I Will Love

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For the following lessons, Sungmin worked through quite a few songs with Kyuhyun. He was satisfied with Kyuhyun’s improvement in his vocals but the emotions remained a problem. He even tried spinning stories for Kyuhyun whenever they approached a new song, but it wasn’t helping much. Kyuhyun was only a month away from his supposed debut time.

Sungmin frowned as he remembered the uncompleted song for Kyuhyun.

 

“Sonsaengnim! Your hot chocolate!” Kyuhyun walked into the practice room happily. Vocal lessons with Sungmin had since became one of the lessons he enjoyed best and he made it a point to bring Sungmin hot chocolate every lesson.

“Thanks.”

Kyuhyun fished out his notebook and passed it to the composer.

Sungmin placed the notebook aside and looked at Kyuhyun who was waiting for him to start.

 

“We’re going to do Green Area’s song today, ‘I Will Love’ (사랑을할꺼야). You do know that song, right?” Sungmin searched for the lyrics sheet in his folder.

“Yes.”

“We are going to try something different today though.”

Kyuhyun frowned. “What?”

“Acting.”
 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Acting?” Kyuhyun repeated.

Just when I thought he was becoming more normal.

 

“Yes, acting.”
“But first, what do you think is the story behind this song?” Sungmin handled the lyrics sheet to Kyuhyun.

“A guy who is afraid to confess and decides to love secretly?” Kyuhyun looked up from the lyrics sheet.

“No, this won’t be strong enough to bring out your emotions. Look at it like this. A guy who stood by the one he loved for years, giving everything that he had. But the one he loved was attached all along and he knew. Whenever something goes wrong in that relationship, the one he loved would be running to him. He gets hurt every time but he would still comfort the one he loved. He wasn’t afraid to confess, instead he couldn’t confess. And now he wants to stop giving in and stop hoping that it will be his turn someday.”

 

Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun to the center of the room.

“Now you are the guy and I’m the one you loved.”

The one I loved?

“W-What? What are you talking about? I can’t act!” Kyuhyun protested.

 

“Come on, he hasn’t met you yet. We’ll just act as though we’re attracted to each other for one night and make him jealous. Then maybe! Maybe he would stop going to that !” Sungmin said in a convincing tone.

He’s… acting?
Ahh. Here goes nothing.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes. He is the one I love. I should feel… angry.

 

“What makes you think that would work?” Kyuhyun tried to sound annoyed. He turned away from Sungmin.

“I don’t know… but you never know until you try!” Sungmin sounded as though he was begging.

“No, I’m never going to agree to this.”

 

Sungmin took a step towards Kyuhyun and reached out for his right arm. He spun Kyuhyun around.

“Look at me! You promised me you would do anything for me right?”

 

Concentrate, concentrate.

Kyuhyun tried to ignore the composer’s touch that sent electricity through him. He attempted to get into the character, repeating Sungmin’s words on the background of the story in his mind. Looking into the composer’s eyes, Kyuhyun bit on his lower lip. Sungmin’s eyes were b with tears.

 

“I did, but not this.” Kyuhyun turned again.

Sungmin tugged at Kyuhyun’s right arm. “P-please… Just this one time.”

 

His voice… is he… crying?

Kyuhyun turned around to look at Sungmin. Tears were trickling down the composer’s face. Kyuhyun felt a punch in his heart. He raised his hand towards Sungmin’s face and brushed off the tears lightly.

 

“You don’t have to torture yourself like this.”

“I’m not torturing myself… I need him.” Sungmin pulled his face away from Kyuhyun’s hand.
“He said I don’t give in enough. Why doesn’t he understand that I can do anything for him?!” Sungmin exclaimed desperately.

 

“Because you don’t love him to that extent.” Kyuhyun said calmly.

 

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun furiously.

“Come again.”

 

“I said. Because you don’t love him to that extent of giving up everything for him! And that bastard doesn’t deserve it!” Kyuhyun shouted in Sungmin’s face.

 

A slap landed hardly on Kyuhyun’s face.

“You have no right to say that. I HATE YOU CHO KYUHYUN.” Sungmin ran out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

 

 

He hates me…? Why? After all I’ve done?
I feel so tired..

Kyuhyun grabbed his chest, scrunching up his t-shirt. It hurts.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sungmin wiped the tears off his face and heaved. Opening the door slightly, he peeped into the room.

Kyuhyun bitterly smiled. “I’m such a fool… But why can’t I let go of you?” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself.

 

Seems like it worked.

Sungmin smiled to himself and slipped into the room. He walked to the music player and set the prepared disc playing. The music started to fill the room.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hearing the music, Kyuhyun looked up at Sungmin, who nodded at him.

 

`~ From now onwards, I may forget you too,
I’m really very tired.
Although whatever you want, I can give it all to you,
But I will not do that again. ~`
 

Kyuhyun followed the music and sang his heart out.
This love is too hard for me to continue.

 

`~ Don’t curse this type of me,
You do not know that you might regret
This period of youth where we know nothing, let it pass with time,
It will be too late to regret by then.

Get into a relationship that you can give all your love
Don’t always expect others to sacrifice for you
You also know, this has no end,
Both have to tolerate each other. ~`
 

Yes, because I loved you so deeply, I could never get over you no matter how much this is hurting me. Please find someone who deserves all your love and you can love fully.

 

`~ I will love you, I will love you
No one will know, it’s only for you
Stand by me, stand by me.
This love that nobody knows. ~`

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Finally… He is getting there.

Sungmin watched Kyuhyun’s weak smile as he sang the last line of the song.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter