I Hope

Baby Steps

Taeyeon rears up the engine and begins driving the three of them to IHOP. Sunny is in the passenger seat holding her hand. Taeyeon's phone begins to ring. Sunny answers it for her.

"Hello?"

"When are you getting here Tae?"

It was Tiffany, and you can hear the whole group laughing loudly in the background.

"It's Sunny, and we're almost there. See you soon okay?"

"Oh sorry, but okay. See you soon!"

Taeyeon raises her eyebrow and looks at Sunny for a second before putting her eyes back on the road.

"Who was it?"

"Tiff. They're all waiting for us."

"Just one more turn and we're there."

Taeyeon makes a left turn and drives into the IHOP parking lot. Sunny carries Mason out of the car. The whole group was waiting outside for them. Tiffany watched as Sunny walked towards them with Mason in her arms. She felt guilty that it wasn't her that was holding him instead. Taeyeon shouts towards them.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS GET A TABLE!"

Hyoyeon yells back.

"WE DID! IT'S JUST BUSY RIGHT NOW, SO WE HAVE TO WAIT."

Taeyeon got closer and stopped yelling.

"Oh. My b."

Jessica frowned at Taeyeon. Sunny put Mason down, and he went towards Tiffany.

"UMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Hey Mase. I miss you."

They both shared a smile. Tiffany bent down to scoop him up, and he gave her a peck on the cheek. Sunny was smiling at the two. But then she felt a tug on her arm. Jessica pulled her a bit to the side.

"You've been with Taeyeon all week, when are you coming home?"

"Woah, my Jessi being caring for once."

"I miss my best friend, what can I say?"

"Well, just tell Tiff to sleep over. She can sleep in my bed."

"She sleeps in mine."

Jessica gave her a wink and a playful smile. Sunny made a gagging face.

"You haven't done it on my bed though right..."

Jessica gave no reply and walked quietly back to her girlfriend.

"AT LEAST WASH MY SHEETS ! NO, CLEAN EVERYTHING!"

Sunny sighed and followed Jessica back to the group. Taeyeon put her arm around Sunny's shoulder. They made eye contact.

"Where'd you go?"

"Jessica had to ask me a question."

"Oh no. It wasn't something about me right? No matter what I do, I can't impress that girl."

"Don't worry, the only person you need to impress is me."

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung gagged at the cheesy gesture. Yuri interrupted their lovey dovey stage.

"Why aren't you like Yoona and me? We just prove our love to each other with physical actions. If you know what I mean."

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung just nodded in agreement and approval.

Yoona shyly slapped her girlfriend's arm. Yoona put her arms around Yuri's back and rested her head on her shoulder.

Mason felt a buzzing sensation. Everyone looked at him. They all yelled at once.

"FOOD!"

Sooyoung's voice could be heard over everyone elses.

---

They all get seated and take their order. Mason sat next to Taeyeon. Jessica pulled Tiffany to go to the bathroom. Once they got out of everyone's sight, Jessica gave Tiffany a slight peck on the cheek.

"Jessi, what was that for?"

"Well, I saw everyone else being sorta cute...I know I don't show my affection as much as I absolutely want to, but I just want you to know...I love you."

Jessica couldn't hide her smile, from the woman standing right in front of her.

Tiffany pulled Jessica's face closer to hers and whispers underneath her breath.

"I know, I love you too."

Jessica kisses Tiffany deeply wanting to show how much she felt for this girl. She has been putting so much effort into this relationship, and it's been really paying off. Right when they start moving downwards, they get startled. A shout calling both of their names distracted them. It was Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. Hyoyeon was the one yelling.

"YAH! WE'RE IN IHOP NOT IHUMP! EVEN I HAVE THE DECENCY TO NOT IN A PUBLIC PLACE. BUT THE FOODS READY, COME EAT."

Jessica looks at Tiffany and they both laugh, embarrassed about getting caught. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung hold hands and talk as they walk back to the table. Hyoyeon whispers to Sooyoung.

", I thought we were going to get hot in the bathroom but they HAD to be there first."

Sooyoung smiles and comforts her girlfriend. She even gives her a steamy kiss and winks at Hyoyeon.

"We have all of tonight. I don't have work tomorrow."

Everyone witnessed the kiss and drops their fork. Taeyeon covers her son's eyes, but Mason is still trying to peek (learning from her byuntae mom keke). They would've lost their appetite, but they haven't eaten and were starving. Moments later Tiffany drags Jessica to the table, because Jessica is too lazy to walk. Taeyeon stares at the two of them. Tiffany couldn't look into Taeyeon's eyes, it felt weird. Taeyeon looks back at Sunny and nuzzles her nose into her neck. She whispers in Sunny's ear loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I love you."

Sunny grabs her fork and stacks pancakes on it. She shoves it into Taeyeon's mouth. Sunny takes a bit out of the other side, making a pancake kiss. She looks at Taeyeon dead in the eye.

"I love you too, now shut up."

Yuri points her finger at Taeyeon and laughs.

"hA! You're whipped."

Tiffany smirks and replies.

"She has always been."

The group just looked at her and the atmosphere got quiet, except for Mason; he was scarfing down his plate. Sunny gave Tiffany an awkward smile. For a moment, everyone forgot they were even married. This just reminded everyone. Taeyeon coughed, and everyone just continued eating. Tiffany felt a bit embarrassed and Jessica noticed it. Jessica rubbed the back of Tiffany's hand for comfort. Jessica got up and picked up Tiffany with her. Hyoyeon scoffed.

"Going to the 'bathroom' again, now that you're done eating."

Hyoyeon was still upset about earlier, so she put emphasis around the word bathroom. She couldn't curse either because Mason was there, and Taeyeon and Tiffany would beat the out of her. The two of them blushed. Jessica replied.

"Nah, I'm leaving before I have to pay that bill."

"What bill?"

The waiter popped up right behind JeTi with a long bill. Jessica pointed at it.

"That one."

Taeyeon smiled.

"I'll pay for it. Don't worry, and if you're leaving can you take Mason for today?"

Tiffany smiled.

"I will always be able to take my son. My son over everything."

Jessica knew it was true, so she didn't really feel bad. This is the first time Jessica has actually got a chance to hang with Mason. When Tiffany has Mason, they're usually overseas for their modeling career. Along with Sooyoung of course. Sooyoung has spent more time with Mason than Jessica has. Jessica took the opportunity and held out her hand to Mason. He was a little hesitant. Taeyeon whispered in Mason's ear.

"Don't worry. I know she's cold on the outside, but deep inside somewhere you'll see that ice melt."

Mason kissed Taeyeon on the cheek and grabbed Jessica's hand tightly. Jessica actually enjoyed Taeyeon's presence for once.
---

Taeyeon paid the bill and everyone went their seperate ways. Jessica drove to Tiffany's home instead of her own. They walked into the house and hopped onto the couch. Jessica was feeling lazy again. She felt a tap on her leg and looked down. Mason held a baseball and two mitts. She wanted to groan, but she knew she shouldn't. Something about that little boy gave her energy. She grabbed a mitt and walked towards the backyard. Mason had a big smile on his face, it made her smile too. They began throwing the ball back and forth. For some reason, she wasn't just standing there. She was actually throwing and catching. Tiffany was watching out the window in amazement. She sipped her cup of tea and walked outside.

"You two having fun?"

Jessica was slightly sweating, but she was definitely panting. Mason was laughing crazily. Tiffany smiled. Jessica did one thing she promised herself never to do. She ran. She ran towards Tiffany, wrapped her arms around her body, then swung her around.

"If I didn't meet you, I don't know if I would ever be this happy."

"Jess, you are killing me today. What's going on are you sick? You've been being active, being cheesy, being affectionate."

"I don't know Tiff, you just bring the best out of me."

Tiffany kisses Jessica softly. Mason just stands there gawking at them.

"Umma, I thought you and Momma were supposed to kiss because you love each other."

Jessica couldn't help but feel a bit sad. Tiffany reassured Jessica and Mason.

"I did love your Momma, Mase, but right now I love Jessica."

Mason scratched his head.

"Oh?"

Jessica offers Mason a shoulder ride. He hops on.

"Don't worry kid. You'll understand when you're older."

Tiffany shakes her head and pats Mason's head.

"I hope."

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hope you guys enjoy the chapter. This is the usual, but please ignore spelling or grammar mistakes! Unless it really bothers you. Just put it in the comment section :) But yeah, I updated for once in my life lol. Added a little more JeTi as requested, so I hope those of you enjoy. I'm still very thankful for every single upvote, comment, and subscriber. I'm going to bed now. Please give feedback in the comments ^^ Sweet readings to my soshidiots! <3