Recording 23

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Why recording '23'? Don't rack your brains on that... it's just a number I like. 

 

 

Kyuhyun sat in the same practice room where he used to have vocal lessons with Sungmin. Leeteuk has cleared all bookings for the practice room so that Kyuhyun can use it whenever he wants to, so it was practically his own room now.

It has been three weeks since he last saw Sungmin; two weeks since they last talked over the phone during his recording. Kyuhyun had eagerly waited for the composer to contact him again the whole night after the fateful phone call, while rolling in bed thinking about Yonghwa’s words.

It took him the entire night to finally admit to himself that he felt something more than a student should feel towards a teacher, a dongsaeng should feel towards a hyung, or even a friend towards another friend. He couldn’t lie to himself anymore. He was sure now – he is deeply attracted to Sungmin.

The next morning, he couldn’t hold himself back anymore and decided to contact the composer first. He typed and deleted the message for a dozen times before deciding on a simple ‘Thank you’. And the reply he got? -- ‘You’re welcome’.

Kyuhyun decided that he couldn’t blame the composer for the short reply, what more could he expect from the short message that he had sent in the first place?

 

A week after the recording session, Kyuhyun found himself sneaking out during his packed schedule. He had heard that Sungmin was in the company for recording with VOL and couldn’t stop himself from wanting to see him. He especially went to buy drinks – hot chocolate for Sungmin and coffee for VOL – so that he did have a reason to go over. He paced around for ten minutes outside the recording studio and almost bumped into Ryeowook when he walked out. After understanding that Sungmin was busy with recording Zhoumi’s parts, Kyuhyun had shoved the drinks into Ryeowook’s hands and hurried back to his practice room, leaving a puzzled Ryeowook in the corridor.

 

And now, he sat in the practice room, his thoughts wandering back to Sungmin and his irritating lack of courage to look for Sungmin again. Sure, he was busy with his schedule, but he could have sneaked out if he tried to. However, from tomorrow onwards, it would be impossible for him to do so. His official schedule starts tomorrow – digital release of his song was scheduled in the morning and his first variety show recording would take up the whole day.

In essence, tomorrow is his debut day. The day he had been working towards for years. The day he was going to fulfill his dream of becoming a singer.

His entire debut plan was moved forward by a week thanks to the speedy recording. He felt unprepared, but at the same time, excited that his dream was going to be fulfilled earlier.

It felt surreal. He would be officially a singer tomorrow. His family would be proud of him and his dad would finally recognize his efforts. Everyone, even those who were strict with him, had became so warm and encouraging as his debut neared. Siwon had even suggested throwing him a party tonight in Yunho’s bar, leaving the entire planning to the other trainees.

 

Kyuhyun held his wrist up to check the time. There were still two more hours before Heechul would pick him up for the party. Heechul had cleared his schedule for the afternoon to give him a rest, but Kyuhyun decided to camp in the practice room and do some vocal practices. He needed distrac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter