at Taeyeon. Taeyeon quickly kisses Sunny's forehead.

"Goodmorning sunshine."

Sunny yawns and smiles.

"Last night was amAZing."

"Of course it was, we had two rounds. How could it not be?"

"Truuuuuuuuu"

The two giggle at each other's ridiculousness. In the middle of their giggle fest, Taeyeon's phone vibrates. The two of them stop laughing while Taeyeon checks her phone.

1 MESSAGE FROM FANY

"Who is it Tae?"

"It's Tiffany."

"What does she want?"

"I'm not sure let me see."

Taeyeon pulls her arm out from under Sunny and sits along the bed frame. Sunny pouts, but she leans over Taeyeon's back to see the text. Taeyeon opens up the text to see what Tiffany wants. The letters were all in caps.

"COME PICK UP MASON NOW!!"

Taeyeon scratches her head and starts replying with her fingertips.

"Why? What's wrong?"

A message is quickly sent back from Tiffany.

"I'll tell you when you get here. Please, hurry."

Taeyeon runs her fingers through her hair and sighs. She turns to Sunny.

"Wanna go pick up Mason with me?"

"Umm, let me check if I'm free."

Sunny looks at her wrist, pretending that a watch is  there. She stares at Taeyeon stupidly.

"Does it look like I work right now? I work at a god damn bar for crying out loud."

"Oh yeah... So is that a yes??"

Sunny thumps her head and walks outside the room.

"OW!"

Taeyeon calls out to her, while following her out the room. The two rush into the car knowing that they need to get Mason quickly.
-
They pull up in the drive way and run up to the door. Taeyeon rings it urgently. Tiffany swings the door open. Her eyes were red and puffy, but she was all dressed up in black. Taeyeon took a step back.

"Woah, what's wrong Tiff?"

"Just come in."

Taeyeon and Sunny walk inside with questioning eyebrows. They sit on the couch and wait for Tiffany to explain.

"There was a car accident.."

"WAIT WHAT? WHO? WHAT HAPPENED?"

"It was Eunb, Rise, Ashley, Sojung, and Zuny"

"Those kids you had to train for modeling, and the ones who were always cheerful towards us."

"THEY AREN'T JUST THOSE KIDS TAE. THEY WERE CLOSE FRIENDS OF MINE ALSO. AND YES THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY CHEERFUL."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry."

Taeyeon's hands were in defensive mode. Sunny sat there quietly, absorbing the information like a sponge. Tiffany took deep breathes between her sentences.

"They were leaving an event, and it was raining... And the tire flew offf... Eunb and Rise..."

Tiffany couldn't hold it in anymore. She let all of her tears flow. Sunny transferred to Tiffany's side of the couch and patted her back. Tiffany in a sniffle and continued her sentence. Sunny saw the trouble in Tiffany's eyes.

"You don't have to say it if it's too hard..."

Tiffany didn't want to but in her head a sentence went on repeatedly.

I'm Fine. I'll be strong for them.

She smiled at Sunny sweetly, and blurted out the rest of the sentence with courage.

"They're dead Tae... and Sojung is in the hospital... and the other girls are fine, but i just..."

Tiffany let out another monsterous cry. It startled Sunny at first, but she carefully craddled her. There was a moment of silence. Taeyeon tried her best to process everything.

"I... I... But... The last time I saw them..."

Taeyeon barely knew them, but there was sudden feel of guilt in her heart. These girls were so sweet, and Taeyeon never took the time to notice them... They would bring her a drink whenever she visited Fany at work, but Taeyeon didn't properly say thank you at times like those. Now, it's too late to say thank you. It's too late to say anything to those innocent girls. Taeyeon fell into a deep trance. Sunny stared at Taeyeon noticing how dark her face had gotten. She looked to the floor and paid her respect of silence. You could only hear soft sobs from Tiffany. It was so quiet you could hear the silent drip of Taeyeon's first tear. Tiffany got up abruptly and sighed.

"I need you to watch Mason while I attend the funeral."

"But what if I want to go to."

Taeyeon argued back, she wanted to send her condelences to the victims families.

"Then go later. I want to help their family send her away and help serve the visitors."

Before Taeyeon could argue Tiffany started grabbing her stuff.
Mason came out in his pajamas, one arm stretched out, and the other rubbing his eye. He yawned and looked at the adults in the room. Mason tilted his head when he saw Tiffany walking out the door. But when, he saw Taeyeon his grin went from ear to ear. He screamed ecstatically.

"MOMMY!!!!"

The voice rang in Taeyeon's ears. She wiped the tears that were slowly dripping from her face and turned to face him with his arms outstretched.

"MASON!"

He ran into her arms and held onto her tightly.

"I missed you mommy, and Sunny ahjumma too!"

Sunny smiled at him lovingly. Mason ran up to her and pecked her on the lips.

"Yah! I can only kiss those lips!"

Taeyeon grabbed Mason and held him in her grasp. She blew on his neck playfully. He giggled whole heartidly. It was so weird how the atmosphere changed so quickly. Sunny couldn't help herself. She joined into the playfulness the family had. She tickled Mason slightly, but he laughed like their was no tomorrow. Once they were done playing, Taeyeon decided to ask Mason a question.

"So Mase, remember how you wanted to learn to do flips and stuff."

Sunny corrected Taeyeon.

"Acrobatics."

"Yeah that."

Mason nodded his head so quick it seemed like it would fall off.

"Well, how about we do that today?"

Mason started really flipping his after that.

"REALLY MOMMY?!"

"I said I would take you didn't I?"

Sunny recommended something to the two.

"Hey, I actually know some guys that can do acrobatics..."

"Really? Well, bring us to them so we can get Mason to fly."

"Woah, not so fast there. These guys are some busy dudes.. I'll have to call them up first."

"Hurry and call them!"

Mason repeated after his mom.

"Please ahjumma. Call them!"

Sunny dialed the numbers on her phone so quick. Mason could make her do anything. She'd run a mile just to see his face. Taeyeon and Mason looked at each other excitedly. They were exchanging expressions. Sunny got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen, when a man's voice came from the other end.

"Hello?"

"Jackson is that you?"

"Sunny?"

"Yeah! You remember me?"

"Of course! Always miss cracking up jokes with you! How can I ever forget about you?"

"True. I'm the best clown around."

"My variety skills these days are fantastic though, so we'll have to see about that."

The two of them laugh over the phone. Taeyeon hears the laughs and tells Mason to stay on the couch and watch TV. Taeyeon tip toes to the kitchen and peeks her head through.

"So what's up Sun?"

Taeyeon could hear the conversation even from far away. Her head jerks back when she hears the nickname. Taeyeon quietly whispers to herself.

"Sun?"

Taeyeon sneaks up quietly to Sunny's back and wraps her arm around her. Sunny screams and drops the phone in surprise.

"ACK! TAE DON'T DO THAT!"

"You and this guy seem close."

Sunny picked her phone up and glared at Taeyeon. You could hear Jackson yelling through the phone.

"YO SUNNY! WHAT HAPPENED? IS SOMETHING WRONG?"

Sunny answered back to him calmly.

"Nothing's wrong, my annoying, suspicious girlfriend just scared the crap out of me."

Taeyeon looked at her crazily.

"Me? Annoying? whAt?"

"Girlfriend? You finally decided to stay committed? Wow, I've really haven't seen you in forever."

"If she scares me like that again, I won't be committed for long."

Taeyeon looked at her crazily again and pouted. But she continued to hug the back of Sunny, and snuggled her head into Sunny's shoulder cutely. Sunny smiled.

"So what's up?"

"Oh yeah! If you aren't busy, I wanted to ask you if you can teach..."

Sunny hadn't thought about what Mason is to her yet.. He is like a son, but not officially. But he isn't a nephew, or just a random boy. She didn't know what to say. Mason doesn't really call her anything special yet either...

"Teach who??"

Taeyeon noticed the confliction in Sunny's face. So she decided to answer for her.

"If you aren't busy, we wanted you to teach OUR son how to do some flips and stuff."

Sunny looked into Taeyeon's eyes and Taeyeon looked into hers lovingly.

"Oh yeah sure no problem! My schedule is free today. Come by anytime."

"That's great! Tell Mark I told him to come too!"

"AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU? WOW BYE."

Jackson hung up on them. Sunny rolled her eyes and called him back, he picked up after the third ring.

"Stop being dramatic Wang and just tell Mark to come."

"Okay okay I'll tell him to come, bye."

Jackson hang up for the second time. Sunny and Taeyeon ran up to Mason. Taeyeon tapped his shoulder.

"Guess what Mase?"

Mason was still looking at the TV. His eyes were looking elsewhere but he made a humming noise.

"Hmm?"

"Sunny mum just hooked you up to some lessons."

"Really?!"

He ran up to Sunny and squeezed her.

"I love you mummy."

Sunny's heart melted whenever he said the word 'mummy'. She just mumbled some random words out of happiness. Her brain had disfunctioned trying to process Mason calling her mummy.

"Love you too Mason.. adadaserfwea...aefnairnfea.."

Taeyeon smiled when she saw the bond they were sharing. It's like they were destined to meet. Sunny thought to herself.

I wouldn't have met Mason, if Taeyeon wasn't there to help us bond.

**************************************************************************************************************************
I know pretty lame chapter i guess, idk. But R.I.P to RiSe & Eunb! Pray for ladies code with all of your heart. I had to dedicate part of my story to these lovely women. It's so unfortunate. This year was just a bad year for kpop in general. Let's hope Sojung recovers healthily! I'm supposed to be studying but I'd rather use my time to write for them. Let's just take a moment and put Ladies' Code into our hearts. Let's never forget that idols are also human and anything can happen to them also.  This chap was also dedicated to 151Kamii sorry it's a sad one. ;[