Bittersweet

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello!! :D 
I know I've been a bad author by not replying all your comments before this. Before I started writing fanfic myself, I didn't understand why other authors always asked for comments. But now i do! The direct response of thoughts from readers is a source of encouragement, and a source of inspiration as well. So from now on, I.WILL.MAKE.SURE.I.REPLY.EVERYONE!! (while trying not to leak too much of the story by accident :P)
I never knew how many would be reading this story when I started out, but really, thank you for spending your time to read this fic, subscribing, commenting... 

So yep, enough nagging! Off you go to enjoy the chapter! 

- viel Liebe, amethystf

p.s. I had fun renaming the chapters ^^

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“How long have you all known Sungmin composer-nim for?” Kyuhyun tried to ask casually as he twirled the spaghetti onto his fork.

“More than ten years?” Eunhyuk replied uninterestedly.

“Remember I once told you we were all trainees under the same company until we decided to follow Siwon and help out with DTF?” Donghae said.

“Mmh…”

“Sungmin’s one of us.”

 

“But you all said he gave you all vocal training isn’t it?” Kyuhyun frowned slightly.

“Yes, what’s wrong with that? You think he is not good enough to be a teacher?” Eunhyuk teased.

Kyuhyun shook his head immediately. “No no! I don’t mean that.”

“Ahh relax, Kyuhyunnie. We won’t tell Sungmin hyung.” Donghae winked.

“Sungmin hyung majored in musical theatre for college. Then he went on to take on vocals and songwriting lessons. He definitely has the skills to teach someone.” Eunhyuk explained.

Kyuhyun nodded.

 

“How come I’ve never seen him in the company since I entered DTF?”

“He doesn’t like talking to people so he is always avoiding people, especially some reporters who like to stick around our company entrance. And he went to the US and stayed with his songwriter friend for about four months after we finally debuted, which was around the time you came in. I guess that explains why.”

 

“Oh… is he attached then?”

Eunhyuk almost choked on his food and reached out for his glass of water frantically.

 

“Why are you asking so much about Sungmin hyung?” Eunhyuk finally managed to ask after finishing the entire glass of water as Donghae patted on his back.

“Are you… interested in Sungmin hyung?” The couple looked at Kyuhyun who was playing with his food.

 

“Yeah I guess. He’s quite an amazing person…” Kyuhyun answered casually as he gathered the peas on his fork.

Kyuhyun looked up and saw the couple sniggering at him.

 

“EH NOO, I DON’T MEAN IT THAT WAY. I’M INTERESTED BECAUSE HE IS SOMEONE I ADMIRE.”
“ARGH, THIS STILL SOUNDS WRONG. AS A TEACHER, YES! TEACHER TEACHER!” 
Kyuhyun blurted out as he realized his mistake.

 

The couple burst out in laughter, drawing attention from the other diners.

 

“Aww it’s okay, Kyu. We’ll keep it a secret for you okay!” Donghae chuckled at his dongsaeng.

“Noooo, I don’t like him or what!”

“WHAT?! You don’t like our star composer? Woah woah, now that’s something serious.” Eunhyuk shook his head, unable to hide his gummy smile.

“No, no, I— Ahh, forget about it.” Kyuhyun pouted as he returned to picking at his peas.

 

Donghae leaned towards Kyuhyun. “So why are you so interested in his love affairs?”

Kyuhyun looked up and glared at his hyung. “No no, I’m serious.” Donghae held up both hands. “Why are you asking?"

“Just… he said I have insufficient experience with love and that’s why there is a lack of emotions in my singing. And I was wondering why he could sing with that much emotion at the anniversary party.” Kyuhyun easily cooked up a lie.

 

They might know about the song since they’re such close friends. Can’t let them know I’m trying to find out about the song if I want to live.

 

Eunhyuk nodded in acknowledgement. “Not sure how he does that, but the last time he had a girlfriend was like… 8 years ago?” Eunhyuk counted with his fingers.

“8 YEARS?” Kyuhyun reacted a bit too strongly.

“Yeah he’s deprived. You want to give yourself to him?” Donghae grinned at Kyuhyun.

“Ahh hyung!!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sungmin sat in a corner of the practice room, going through the same music sheet for the hundredth time. He threw the music sheet aside and groaned at his headache. Leaning against the wall, Sungmin massaged his own temples. He had been working on the same song that was meant for a girl group all night but was still unsatisfied with it.

His eyes searched for the clock on the wall.

9.20am. That brat better not be late again.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyuhyun paced up and down outside the door, contemplating on the cup of hot chocolate in his hand.

Would he be angry if I bring in a drink to class?
But it’s for him and Eunhyuk hyung says he loves hot choco…

Taking in a deep breath, Kyuhyun knocked on the door and opened it cautiously.

 

“You’re not late.” Sungmin said as their eyes met.

“Yes… Good morning.” Kyuhyun bowed.

Sungmin shifted his attention to his music sheets and gathered them from the floor.

 

“I—I…” Kyuhyun stuttered.

Sungmin looked up at the trainee who is now standing in front of him.

“Ibroughtyouhotchocolate.” Kyuhyun mumbled.

“What?” Sungmin glanced at the cup that Kyuhyun was holding out to him.

“I… brought you hot chocolate. Sorry for being late the previous lesson.” Kyuhyun gabbled.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sungmin almost couldn’t catch the trainee’s fast words, but understood that it was an apology. He received the cup from the trainee, who immediately turned around and walked to the side to put down his things.

Sungmin took a sip from the cup.

 

Hot chocolate…

He smiled bitterly as he recalled the hard times he went through with his friends as trainees. Hot chocolate always reminded him of everything they fought for together and it reminded him especially of Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk always ordered iced chocolate while he ordered hot chocolate when they went out together.

 

I haven’t drunk this in a long time.

Sungmin knew Eunhyuk wasn’t the reason he liked hot chocolate. He had always liked the sweet; yet slightly bitter taste of chocolate. Just like the bittersweet memories of their trainee times.

 

Sungmin suddenly shot up from the floor and grabbed the music sheets.

“Sorry Kyuhyun, give me some time. We’ll start class ten minutes late.”
Sungmin said as he jogged towards the piano and set the sheets on the stand.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yes.” Kyuhyun answered.

He watched as the composer played a few bars on the piano, stopped and wrote something on the music sheets and returned to the piano again.

His gaze shifted from the composer’s hand to his broad shoulders and back.

His back… must be nice to lie on.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter