Apology

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun sat in the practice room, waiting for Sungmin to arrive. Heechul had informed him of the change in plans for his debut and he had met up with Hwang Sung Jae the day before to discuss the collaboration and sign the contract. Sung Jae had expressed that he was going to create a remake of Bubble Sister’s song, Love Dust, for Kyuhyun and the song would be recorded in ‘Hwang Sung Jae Project Super Hero Album’, the second line of his project that consisted of remakes of all his greatest hits.

Kyuhyun had tried to insist in debuting with a song made by Sungmin, but the company has already decided for him to debut with ‘Love Dust’. He had no choice but to follow the decision.

 

 

Sungmin entered the room, walking straight to the music player. Kyuhyun stood up and greeted the composer.

 

“I guess you’ve heard the news about your debut?” Sungmin said without looking at Kyuhyun.

“Yes, I met Sung Jae sonsaengnim yesterday.”

“Mmh. Remember I said we are trying a dance song today?” Sungmin loaded the disc into the music player.

 

“Why didn’t you write me a song?”

 

“What?” Sungmin turned around.

 

“Why didn’t you write me a song for debut?” Kyuhyun pursed his lips.

 

Sungmin sighed. “I did, but it isn’t the best song for your voice.”

 

“So you threw me to another composer?”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Does this brat even know anything.

It wasn’t unusual for Sungmin to retrieve back his songs after submitting demos because he was unsatisfied with them. It usually happens three times or less, while Kyuhyun’s case of seven demos was unprecedented. But that doesn’t mean he should agree to use just any demo.

He had seen numerous groups failing at debut and struggling to stay in the industry. VOL was one of those groups. Without finding the right song, Sungmin refused to risk a talent’s future. Especially not Kyuhyun’s.

 

“I tried. Sung Jae sunbaenim is one of the best composer-producers. You’re in good hands.”

Sungmin took off his plaid patterned shirt, revealing his black tank top.

 

“Oh. You must have tried really hard.” Kyuhyun said sarcastically.

“Cho Kyuhyun. Whether I tried hard enough is up to me to decide. You’re still debuting. What are you so unhappy about?”
Sungmin glared at Kyuhyun for a few seconds before turning to throw his shirt on top of his bag.

 

“I—I—”

 

“Today’s our last lesson.”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Last lesson? What? But I’m still not good enough!” A flustered expression flashed across Kyuhyun’s face.  

Last lesson? No…

 

“Recording starts next week for you. You’re ready, Kyuhyun.”  

“B-But—”

“No buts. Let’s start the lesson.”

 

But I don’t want to stop… seeing you.

 

 

Sungmin pressed a button on the music player and walked towards the center of the room.

Without waiting for Kyuhyun, Sungmin started moving to the beat, dancing to the choreography and singing to the lyrics.

 

D&E’s Still You?

 

The dance immediately caught Kyuhyun’s attention.

His moves are so smooth and he can handle the singing so well while dancing too.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sungmin panted as the song ended.

Looks like I’ve shut him up.

 

“You like it? You should try dance songs too.” Sungmin walked towards Kyuhyun, whose eyes followed his movements.

“It’s not easy to sing while dancing. If you do more of such practice, it would help improve how you regulate your breathing for slow songs too.” Sungmin stopped in front of Kyuhyun who was still staring at him.

“Kyuhyun?”

 

“Y-Yes.”

 

“I’m sure you would do well.”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Before Kyuhyun could respond, he felt himself being pulled into an embrace. The composer’s body was radiating heat after the dance. Feeling the warmth from the composer’s body, Kyuhyun stiffened up.

 

“Sorry for being unable to write you a proper song.” Sungmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter