A/N & Music List

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dear Readers,

 

Thank you for all the past support, comments, subscriptions and upvotes.
To The Years of Love was the first fic I have ever written, before My Heart Only Stops For You, even though both were released at the same time. This fic was inspired when I read Love Dust by vic_aino, hence the similarities between the characters of Sungmin initially. I had liked the idea of Sungmin as a composer and decided to write my own story about it.

As much as I would like to lengthen this fic, the ending was planned to be when Kyuhyun receives that song from Sungmin, 7 Years of Love. The song was decided right from the start and hence the title of this fic.

 

Along with all your comments, the plot of TTYOL has evolved from what the original plan was to what it is today. Some of the original plot included Sungmin writing a debut song for Kyuhyun, Hyukjae casually asking Sungmin about the song he heard Kyuhyun singing in the practice room resulting in Sungmin confronting Kyuhyun, Sungmin simply fainting instead of hurting himself with the beer bottle, and Kyuhyun going to Sungmin’s house everyday to take care of him after Sungmin was discharged.

In this story, Sungmin never blamed Hyukjae, because he realized that everything that happened was actually a result of his illness. The depression caused him to be unable to control his own feelings and negative thoughts, resulting in a lot of stupid actions that he himself did not understand.

The part about Sungmin leaving towards the end of the story was cliché, but I didn’t want to rush Sungmin’s recovery and make it unbelievable. Hence, I decided for Sungmin to stay away from the pain and memories till he was ready to face them in the right manner.

Some of you might be disappointed that Sungmin gave the song he wrote for Hyukjae to Kyuhyun, instead of writing a brand new, dedicated one. I would like to point out that Sungmin did write tons of other songs for Kyuhyun, which are the other songs in Kyuhyun’s album. It was deliberately planned for the title track of Kyuhyun’s album to be 7 Years of Love to show that Sungmin had moved on and they would embrace the past together as a beautiful memory. (Till now, I wonder how many of you actuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter