Bye Mason

Baby Steps

It's been a whole week since Tiffany last came to her house. As she promised he would be given back to her.
A knock on the door was heard.
Taeyeon went to open it.

"Last time you didn't knock. You just came right in."

"Well, the door was open that time."

"Oh..."

Tiffany proceeded walking into the house. They both sit on the couch.

"What'd you guys do this week?"

Taeyeon sits there pondering.
The images of the activities with Mason popped into her head. A scene at the park, where they played on the slide; at the movies, where they watched the new Captain America movie; at a restaurant, they filled their tummies and got ice cream for desert. Mason was devouring it hungrily.

"Tae.. You going to answer my question or just sit there zoning out on me?

"Huh? Oh, we did all sorts of things. Ask him yourself. He'll tell you ALL about it."

Taeyeon smirked trying to make Tiffany jealous of the time they had.

"Okay.. I'll ask him then. I guess he had fun this week. But he's going to have more fun with me."

Tiffany's competitive side chimed in.

Taeyeon noticed that she didn't get those same buttery feeling in the pit of her stomach, when Tiffany did cute things like that anymore.
Taeyeon scoffed

"Stop doing that. It doesn't feel the same. I don't know what you're trying to do with all that aegyo, but you better stop. It's just strange to me now."

"How come everytime i do something you assume it's to get your heart back?"

"You're saying you don't want it back?"

Taeyeon felt a pang in her own heart.

"Even if I tried I wouldn't. And I'm dating Nichkhun now. Taeyeon you need to move on. Just like I did."

Tiffany whispered looking down at her fingers.

"I'm sorry that I didn't cheat on my wife Tiffany. I'm sorry I can't move on even if it's only been 3 weeks."

Taeyeon said with sarcasm in her voice.

"KIM TAEYEON. You make me look as if I'm a bad person."

"BECAUSE YOU ARE!"

Mason was awakened from a one hour nap by Taeyeon's shout, but he thought it was just a dream . He walked out of his room. He looked sleepy and tired from just waking up. Mason rubbed his eyes and yawned unaware of the two sitting on the couch. He walked to the fridge and got some juice. Then walked back inside to sleep.
They both let go of their breath that they've been holding since he walked out. They inhale and exhale to try to get some oxygen in their system.

"Oh my god. You woke him up. Lower your voice a little please."

"This is my house. I do what I want."

"Stop being childish right now. Gosh, I think Mason is more mature than you are."

Taeyeon gave her a nasty look.

"Just hurry up and get out of here. I packed his stuff. Since he's still sleeping I'll carry him into your car."

"If he wakes up it's all on you."

"Shut up and get the car ready."

Tiffany was mute. Taeyeon was never this rude to her.
Tiffany grabbed Mason's items and went to start the car.
Taeyeon went inside the room and lifted Mason up onto her shoulder.
She whispered in his ear.

"I love you Mase. Try to have fun with Umma."

"I love you too Momma."

Taeyeon was startled. She didn't expect him to answer.

"Yah! Did you pretend to go back and sleep?"

Mason giggled. She kissed him.

"Tell her about how much fun we had too, alright?"

"Okay."

Taeyeon was smiling at him.

"You better take care of him Tiff. If he has one scab..."

"Taeyeon. I've been doing this since I've had him. I took care of him because you couldn't."

Taeyeon was hushed. She looked down at her feet.

"Just promise me nothing will happen."

"I promise."

Tiffany was about to kiss her on the cheek but was stopped by a hand.

"Don't. Just don't."

Tiffany retreated from the kiss.

"Okay, but just to let you know I still love you. But not in the same way"

"I can't say anything right now. I just know that i dont love you in the same way either, I can't even love you."

Tiffany sighed and walked away from the porch.
Mason was sitting in the car fully awake. He saw the way Taeyeon rejected Tiffany's kiss.

"She never rejected Umma's kiss before.."

He felt a strange prick in his gut. But he wasn't sure why it happened.
Tiffany got into the car. Mason just stared at her. Not sure of what to say.

"Umma, I felt something in my body. I think i need to poop."

"Just wait until we go home okay."

"But, i thought this is my home."

"You have two now Mason."

"WOW! TWO HOUSES WE  MUST HAVE A LOT OF MONEY! Can i have some money Umma. Pleaseeeee?"

He said with aegyo pouring out of his mouth
Tiffany smiled but she felt guilty knowing that having two houses meant something else. She handed him one dollar.

"Save it up okay? You'll need it for something you want."

"Okay."

They started driving out of the drive way.
Taeyeon stared down the rode until they were out of the neighborhood.

"How many times do I have to go through this? When will I get used to it?"

She looked up into to sky. Hoping that the big guy up there would help her out.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm buddhist so I just put the big guy in the sky okay?
lol. I think the next chapter or the chapter after the next will be when she sees Sunny.
The next chapter is going to be short if she doesn't meet Sunny by then.
Okay?
I'm going to watch the new Captain America movie today so that's why i put that.
Inspiration right there lmao.
Well bye guys! I'll take feedback and ideas in the comments!
Thanks for all the subscribers and views<3