Thinking of You

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back! :) Thank you for waiting, but I have to apologise in advance if this chapter sounds awkward (I kinda rushed it out..).

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

D&E were on stage performing their last song, Still You, but Kyuhyun was too distracted to watch his hyungs.

Where is he? I only looked away for a moment and he disappeared. Something is definitely wrong with that composer – he just drowned one whole glass of orange substance. Wait, maybe it is orange juice? Kkkk.

Kyuhyun chuckled to himself as the audience broke into applause for D&E’s performance. Next up was Henry’s special violin performance, which earned a standing ovation from the audience. As the arranged performances ended, the audience sat waiting for Siwon’s address.

 

Kyuhyun took his glass of orange juice and sipped at it. (He would definitely drink some wine if he could, but the trainees were all banned from taking alcohol that day in case they got too drunk and couldn’t control themselves)

“Hyung hyung, wahhh, look! It’s the composer!” Minho nudged Kyuhyun anxiously with his elbow, almost causing Kyuhyun to spill his drink. He shot a death stare at Minho that went unnoticed as everyone’s focus was on the stage.

Composer? Didn’t Henry just perform?

Kyuhyun turned to the stage.

 

There was a chair placed in the center of the stage and the crewmember entered with a microphone stand. The blonde, now with a black hat on, walked towards the chair, with a black guitar in his hand. There were white six-pointed stars as fret markers and a white simple design below the sound hole. The composer sat down and started tuning his guitar, while the crewmember adjusted the mic for him.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened at the sight of Sungmin.

He’s performing tonight too?! I thought he has always wanted to keep his identity a secret?

 

Since there was no introduction given, the audience was puzzled at the performer before them. People were asking each other who the person on stage was and many thought it was one of the DTF trainees. But the performer’s looks, the blonde hair, the physique, were all too attractive.

On DTF’s side, everyone, especially the artistes and management were shocked to see Sungmin on stage. Ever since Sungmin’s composition first went viral after joining DTF, he has rejected all business meetings and producing jobs for external artistes. He merely sold his compositions under the alias ‘Niel’ through the company, hence keeping his identity a secret. And this was akin to blowing his mysterious cover.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

As he finished tuning his guitar, Sungmin closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.
This is it… Sungmin, you’re ready to let go. You have to let go.
He felt that familiar sharp pain in his chest once again.

 

He opened his eyes and looked at the audience who were waiting for him. The rest of the company was sitting on the right. He easily found Eunhyuk who gave him a gentle smile. Behind Eunhyuk, Ryeowook held a thumbs-up to him.

Hyukjae-ah, this is for you.

Sungmin smiled gently, “One More Chance’s ‘Thinking of You’ (널생각해).”

He began plucking the guitar strings, looking over at his left hand. Then, he slowly closed his eyes and let himself immerse in the music, moving along with the rhythm.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyuhyun watched the composer’s movements closely. The slight nodding of his head, the sharp neck line as the composer turned towards the guitar frets, the fair skin that looked even more fair with the spotlight, the eyes that were closed gently, the slight crease between the eyebrows, the strong right arm that came over the guitar, the sleeve that was loosely buttoned at the right elbow, the hand plucking the string smo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter