Storm

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

// I think this is the longest chapter so far~ still no kyumin interaction in this chapter, but next chapter! I promise! Since I'm done writing about Sungmin moving on with this chapter. Pardon my slight biasness towards Wookie and wanting to write this part for him :)  Enjoy!

p.s. I'll post the next chapter with kyumin faster than usual! ^^
p.p.s. I really like Super Junior's Storm ^^ I recommend listening to that song when you read the part on it!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Good morning everyone~” Siwon entered the meeting room and stopped in his tracks when he spotted someone.

“Sungmin hyung? Wow, we have a unusual guest today.” Siwon’s surprised expression set everyone off laughing.

 

It was weekly Monday morning meeting for DTF’s management – a meeting that Sungmin has missed for the last three months. Siwon’s secretary, Tiffany, got so used to Sungmin’s absence that she stopped forwarding him the agendas for the meetings.

They went through the usual routine – reporting of work from everyone, discussing about the planning of D&E’s new album, the progress of trainees and other miscellaneous stuff.

 

“Okay. Now that we have finished our agenda, perhaps our star composer wants to explain what you’re here for?” Siwon directed the attention to Sungmin, who sat quietly throughout the whole meeting.

“Is it that weird for me to be here?”

Everyone nodded in sync.

“Hey, I’m part of this company!” Sungmin giggled.
“But Siwon’s right. I’m here because I have something to propose.”

 

Sungmin stood up and walked towards Tiffany’s laptop, loading a disc into the CD drive.
There was only one audio file on the disc.

“First… listen to this.”

 

It was a slow piano piece. Nothing dramatic, but one could feel the bitterness in the melody.

 

“It’s nice… but what is this for?” Kangin took the lead to ask as the recording ended.

 

“Presenting to you all, the first track of Voice of Life’s next mini-album.” Sungmin announced with a smile on his face.
“Not the full track though. I just finished this before I came over for the meeting, so I didn’t have time to record the vocals.”

“Next mini-album?” Siwon looked at Sungmin with a confused face.

“Well… Our star composer told me yesterday that he wants to get VOL out of their hiatus. And he.” Leeteuk pointed at Sungmin. “Is going to be the album producer for once.”

“REALLY?! Oh my, my composer is finally willing to do something.” Heechul stood up and rubbed Sungmin’s cheeks as Sungmin struggled to get away.

“Hyung, what do you mean by finally willing? I’ve always been doing whatever you told me to!” Sungmin exclaimed as he escaped from Heechul.

The others laughed as they watched Heechul attacking Sungmin again.

 

Siwon sat silent on his chair, mulling over what he has just heard.

 

“Hyung.” Everyone quietened down as Siwon spoke.

“If you’re serious about this, I’ll approve of the plans. I trust you enough to bring VOL to popularity this time, but money-wise, you know we have a tight budget left after allocating a big portion to D&E.”

 “I’ll do whatever I can. You can don’t pay me as well.” Sungmin winked.

“And we will all be here to help!” Shindong added.

 

­­­­­­­_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

Back in Heechul’s office, Sungmin began drawing up some rough plans with Kangin and Heechul.

 

“Okay great! The three of them will be so happy to hear this. Yesung has been feeling slightly down since we lost his acting role.” As the manger of VOL, Kangin has been working very hard to clinch solo activities for all three members.

“Hyung! Keep it a secret from them first. I want to give Wookie a surprise when he comes over to my house tonight.” Sungmin said.

“Wait." 
"How are you going to survive when Ryeowook gets busy and stops going to your house?! I don’t want to look for you in a rubbish dump!” Heechul’s words were slightly mean, but Sungmin knew he was worried about him.

“Ah hyung. Don’t worry, I promise to clean up by myself.” Sungmin whined.


Kangin took Sungmin’s hand in his.
“Sungmin, look. Both of us don’t know what the hell happened to you the past few months and we know you’re not comfortable with telling us, that’s why we never asked. It’s really great seeing you trying to get back on track, but you sure you will be okay?” Kangin looked earnestly into Sungmin’s eyes.

I must have made everyone so worried…

“Hyung, I’m okay. I’ll be okay. Sorry for making you all worry.” Sungmin smiled at Kangin and turned to look at Heechul.

“Great. We will always be here if you need us.” Kangin patted Sungmin’s hand.

“Always behind you.” Heechul winked at Sungmin.

 

“Baby bunny~” Kangin attacked Sungmin’s cheeks, just like how Heechul did an hour ago in the meeting room.

“Ahhh hyungggg!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Grocery shopping – checked.
Mopping the floor – checked.
Change the bedsheets – checked.
Tidying up the living room – checked.
Laundry – checked.

Last one… Sungmin grinned to himself.
Prepare dinner.

 

Opening the refrigerator, Sungmin whipped out some of the groceries he had bought from the mart on his way home.

5pm… Wookie usually comes about six-thirty.

 

Sungmin had rushed home after the talking to Kangin and Heechul in the office. To save time, he even had burger for lunch while doing his grocery shopping. He heated the pan and got down to cooking.

When he was satisfied with the taste of his cream sauce, he covered the pan and walked towards his room to get a shower. The spaghetti was already cooked with the bacon and mushroom. All he has to do was heat everything together with the cream sauce and he could serve the dish.

While worrying whether one main dish is sufficient for dinner, Sungmin examined the clothes in his wardrobe and attempted to pick something decent. He settled on a plain white V-neck t-shirt and comfortable grey training pants. He didn’t want to look too formal in his own house.

 

After taking a quick shower, he checked the time on his mobile phone.

6pm… I’m on time. It was fortunate I decided to tidy up the studio for a bit after finishing that song in the morning.

 

Toweling his hair, Sungmin was about to leave his room when he heard the sound of someone unlocking the door and then closing it again.

 

Wookie?! Why is he so early?!

 

Sungmin rushed out to the living room, only to see Ryeowook staring with wide eyes at the tidied living room. There were usually papers, clothes, and leftover food thrown all over the place after the weekends when Ryeowook doesn’t come over. 

 

“Ryeowook? Why are you so early today?” Sungmin asked and his eyes fell onto the bags of groceries Ryeowook was holding.

Ah. I was too busy preparing and forgot to ask him not to get groceries for me…

 

“Early?” Ryeowook flipped his phone cover open and checked the time. “It’s 6 already! I usually come around 5.30!”

“You do?” Sungmin felt a bit guilty that he remembered it as 6.30 instead.

He grabbed the bags from Ryeowook and headed towards the kitchen.

 

Sungmin was about to put on his apron when he heard Ryeowook’s voice.

“Oh my god.”

Sungmin followed the voice and rushed to the laundry room.

“What? What happened?”

 

“Did you burn all your clothes?!” Ryeowook pointed to the empty laundry basket beside the washing machine.

“No… As much as everyone who looks at my wardrobe says I should burn them, I don’t want to go on the streets.”

 

Ryeowook gave a confused expression, urging Sungmin to continue his answer.

 

“I washed them.”

 

Ryeowook stared at Sungmin for a few seconds, before closing the distance between them. He pressed the back of his right hand against Sungmin’s forehead before doing it on his own forehead.

 

“No… no fever… Are you feeling okay, hyung?” Ryeowook asked with a worried expression.

“More than okay.” Sungmin held in his laughter. “Come on, I made spaghetti.”

Sungmin dragged Ryeowook out by his elbow, who just kept staring at him.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Back in the kitchen, Ryeowook eyed Sungmin as he tied his apron and the stove.

“Can you get the champagne from the fridge and wash up two glasses for me, Wookie?”

 

Ryeowook was caught in his daze.

 

“Wookie?”

“Wookie~~”

“Oh yeah yeah. Champagne. Glass. I wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter