A Reason To Be Happy

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Drops the chapter and runs away because I'm not done with the chapter for my other poor neglected fic. xD
The reason why Sungmin left the hospital early will be revealed in this chapter... Enjoy!

 

 

 

Sungmin carried his leather duffle bag on his left shoulder and strode into the company with a cup of coffee in his hand. Although his house was amazingly clean with everything in place, courtesy of Ryeowook, he did only gather a few pieces of clothing and underwear, deciding that he could buy whatever he needed later. He greeted the receptionist politely and made his way up to Heechul’s office. Sungmin knocked on the door twice and waited for a reply.

“Urghhh, if this is something unimportant, I swear I’m gonna kick your ! Come in!” Heechul’s frustrated voice came from inside the room.

Sungmin smiled to himself and turned the doorknob. There were documents and files sprawled all over Heechul’s table and he was working on his computer.

“What?” Heechul asked without looking at the visitor. He tapped irritatedly at the space bar while vetting the document in his computer.

Sungmin closed a file to make space and placed the cup of coffee on Heechul’s table. Heechul’s eyes flickered to the cup and back to the computer.

“Ahh, at least you know I need a cup of coffee.” Heechul took a sip from the cup.

“But that doesn’t stop me from kicking your if this is something stupid. What is—WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE, LEE SUNGMIN?!” Heechul finally took a look at the face of his visitor.

“ISN’T YOUR HOSPITAL DISCHARGE SCHEDULED TO BE TOMORROW?” Heechul took a look at the date on his computer. “I didn’t remember wrongly! It’s tomorrow!”

Sungmin laughed at Heechul’s surprised expression.
“Awww, my almighty manager remembers his star composer’s discharge date.”

 

Sungmin walked to the sofa and plopped down on it.

“So-so-so, what are you doing here? The doctor let you go home early?” Heechul got up from his seat and followed Sungmin to the sofa, grabbing his mobile phone along. “You should have called me to pick you up!”

 

“Hyung, I’m going to New York.”

“You wanna go on a vacation? Ah, that’s a good thing. You didn’t rest at all the past few months.” Heechul unlocked his phone, irritated at the missed calls and messages. He ignored the notifications and opened up the calendar instead.
“When do you want to go? I will book the air tickets for you.”

 

“My flight is at 7.45pm.”

Heechul frowned at the text message that just came in. “You want a night flight? Hmm, I’ll check with the airline company.”

 

Sungmin snatched the phone from Heechul’s hand when he was typing a reply.

“Yah brat, give me back my phone.” Heechul reached out for his phone.

“Hyung, can you just give me five minutes and listen to me? I promise to return you your phone when five minutes is up.”

Heechul raised his hands in defeat and Sungmin stuffed the phone into his own pocket.

 

“Okay okay okay, so you want to go to New York.”

“Yes, I don’t just want a night flight, I AM taking a night flight.”

“What?”

“My flight is at 7.45pm tonight. I’m leaving tonight, hyung.”

“WHAT? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?” Heechul slapped Sungmin hard on his shoulder.

“Oww, hyung!!”

“HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME? WHAT ABOUT YOUR FOLLOWUP APPOINTMENTS AT THE HOSPITAL? THE PSYCHOLOGIST? THE COUNSELING?” Words shot out of Heechul’s mouth like a machine gun.

 

Sungmin grabbed Heechul’s hands that were flailing around.
“Relax, hyung. Siwon has approved my leave and Teukie hyung helped me arranged everything already. I will be seeing a psychologist over at New York.”

“But you are going alone? How can you go alone without someone to take care of you?!”

“Hyung, I have friends there, remember? It’s not the first time I’m going to New York.”

 

Heechul narrowed his eyes at Sungmin.

“You’re not coming back, are you?”

“What, hyung? I—No, of course I’m coming back! I have a job here along with an almighty manager!”

“But you don’t know when. You took an unlimited leave from Siwon, didn’t you?”

“Yeah… I did. I will come back, but only when I get everything sorted out.”

 

“My star composer is running away from me~ wuuwuuwu~” Heechul pretended to sob.

“Hyung…” Sungmin sighed.

“Fine fine fine, go and come back when you are ready to earn money for me.” Heechul withdrew his hands from Sungmin.

“Don’t be angry, Heechullie hyung~~ You don’t look pretty with all the creases from frowning.” Sungmin tapped Heechul’s forehead.

“Yah, I look pretty all the time, okay?” Heechul slapped Sungmin’s hand.

“Yesyes, my almighty, handsome, and forever pretty manager.”

 

“You sure you got everything ready? Let me send you to the airport then.” Heechul smiled.

“It’s okay, I know you have a lot of work to clear. Teukie hyung and Donghee are sending me there, I’m just here to bid farewell to you all.”

Heechul eyed the documents on his table and sighed. “At least Teuk is the one handling everything for you, I wouldn’t trust Kangin to do it.”

“Mmh, I’m thankful for Teukie hyung, although that doesn’t mean I don’t trust Kangin hyung.” Sungmin grinned.

 

“Wait… You still owe me a reason. Why all the secret planning?”

“Because other than not forgetting any reminders, my almighty manager doesn’t forget gossiping as well. I don’t want to kick up a fuss in the company and… I don’t want to let Kyuhyun know.”

“Idiot. I can keep secrets, okay? But you should tell Kyuhyun; he cares a lot about you.”

“That’s precisely why I can’t let him know. He’s going to want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter