Oh, My First Kiss

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

// as promised ^^

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sungmin sat in front of the piano, warming up his fingers with a classical piece.

He looked up at the clock hung up in the practice room.

15 seconds past 9.30am.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyuhyun ran past the reception, swiftly bowing to people on the way. He sped up the stairs to the third floor, where the practice rooms are located.

Heechul has informed him last night that there will be additional vocal training sessions from today onwards, but had refused to tell him when Kyuhyun asked about the instructor. He planned to be in the practice room half an hour earlier before the lesson with the new instructor, but Minho was down with stomach flu and couldn’t stop vomiting. Kyuhyun was the only one left in the dorm by then and he couldn’t just leave Minho alone by himself.

It was already 9.20am when he finally managed to get Minho onto bed and fed him some pills.

 

Kyuhyun knocked on the door of Practice Room 3 and opened it without waiting for any response. He immediately bowed and greeted without even checking if the instructor is in the room. Then he looked up at the clock – 9.30am.

Shifting his gaze from the clock to the piano, he held his breath when he saw the composer sitting there. The blond hair was still captivating, but the composer was dressed in a t-shirt and baggy pants, unlike the fashionable look he had at the party.

 

“You’re late.” Sungmin looked at the panicky trainee who was panting heavily.

“It’s 9.30.” Kyuhyun pointed at the clock.

“To be exact, it’s now 9.30am, 50 seconds. You came in 10 seconds ago, that makes you 40 seconds late.”

 

Why is he such a calculative person!

 

“Minho was s– ”

“No excuses.”

 

Sungmin threw a rolled up skipping rope to Kyuhyun, who almost failed to catch it.

Skipping rope?

Confusion was shown on Kyuhyun’s face.

 

“40 seconds, 40 times of skipping. Tell me when you’re done.”

Sungmin stood up and walked towards the wall where he left his bag. He took out his phone and headphones, sat down and put on his headphones. After pressing on his phone, he closed his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun stared at the composer who was leaning against the wall and enjoying his music.

 

“Now what? I can’t skip!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, but the composer was well into his own world and ignored him.

 

Ah. I really have no luck with this composer. Why is he my new instructor?!

Skipping……

 

Kyuhyun threw his bag to the side and unrolled the skipping rope. He clumsily lifted his left leg over the rope, wanting to bring the rope behind him. Then he realized the knot in the rope.

“Argh. Why is it so tangled up?” Kyuhyun fiddled with the rope as he complained aloud. He thought the composer couldn’t hear him anyway.

 

After two minutes of fiddling, Kyuhyun was finally in position. He took in a deep breath and attempted to bring the rope over himself. He saw the rope coming down over his head and lifted his right leg.

 

—PAKKKK—

 

“Ah ahh ahh!” Kyuhyun jumped around on his left leg as he held his right leg, rubbing the part that he had just hit himself in.

 

Then, he attempted to do it again.

This time, he succeeded by slowing the rope to snail speed, lifting his right leg carefully over the rope, then his left leg.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

He seems awfully bad at coordination. This is funny, kkk.

After hearing Kyuhyun complaining about the tangled rope, Sungmin had turned off the music and was watching the comedic scene before him. He spent quite a bit of effort muffling his laugh when Kyuhyun hit himself the first time.

 

“19… 20!” Kyuhyun dropped to the floor, trying to catch his breath. He wasn’t even skipping properly, but the effort he took in concentrating not to hit himself was enough to tire him out.

 

Sungmin returned his headphones to his bag and walked towards the trainee, giggling away.

 

“What is so funny?” Kyuhyun looked up at him with an annoyed expression when he heard his laughter.

“Everything.” Sungmin chuckled.

 

Kyuhyun glared at him.

 

“That’s enough, 50% discount for the first lesson. Get up, we are starting lesson.”

Sungmin walked towards the piano and sat down.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyuhyun collected himself and stood up. He rolled the skipping rope and walked towards the piano.

He held out the rope to the composer.

 

“Keep it. It’s a present in case you’re late again.” Sungmin smiled, holding in his laughter.

 

Kyuhyun twitched his nose and threw the rope towards his bag.

 

“So mean to my present.”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged.

“It wasn’t very nice to me either.”

 

Sungmin laughed.

 

 

“So… Some administrative stuff first.” Sungmin grabbed a notebook from the piano music rack and started reading off the notebook.

 

“First, I don’t like people being late, even if it is for a second. So if you’re late again, you know what to do.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. I hate skipping.

 

“Second, we have lessons every Tuesday and Friday at 9.30am. At the start of each lesson, I expect you to submit an assignment.”

 

Sungmin grabbed the other notebook on the rack and passed it to Kyuhyun. It was a simple A4 sized notebook with a brown cover.

Assignment…?

 

“Do up a review on a song you like or any singer, composer, artiste. Music related, don’t show me a review on a character from Gag Concert or what.”

“Every lesson?” Kyuhyun thoughtlessly ran his thumb across the side of the notebook, staring at the empty pages with black lines.

“Yes, every lesson. If not, don’t come for my lessons. If you’re reviewing a song, you can analyze how the original singer handled the song, the emotions within the song, the skills…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter